Tottenham Hotspur v. Manchester United (Wembley)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yea we should sell them all and replace them with academy players , that way all players will be crap.

Kane is an academy player and Dele was third division..
Why would the academy be crap?

People blaming Tripper for losing the ball 80 yards from his goal.....but not Dele for not being able to do what Rashford could from 6 yards out

We had 8 more shots than Man Utd.

In the week Chelsea had 60% possession against us and had 11 more shots than us.

They happen for us, they happen against us.

Our finishing tonight was abysmal.
Agreed, it's just worrying that not one of those went in.
It felt like we could have 30,40 50 even attempts and not on would go in.

Agreed, it's just worrying that not one of those went in.
It felt like we could have 30,40 50 even attempts and not on would go in.

It happens.

We scored about 403 goals over the Christmas period.

It would have helped if we didn't shoot straight at the keeper though. I'm more embarrassed that we couldn't breach a defence consisting of Phil Jones more often.

Should have had about 6 goals in all honesty - can't fucking wait to hear from the media about how great United are and how amazing De Gea is and how Poch failed his audition and how we bottled our title chances yada yada yada. Going to make me sick as I am now all week.

It happens.

We scored about 403 goals over the Christmas period.

It would have helped if we didn't shoot straight at the keeper though. I'm more embarrassed that we couldn't breach a defence consisting of Phil Jones more often.
To be fair I think it was a little more than Phil jones at that point.
There was no doubt that United had parked the bus at that point. There must of been about 9 in the back.

Sorry, but today just amplified a problem that has haunted us for far too long.

We lack sharpness and aren't clinical in big moments.

We should've been running riot today. 5 or 6 goals.

I do honestly think if that game is at the new stadium the team find that extra 10% from the crowd to get us through. Hugely frustrating but off days happen in football, that's why it's such a glorious sport

It happened on the last play, and at first I thought it was his knee, but then looked like a groin injury when he was walking off.
It was right in front of us, at least one of their hackers in defence took his shin out instead of the ball, so
Thats bull. Was behind his goal in the 2nd half and he pulled off a couple of amazing saves that other keepers wouldn’t have the reaction speed to get to.
I'll echo that - two at-ppst saves were astonishing in that second half

United packed their lines like they were Stoke, and their game plan was built on their speedster picking up scraps and attacking - the amount of times our chances vanished as they had 3 or 4 crowding us was equal with the emount of times our lot made the wrong pass, or the wrong weight, or a mishit shot toward de Gea

Today we looked tired - to echo the above, our squad isn't deep enough, relying on the same 14 or 15 to play 10 matches in 40 days (won't count Tranmere).

Even the midweek off (or Burton instead of Chavs) and we are fresher in our play and thinking

Expect them to jet off for a few days warm weather tomorrow to try and reset before Fulham

Macch raised a good point actually.

Why in these big games do we seem to fail in taking our chances?

Whilst we DID beat Chelsea 3-1 thanks to some horrific goalkeeping and defending, we should have scored about 7 goals that night with Kane missing a sitter from 5 yards out.

Against Woolwich in the NLD last season at Wembley we could have won 8 or 9-0 but we only ended up winning 1-0 and in fact Woolwich could have equalised right at the death.

Strange.

Back
Top Bottom