Toby Alderweireld

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I was joking

I think VvD is an absolute clogger, with the finess of a giraffe.
He gets in the way of stuff well and has a great sense of positioning, but fuck all else.

It’s Naybet with a Jheri curl.

Toby is a footballer just like Jan, Sanchez and Foyth.

Fair enough but he bullied the life out of Lukaku

Funny because people keep saying they’ve got a world class central midfield and keeper ....might have helped too

Also funny:

Then...
Karrius
Clyne(TAA) / Matip / Lovren / Moreno

vs.

Now...
Alison
TAA / Gomez / VVD / Robertson

...Yup, ALL thanks to Virgil. :pochrolleyes:

49633407_116039239467848_5880909803855545662_n.jpg

No because corners are shite. Forget corners ALL teams hardly ever score from them.
You've mentioned this many times, and you're right the rate of goals per corner is low. But they're a big part of the game. They exist. The best crosser of the ball might as well take them. What should a team actually do about corners in your opinion, just pass it back into play?

You've mentioned this many times, and you're right the rate of goals per corner is low. But they're a big part of the game. They exist. The best crosser of the ball might as well take them. What should a team actually do about corners in your opinion, just pass it back into play?
It really doesn't matter does it, that's the point.

The last time the "best corner taker" took a corner the manager got absolutely lambasted for it, it was Kane at the Euro's. I don't want to get drawn back into this again but the entire team (not just the management) thought that he was the best striker of the ball, the best corner taker and seeing as he had only ever scored once from a corner (and this wasn't even the first phase of one, from memory it was 2nd or even 3rd phase after the corner) then it made absolute sense for him to take them and aim for the players that had far more success than him at scoring, namely Cahill, Dier, Smalling, Jones all significant better scorers from corners than Kane. Remind me how that turned out, think it went down well in the media?).

I suspect if we play every single corner short and pass back to Hugo there would be much ridicule because only in this country is there such an expectation around them, we cheer them, we "win" them. Even if we scored 2 mins later from the corner after keeping possession and had +100 passes to get it in the net it wouldn't get attributed to the short corner.

It doesn't matter, just kick the fucking ball and stop obsessing about them not hitting the first man or whatever.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom