Toby Alderweireld

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If he is sold before we manage to get Jan back that's one major leap of faith considering Foyth/Dav have never started together as a duo.
michael_jackson_laughing_by_mrsnikkijackson.gif

That would be insane

he wants to go back to live in Amsterdam, has said so on numerous occasions

And concerning the money discussion in the dutch league that you had with Spursidol Spursidol , ajax still pays quite decent wages and they could get to 750 - 1 million euros a year, which still is pretty good money (not by PL standards)
There is no way his next club will be in Holland let alone Amsterdam, none at all. He's talking about going there for a swansong before he hangs his boots up.

michael_jackson_laughing_by_mrsnikkijackson.gif

That would be insane

Indeed.... Something just doesnt add up about this 'extention' business and the reported activation of said clause tho.

All we've seemingly done is make it easier for him to leave; he's not here for any longer than what was reported when he first signed.

Given funds being tight, maybe in the short term that 25m is thought to mean more to our progression and summer transfer plans than Toby is?

Maybe we're just dead keen on that RB of theirs?

Evidently, as far as fan comfort and contracts go; 2 years remaining is without a doubt the new 'final year = panic" when hoping to keep hold of players. Meaning on a 4 year deal you're typically looking to renew in the first half of the original deal.

Crazy when you consider players won't typically hit the ground running....

There is no way his next club will be in Holland let alone Amsterdam, none at all. He's talking about going there for a swansong before he hangs his boots up.
I was referring to a discussion above my posts that involved Jan, Toby isn't going back yet.
It's jan who said he ll go back and live in amsterdam

Happy to stay so he can go on a free in 2020.

If he’s happy with us but knows running down his contract will eventually mean that money ends in his own pocket that's his choice.

So many fans get upset when players sign contracts and then leave that his actions can almost be seen as the most honourable thing to do.

If he does do this of course.

I haven't warmed to Toby this year due to his contract issues and that his performances weren't that great. But he has turned things around and has really stepped up in Jan's absence. So I do hope that he does stay to the end of next season. This will give us the time to get Davy and Juan up to Jan/Toby level, which I think is highly achievable.

I haven't warmed to Toby this year due to his contract issues and that his performances weren't that great. But he has turned things around and has really stepped up in Jan's absence. So I do hope that he does stay to the end of next season. This will give us the time to get Davy and Juan up to Jan/Toby level, which I think is highly achievable.

Imagine if he & Christian stay next season and we actually say to hell with it and go and sign a top drawer CM Mrs P.

To be a fly on the wall in the boardroom when Levy is with his & Christians agents hey?

Toby has definitely not let his performances nor his attitude drop during this whole contract thing, he’s playing like the gladiator we all know he is right now.
Many a lesser man would have caused lots of fucking problems by now.
I just hope if he does go, weather it’s this summer or next we do it with a degree of professionalism and not drag this thing through the back pages of the scumbag rag newspapers for months.
Let Toby pass on if that is his wish and announce I nice little top class signing straight away to bury the news story as quickly as possible.

I was joking

I think VvD is an absolute clogger, with the finess of a giraffe.
He gets in the way of stuff well and has a great sense of positioning, but fuck all else.

It’s Naybet with a Jheri curl.

Toby is a footballer just like Jan, Sanchez and Foyth.
Nah, be fair. Van Dijk has almost single handily taken them to a different level. Gone are the days when the bastards could be 2 or 3 nil up and still conspire to lose the game, and that's 90% down to him. They've only conceded 10 goals in the league all season ffs.

Nah, be fair. Van Dijk has almost single handily taken them to a different level. Gone are the days when the bastards could be 2 or 3 nil up and still conspire to lose the game, and that's 90% down to him. They've only conceded 10 goals in the league all season ffs.

Funny because people keep saying they’ve got a world class central midfield and keeper ....might have helped too

Back
Top Bottom