Kieran Trippier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We have higher priorities to replace elsewhere with Wanyama, Dembele, Alderweireld and Llorente. Therefore RB is not a priority this summer. If Poch wants he can play KWP more and I would not object but whilst both our senior RB's have faults we have to deal with replacing the other players. Now some may say Sanchez replaces Toby but we then need a replacement for Sanchez as it is having sufficient cover and at RB we have.

Walker is a brain dead speed merchant mate, he's learned nothing at City
So you would rather a player, not sprint from the halfway line to challenge the oppo? You would prefer a player to stand with his hands on his hips and give it up? Would Walker have been best served to not bother and try to cover the mistake of one of his own players?

Tone fair, sammyspurs sammyspurs could have just posted Walker’s highlights from City’s Palace game that got him dropped for their last three games (inc their game against Liverpool).
The ONLY time that's happened since he's been there!!! And when City can call upon Danilo (a £30m FB) to be the player to replace him, it speaks volumes to Walkers quality that he's kept him out of the team since he signed for them, behave.

Anyway, this doesn't have anything to do with Walker. It's about Tripps The Calamity Kid, who fucking striked again!

Pple can say what they want about what type of player Walker would be without speed, the fact is he has speed, and it means he can track back and cover when he or others make an error. Trippier has just as many if not more lapses in concentration than Walker did but he has no speed or strength so can't recover.

So you would rather a player, not sprint from the halfway line to challenge the oppo? You would prefer a player to stand with his hands on his hips and give it up? Would Walker have been best served to not bother and try to cover the mistake of one of his own players?

Id simply prefer him not to finish it off for their striker.
All pace, no brain

"duuuuuhhhhh if I run as fast as a train, in a straight line, right at the ball, and dont slow down, and kick it towards Hugo.......DOH!!!"

:walker:

Id simply prefer him not to finish it off for their striker.
All pace, no brain

"duuuuuhhhhh if I run as fast as a train, in a straight line, right at the ball, and dont slow down, and kick it towards Hugo.......DOH!!!"

:walker:
So you would have preferred him to have stayed put on the halfway line.

Without any doubt, in my mind, I know what I want from my players and that's to have players the mentality and desire that Walker showed in that instance.

So you would have preferred him to have stayed put on the halfway line.

Without any doubt, in my mind, I know what I want from my players and that's to have players the mentality and desire that Walker showed in that instance.

Id have preferred him to hook his leg around it like a defender

Second half yesterday was the best half in his career here he said.
Like any manager, Poch is inclined to talk a bit of shit in the immediate aftermath of a game. He makes better observations in the days and weeks afterwards.

If you can't finish your fucking dinner, maybe you deserve a kick in the bollocks. Man Utd looked like they had blown their load in the first half, and were clean out of gas and ideas in the second.

Sammy you wouldn't be even talking about it had he remained on the halfway line with his hands on his hips just like all the other players.
Another angle, he outsprints four of our own players all better positioned to cover.

How many times do I need to answer....he's a dummy, I think he's a fairly average footballer, with pace who makes mistakes every single game, but has the speed to rectify them.

Thats it

All I see in that video is Kyle putting the ball in the net for no reason

But nobody will blame Poch for it, just the full backs, and the central midfield

Second half yesterday was the best half in his career here he said. Maybe he thought Walker was playing
And it was so galling to hear what Pogba said they had worked on in training during the week-

"It’s a great ball but we have been training on this we knew that was the weakness of Spurs they got high and we need to attack in the opposite side and that’s what we tried in training," Pogba told Sky Sports after the 1-0 win.

Paul Pogba reveals Man Utd tactic that gave them victory vs Tottenham

This season what game has Aurier played shit in?

I think he's had a couple of mixed games, made some stray passes, got beaten by the oppo but then in the same game made some great tackles, read the game well and contributed in attack. Can't think of a calamity that has lead to the oppo scoring and us dropping points.
Fair point. I can’t remember him starting too many games this season so perhaps my feelings on him are still based on the trauma of watching him flying into rash challenges last season.

I can vaguely recall him having a couple of decent games but also remember him having a couple of shockers when linking with Sissoko (prior to Sissoko’s upturn in form) and also being caught out of position a lot.

I think if he was a good option Poch would be using him more.

"It’s a great ball but we have been training on this we knew that was the weakness of Spurs they got high and we need to attack in the opp side ad that’s what we tried in training,"

I said before the game they'd bypass their midfield and go long, because thats all they've got.
Crap team, and even with the goal should have been a 4-1 win

Back
Top Bottom