Tottenham Hotspur v. Manchester United (Wembley)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just watched the recording

Absolutely gutted

Mike Dean is an absolute cunt

Pogpa should have had a straight red for that deliberate attempt to injure Dele
Horror tackle and I totally agree with Souness in that he knew what he was doing right under Dean’s nose

We deserved at least a draw and played well 2nd half
De Gea had the game of his life

Yanited were a disgrace wasting time from 1st half onwards

Very concerned about injuries to Sissoko and Harry

Trippier is not good enough for this team

Had an absolute nightmare and totally responsible for their goal
WTF was he thinking about passing blind then?
Gave the ball away too many times and often not in position
Get rid asap

Winks played well but clearly cannot shoot

Mike Dean is a cunt

Good night

When the whole Mike Dean is a spurs fan thing came up I knew it would come back to haunt us - pretty unprofessional of him to 'compensate'.

Think this sorts out the Red Card pretty clearly ...

Keith Hackett | Pogba's yellow card saves him from just deserts

Mike Dean went into this match with a reputation for being card happy, having issued nine red cards and 64 yellows in 16 previous matches. This time, he was too cautious. The tally should be 10 red cards following the shocking challenge by Manchester United midfielder Paul Pogba on his Tottenham counterpart, Dele Alli.

Pogba’s studs went into the back of Alli’s knee. It was clearly a reckless challenge. The laws demand a red card if a challenge endangers the safety of an opponent. Pogba’s certainly falls into this category, and for Sky pundit Jamie Redknapp to argue that the contact was accidental is stretching credulity.

Dean had a clear view of the incident and has made a mistake by showing only a yellow card. That means that no further action can be taken against the United player.

This is the stupidity of the current system. If football wants to protect employees, it has to have a mechanism whereby the card or punishment can be upgraded. Yet again, we are left bemoaning the absence of the Video Assistant Referee in this circumstance. Its introduction in the Premier League cannot come soon enough.

Vinny = GAME OVER.

Cold as ice.... Not often you see such a conclusive statement on a player.
What did he do to deserve it exactly? Is he being lazy on training?
Cause it looked like he is a nice lad. And this treatment by Poch is not normal.
Maybe he dissent him for going on loan rather than fight for his place.

I think Llorente has looked very fit and useful everytime he gets on for us this season.
Which is why i dont want us to lose him this January.

Well if Harry is out it's simply a no goer that we lose Llorente. With Sonny missing games now, Kane realistically missing for at least a month if damage has been done and Janssen clearly never playing in our shirt again Fernando has become a hugely important part of our team.

I fully expect to see him play a fair amount and for our style to change slightly to accommodate the changes

Back
Top Bottom