Tottenham Hotspur v. Manchester United (Wembley)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hopefully the players can stop banging on about winning the league now.

That's a gross overstatement... You'd prefer they didn't 'have the confidence to stand in front of the world as say they 'believe'? ....And considering the shit end of the stick we get in the media, Rose-gate aside, I think the boys do tremendously well.

Mate, I know today hurts, but don't go full retard... There's enough round here as it is.

That's a gross overstatement... You'd prefer they didn't 'have the confidence to stand in front of the world as say they 'believe'? ....And considering the shit end of the stick we get in the media, Rose-gate aside, I think the boys do tremendously well.

Mate, I know today hurts, but don't go full retard... There's enough round here as it is.

I'd much prefer they got on with the job at hand and not say they believe we can win the league when 9 points behind and then go on to lose a second consecutive home game.

Saying that, the guy who recently come out and said we can win the league was our best player on the pitch today, so maybe he does believe and those around him don't. Who knows?

Not that I pay attention but have any Liverpool players come out this season and said "We can win the league" ? Besides Lovren who's a fucking moron?

Davies is not the player to suit playing Son on the left. Davies didn’t overlap once with Son. Rose would have done. Effectively we were playing with ten men first half. Such a waste.

The real shame about this match was the amount of people there and the fact it was an interesting game that we once again came out on the wrong end of.

Have to say it, some of our strikers looked astonished when De Gea saved but to be blatantly honest a lot of the shots were close to him. It tells me in training they are used to them going past Lloris.

One mistake, one pass on a quick counter, shot in the bottom corner. Sometimes that’s all it takes.

Now, if we’d been poor I’d be furious, but we pressed all game and really deserved a point at minimum. Poor finishing, yes, but on another day that same performance is 3-1. I don’t think today is indicitave of anything, but narratives must be created it seems.

To me, the same positives and negatives for this squad exist now as they did prior to kickoff. Still a top 3 squad and nothing today changed my mind on that. Title was always a reach but it’s been that way since day 1. Need some reinforcement in the midfield primarily, but I don’t think that will be coming until the summer.

On we go...first full week of rest since the international break, if that even counts. Bring on Fulham.

Just checked the most saves in a single game record in the Premier League.

Joint 1st - Tim Krul - Newcastle vs. Tottenham - 14
Joint 2nd - Lukasz Fabianski - Swansea vs. Tottenham - 13
Joint 2nd - David James - Man City vs. Tottenham - 13

We are the only team that features twice, let alone three times.

de Gea's 11 doesn't make it, but it's a sad sight.

I've never said that.

But I think if we told him that we'd strengthen the quality of the side with a few key signings

And which players would these be ?
Should we pay over the odds for 2nd rate players ?
Foreign players when we have problems with our CL squad registration
Should we buy young players with "promise" or established stars ?
If the former it is always a risk that they won't come good.
If the latter would they come to us with our wage policy (see Woolwich problems)

Or should we believe Poch when he says we are only going to sign players that WILL improve the team rather than buying for the sake of it ?

Or Harry when he says that not buying players is a big compliment for the squad as it shows Poch trusts them.

I know whose judgement I would trust.

Probably...no definitely the only time this year we didnt deserve to lose

I think it's harsh to say we deserved to lose against City. Liverpool edged us on play, but we we're unlucky not to get a point with the late peno (non-)call.

I honestly think Wolves/Watford deserved their points the most.

I'd much prefer they got on with the job at hand and not say they believe we can win the league when 9 points behind and then go on to lose a second consecutive home game.

Saying that, the guy who recently come out and said we can win the league was our best player on the pitch today, so maybe he does believe and those around him don't. Who knows?

Not that I pay attention but have any Liverpool players come out this season and said "We can win the league" ? Besides Lovren who's a fucking moron?

Always seem to drop points straight after a player talks big to the media.

And which players would these be ?
Should we pay over the odds for 2nd rate players ?
Foreign players when we have problems with our CL squad registration
Should we buy young players with "promise" or established stars ?
If the former it is always a risk that they won't come good.
If the latter would they come to us with our wage policy (see Woolwich problems)

Or should we believe Poch when he says we are only going to sign players that WILL improve the team rather than buying for the sake of it ?

Or Harry when he says that not buying players is a big compliment for the squad as it shows Poch trusts them.

I know whose judgement I would trust.
Asking me we should sign is daft. We're not special unique snowflakes with problems no other team has. We have scouts and recruitment teams for a reason.
We can try sign both. No need to abandon our policy completely. Our wage structure has to change then (like we did for Kane).

Let's not play the quote game. Poch has clearly stated we can't be compared to other big teams because of resources and that we can't keep operating like this.

Kane is not going to say his teammates aren't as good as him is he? Maybe Rose would lol.

Sissoko’s injury tells me we should not be entertaining bids from China for Dembele. Discuss.

Bad idea IMO, but I sense Moussa may be driving this and that the club are just showing him grace (given his length of service) by not standing in his way.

I suspect today changes nothing.

Asking me we should sign is daft. We're not special unique snowflakes with problems no other team has. We have scouts and recruitment teams for a reason.
We can try sign both. No need to abandon our policy completely. Our wage structure has to change then (like we did for Kane).

Let's not play the quote game. Poch has clearly stated we can't be compared to other big teams because of resources and that we can't keep operating like this.

Kane is not going to say his teammates aren't as good as him is he? Maybe Rose would lol.
So no ideas on who we should sign, just sign SOMEONE.
You are right on scouting and recruitment teams though.
As they haven't identified any one good enough, in their and Poch's opinion, we haven't signed them.
What's so hard to understand.

Back
Top Bottom