Tottenham Hotspur v. Manchester United (Wembley)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Weve got a slight problem now with losing sissoko. As soon as he went of i knew we would lose some muscle in the midfield.

Come on lads pick it up second half!

Coys!!!

It's almost as if Sissoko has played lots of games and we lack depth. Sounds strange but maybe in some weird totally bizarre way fatigue accumulates and just cos we got away with it so far it doesn't mean it's sustainable particularly as the season progresses.

So confusing

Had we brought on Dave for Sissoko and gone 3 at the back with Trips as a wingback I'd say that made sense... But we didn't.

It was the logical choice.

Foyth or Sanchez on for Sissoko and go 3 at the back or Rose on for Sissoko and put Davies at centre half and go 3 at the back.

Not only would that have seen us more solid defensively with 3 centre backs in there but you push our wing backs up to give them something to think about offensively and you rely less on Trippier defensively.

Only 1-0 down so very much still in this. But we need to be sharper and smarter. We had a period right up until Moose went down where we had momentum so we need to find that again

Bad position to be in now. Needing to chase the game favours utd counter attacking even more. Plus we barely have a central midfield.

Really disappointing - we seem to constantly come up short in the games when we have something big to gain, hope we can turn it around 2nd half

Been very open and messy at the back all match, add in the stray passing against this kind of opposition and there is only one outcome. Lloris getting beaten from that exact angle yet again. Don't feel at all optimistic about a comeback given the tempo and shape of our game so far, let's hope I'm wrong.

Bang average first half performance from Spurs so far.

Defensively a shambles. Again, rushing Vertonghen back after injury. Same thing happened in the NLD where he looked absolutely lost and again today he's looked poor. I've said enough over the past season about how bang average our full backs are too, we must have the worst set of full backs in the top half of the Premier League.

Winks has been our best player. In a team consisting of Eriksen, Dele, Kane and Son, why is that happening? Kane looked off it. Son's first touch is off. Dele is trying his tricks and flicks and Eriksen hasn't quite found his range as of yet.

15 minutes to sort it out Poch.

We either lose this and get dragged in to a top four fight, which we do not want or we turn this game around and we prove to everyone that we belong. A draw isn't really good enough either.

Then again, not really shocked too much. I said before the game I was worried and that first half hasn't done anything to change my mind.

ZERO shots on target. At home. To Man Utd. Rubbish.
Oh shut up you absolute twat

Champion of not spending when it suits you

We deserve to be losing.

They have been brighter.

All those fcukwits who champion our transfer model need to fcuking find reality.

Lets see if what we have and what we think we are shows up.

Strewth, United 10 points behind us making us look average.

By the looks of it Poch has played the wrong tactics again, the diamond is just shit and we don’t have the fullbacks to bomb up and down the pitch to provide width. Davies was so high up the pitch when we transitioned back to defence after that shit Trippier pass, I don’t understand why Poch didn’t subbed a CB on for Sissoko and gone 3 at the back to free the wingbacks.

First time this season we've failed to have a single shot on target in the first half of a game at home.

Being shut out by a defence consisting of Phil Jones ffs.

I see us getting a result here. Despite what Neville is saying about it apparently being such a great performance by United I definitely see some glaring flaws. They look good on the counter but if we improve our play in an attacking sense we can get something for sure (and a win at that).

I think lloris has been poor for a while now but I don't really get why people are blaming him that goal
Excellent finish

It may not be our day. However...

I fully expect Poch to address their danger on the break.
Going a goal down will be a the kick up the arse some of them need.
We will be better second half. Can see us scoring 2 cos we'll get one and then Man Utd will fall to pieces.

Believe!

COYS!

Back
Top Bottom