Kieran Trippier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Agree on KWP but not sure what you mean regarding Poch

Regarding Poch I meant that if you look at performance trippier should be behind KWP so my trust and faith in Poch says to me there is more to it. Maybe a maturity issue, maybe Trippier is a big voice on the pitch and Poch likes that. Not sure but I do trust our manager 100%

Well, Walker started 31 of 38 games and we were 2nd in the league from January onwards. So mostly Walker then. Want to know how many games Kieran Trippier started from January onwards (when we were ALREADY 2nd)?? A whopping 5.

Oh no. We finished 6th with Walker when managed by Tim Sherwood. Damn him.

Never finished higher than 4th with Modric or Bale. Glad we got rid of them.

Hold on...so finishing 2nd with Walker is evidence he is better (even though Trippier played nearly 20% of the games that season). But finishing 5th and 6th with Walker means fuck all?

We finished one place below, last year, but had a far better CL campaign with Trippier playing, but I guess it was all in spite of him, wiping the floor with Madrid and winning the group.

Tripp’s is one of those players who is half & half. He is great going forward and delivers a peach of a cross more often than not, but that comes at the expense of defensive ability.
If we played in the old fashioned sense were a fullback defends first and foremost then Trippier wouldn’t be anywhere near this team, but as it stands we don’t, we encourage our fullbacks to push, relaying on the centrehalfs pace and holding midfielders ability to read the game to compensate for the fullback getting exposed now and again.
The fact we have so much inconsistency in our Centre back pairings this season due to injury doesn’t help, and Diers injury has impacted this even further. So Tripp’s, along with Davies, Rose and the others have looked a lot worse at times than they actually are...it’s a team game after all.
There is always a trade-off when you push a fullback high but a brilliant FB, with pace and athleticism, will get back, not usually to cover his own position, but get back to cover the position of either the CB or DM/CM that's been pulled out to cover the space left behind. Tripps absolutely doesn't do this, it's why there are holes in our defence and are readily exploited and one of the main reasons (not sole reason) why were are conceding more shots on our goal than before. All our other FB's cover and are able to contribute. His crossing really isn't very good, it's a narrative with no substance to back it up, a bit like Eriksen's ability to score from a free kick.

Combine this with the fact when he is back in a defensive position any way he's just a poor defender both with and without the ball. With the ball, he can't play out from a press, not exactly the right personnel for a team that errr, plays out from the back. Without the ball he's all over the shop.

Hold on...so finishing 2nd with Walker is evidence he is better (even though Trippier played nearly 20% of the games that season). But finishing 5th and 6th with Walker means fuck all?

We finished one place below, last year, but had a far better CL campaign with Trippier playing, but I guess it was all in spite of him, wiping the floor with Madrid and winning the group.

I never said finishing 5th and 6th with Walker means fuck all. So stop putting words in my mouth, ta.

Walker.
6th. 5th. 3rd. 2nd.

progression
/prəˈɡrɛʃ(ə)n/
noun
  1. 1.
    the process of developing or moving gradually towards a more advanced state.

We had a better Champions League campaign? Well that's good. I wonder if its because Aurier played double the amount of games Trippier did?

Trippiers defensive errors are starting to outweigh his attacking contribution. Problem is Aurier’s been pretty shit in both departments and I’m yet to be fully convinced by KWP.

I’d be happy to see KWP given a few starts.

I never said finishing 5th and 6th with Walker means fuck all. So stop putting words in my mouth, ta.

Walker.
6th. 5th. 3rd. 2nd.

progression
/prəˈɡrɛʃ(ə)n/
noun
  1. 1.
    the process of developing or moving gradually towards a more advanced state.

We had a better Champions League campaign? Well that's good. I wonder if its because Aurier played double the amount of games Trippier did?

But you want Aurier fucked off too. It doesnt bother me if Aurier plays....Im all for the squad.

I do find this very surprising from a bloke who thinks Sissoko does cut it. I mean Trippier creates a shit load more than Sissoko does offensively (3 assists, 1 goal, 1.6 key passes a game - our second highest in our team to Eriksen). It's not like Sissoko never makes a mistake is it?

You’re saying Sissoko doesn’t cut it???
Lmfao

He does make the odd error but contributes far more than Trippier who takes the odd free kick ok but Eriksen still takes the majority

Cue a load of boring statistics incoming

But you want Aurier fucked off too. It doesnt bother me if Aurier plays....Im all for the squad.

I don't mind Aurier at all.

But I think we need full backs on both sides and considering I see a lot more upside than KWP, it'd probably best if we sold Trippier and Aurier, brought in a new right back with the money and used KWP as back up or competition with a new full back.

This is Kyle Walker in a nutshell....will always be braindead
He'd be playing for Hull if he wasnt fast

You're right. It is. And when we sold him, we couldn't even upgrade on an error prone quick full back. So more fool us.

Trippiers defensive errors are starting to outweigh his attacking contribution. Problem is Aurier’s been pretty shit in both departments and I’m yet to be fully convinced by KWP.

I’d be happy to see KWP given a few starts.
This season what game has Aurier played shit in?

I think he's had a couple of mixed games, made some stray passes, got beaten by the oppo but then in the same game made some great tackles, read the game well and contributed in attack. Can't think of a calamity that has lead to the oppo scoring and us dropping points.

This is Kyle Walker in a nutshell....will always be braindead
He'd be playing for Hull if he wasnt fast

One of the worst examples I've seen Sammy, this was all on Bentaleb giving the ball away whilst we were building an attack. Walker sprinted back from miles out (if memory serves he was in their half!!) had no right to even make that ground up but did, fucking unlucky.

You’re saying Sissoko doesn’t cut it???
Lmfao

He does make the odd error but contributes far more than Trippier who takes the odd free kick ok but Eriksen still takes the majority

Cue a load of boring statistics incoming

Sissoko doesn’t see more of the ball than Trippier, he doesn’t play more incisive passes than trippier, he doesn’t create more chances than trippier, he doesn’t assist more than Trippier, he doesn’t tackle more than Trippier, he doesn’t intercept more than Trippier.

Yes. I’m saying Sissoko definitely does not cut it. He’s the worst player I’ve seenin a Spurs shirt for a very long time. He’s defunct. A dead parrot.

One of the worst examples I've seen Sammy, this was all on Bentaleb giving the ball away whilst we were building an attack. Walker sprinted back from miles out (if memory serves he was in their half!!) had no right to even make that ground up but did, fucking unlucky.

Walker is a brain dead speed merchant mate, he's learned nothing at City

Tone fair, sammyspurs sammyspurs could have just posted Walker’s highlights from City’s Palace game that got him dropped for their last three games (inc their game against Liverpool).

Back
Top Bottom