Tottenham Hotspur v. Manchester United (Wembley)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

How did we lose that match? Cannot blame the goal conceded because we should have scored 2/3 goals to win it. Just when we get 1 player back from injury we lose more. Injuries are killing us this season as it robs us of the option to rest players and leaves us with a weak bench.
If there is any chance of bringing in 1 of our transfer targets we must do it. Losing Kane and Son is a massive blow and if Sissoko is out before Dier is back that will leave us very short.

There's a lot in between breaking our transfer record several times in a window and signing shite.

If you're suggesting we can't have a go with intelligent well thought out gambles then you're a moron.

Sadio Mane (not that we need a WF now just an example) was within reach. Certainly not £70m or silly wages. There are and were deals like that to be done stop acting as if the market has nothing for us within reach ffs.

There you go with what is now persistent name-calling... Have you not noticed that I'm being civil and open to conversation with you?

Fake news.

You already stated you wanted "a few key players of Kane/Eriksen level" not cloggers, prospects or squad 'padding'. I'm asking you questions based on that. Attempting to side-track with whining about old transfers that might have been (even though inflation suggests that Mane would be in the equivalent price-bracket today) achieves nothing...

How did we lose that match? Cannot blame the goal conceded because we should have scored 2/3 goals to win it. Just when we get 1 player back from injury we lose more. Injuries are killing us this season as it robs us of the option to rest players and leaves us with a weak bench.
If there is any chance of bringing in 1 of our transfer targets we must do it. Losing Kane and Son is a massive blow and if Sissoko is out before Dier is back that will leave us very short.

Not really, it may give a youngster a chance to grow into a genuine first team contender.

However I'm not as sure Poch is as "youth friendly" as he's made out to be.

I wonder if anyone’s crunched the data on the relative number of worldies pulled by opposition keepers. Surely we’re near top of the table for that :pochfacepalm:

A result that hits the gut, though can’t fault the effort. Been watching this club long enough to know there’s always a disappointment around the corner. On to the next match, and I hope the injuries aren’t too severe. Otherwise, in Poch, Llorente and Skipp we trust :levyeyes:

Big games are always fine margins and results always dictate the tone of discussion.

We have lost 6 games out of 22. That's quite a lot and I think the most of the top 6.

I see that as telling because for all our attacking.prowess it says something about our mentality and ability

Of course some will throw stats and performance at you but sorry too easy. We have a squad that does not have the depth needed and players that are overplayed.

In essence if we are good enough then fine but when we aren't the means to change it is not as fulsome as it needs to be.

We are going to soon find out the folly of not adding players to our squad and those who are clever and argue for Levy's and Pochettino's model will realise that it only works if you are extremely lucky.

Today that luck may have run out. The sheer notion we can find nobody to improve a squad that wins nothing is beyond comprehension.

Last edited:
I don't want to piss away the years we have with the best striker in the world, one of the best playmakers in the world, one of the best managers in the world, 2 of the best centre backs in the world, one of the best u22 players in the world etc.

That shit doesn't come around often. Much of it once in a lifetime. I understand we are ahead of schedule but now we need to adjust.

Ok, but if the cash isn't there.... Then what? Where does that (vastly conservative) £250m net spend (+ wages) YOU asked for in this very thread come from?

When I saw Mike Dean I felt the worst - he hates Spurs as he is anti-semetic. He allowed many bad tackles on Harry Kane and Son much to the amazement of the crowd, and failed to protect Dele Alli from a "red card shocker" by Pogba, I haven't seen a worse foul this season and was barely punished by Dean.

Kane was fouled at the end of the match and Sky wondered why he was down "was it exhaustion?" they said.

Why aren't the FA being investigated for corruption and anti-semetism???

You’re as mad as a badger.

Last edited:
I don't want to piss away the years we have with the best striker in the world, one of the best playmakers in the world, one of the best managers in the world, 2 of the best centre backs in the world, one of the best u22 players in the world etc.

That shit doesn't come around often. Much of it once in a lifetime. I understand we are ahead of schedule but now we need to adjust.

The problem is that all that IF it had come together at the same time would have seen us win the EPL, no worries. For some reason it didn't. Now, we have the best striker in the World, best playmaker in the World, but the two centre halves one would struggle to make top ten, one i having a poor season and his future has to be pondered.

Time moves on, and teams need to move on with it. Sadly certain players in our team aren't at their best this season, but are bulletproof because of what they have done previously.

Only just got back but regardless of the performance/result, reading through the last dozen pages its staggering how many of our own fans, OUR OWN FANS, would rather see us struggle along, sign nobody and just hope for the best.

They seem to get off on every opportunity they get to label those of us who want to see serious investment in the team as retards and melts.

Why is it unreasonable to expect the 10th richest club in the fucking world to be able to identify and pay for players that can improve and enhance our squad.
A club that can pull in over 80,000 fans, paying top dollar, for a league game at a ground that ain't even their own.

These fans will do anything to try and justify a whole summer of zero investment and possibly a January to follow yet have the fucking cuntflaps to label those of us who want to see investment as melts.

Cunts.

NINTCHDBPICT000461521139.jpg

Just watched Match of the Day. Jenas said it was a tough day because there were lots of Utd fans working there...no shit.
The match commentary on this tackle was only ‘it doesn’t look any better in slow motion’. And not a word was said about it by the pundits in the studio.

Only just got back but regardless of the performance/result, reading through the last dozen pages its staggering how many of our own fans, OUR OWN FANS, would rather see us struggle along, sign nobody and just hope for the best.

They seem to get off on every opportunity they get to label those of us who want to see serious investment in the team as retards and melts.

Why is it unreasonable to expect the 10th richest club in the fucking world to be able to identify and pay for players that can improve and enhance our squad.
A club that can pull in over 80,000 fans, paying top dollar, for a league game at a ground that ain't even their own.

These fans will do anything to try and justify a whole summer of zero investment and possibly a January to follow yet have the fucking cuntflaps to label those of us who want to see investment as melts.

Cunts.

John mate - stop repeating yourself. It’s fucking boring. We smashed them today. We didn’t lose the game because of a lack of investment. Time and a place mate.

Cunts.
Are we the 10th richest? Some are suggesting theres no cash...even after not spending a penny in the summer.

Cunts.

Aside from the insults (I get it but not my style) I 100% agree.

I am going to honestly try however to say nothing more.

Got into a right slanging match today with a couple of fans who thought we were just unlucky.

I see it as not being good enough. If down to luck why bother.

Honestly we should have won on chances created but lost. It's not luck.

But improve the squad and team? Nope it's fine they say.

6 games lost out of 22. Most in the top 6 but hope we are fine.

WEIRD.

Cunts.
Just you wait unti we sign super Jacky Grealish on a loan with an option to buy.
City will be quaking in their boots.

:levywhoa:

If our normally prolific forwards hadn’t shat the bed in front of goal today this ‘signings’ bollocks wouldn’t be happening. Maybe at another time, but not now. Some people don’t know when to leave off.

Back
Top Bottom