Tottenham Hotspur v. Wolverhampton Wanderers: 3pm, Saturday 29th December

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Very odd performance today - especially after scoring 11 goals in the last 2 games.

Complete opposite from those games today - surely a combination of physical and mental fatigue...feel we will smash Cardiff on tuesday

Traore is toilet and he pulled his groin.
It wasn’t a master plan.
I urge you to check their last few games he has started and see the substitution pattern. So it is a plan.

And I stated he has no end product but he still made us look stupid on more than 1 occasion. So saying he is 'toilet' adds nothing but to reiterate my point.

So what was the point of your post? Just to publicly show your ignorance?

Poch deserves just as much blame.

He can't just pull out Skipps name, say how he plays mature and is ready to step in when players need a rest and then simply not start him (or even bring him on today when it was clear we needed fresh numbers in midfield).

That Lucas sub for Dele is one of the worst I've seen him make. Oddly, most in here wanted it.
Spot on, that was a horrendous horrendous sub, why did he think we would suddenly gain control of the midfield again by putting on Lucas

Not sure how anyone watches that performance and singles Winks out for criticism over Sissoko, who offered absolutely nothing for 95 minutes.

What was his role today? Who fucking knows? Does he?

Winks role was just to mind the middle and keep us ticking (which he did seeing a shitload of the ball - more than anyone else), both Eriksen and Sissoko where supposed to be the 8’s linking the attack, both were worse than Winks at their remits, but at least Eriksen saw a shitload more of the ball and tried. Sissoko did fuck all.
Winks takes the ball, makes a poor pass to someone in an awkward position, they pass ball back to him , this repeats over and over again. Any idiot would get tons of passes that way. But today he was worse than rubbish.

Look I don’t think anyone on this forum in clear mind would have thought we are up for the title this year. We have had a great run of games with good results but today it’s clear we are running on empty.

For the depth of this squad where we are is as good if not better than what we can hope for.

Next season if we are looking for a title shot we should be looking at 4 top quality signings at least including 2 top class CM’s, if we are looking for only top 4 we are good enough.

This jan and next summer we will see the clubs ambition by its ambition in the market. We shouldn’t be killings Winks and Sissoko simply because they are gassed and we have no proven alternatives, that’s not their fault.

No, you're taking his point-scoring and painting it as delight (which I highly doubt is the case).

I'm saying that you were trying to point-score throughout this entire match thread.

It’s nice that you think point scoring in spurs favour is the same as someone taking delight in the fact we lost.

I’m really happy that after today you feel the need to play internet referee

But now you can kindly fuck off out of my face

It goes all the way to the top though Levy is perfectly happy for a 4th/3rd place finish as long as we keep qualfying for the champions league and keep the money coming in all is fine.

We could go the next 10 years without winning anything and the next and all would be fine if we keep the money coming in.

Listen I’m a ENIC supporter but I have said numerous times that it has bencome all too comfortable. It’s all about top 4 - there is no pressure or expectation for anything else. We just occupy the position that Woolwich had.

I urge you to check their last few games he has started and see the substitution pattern. So it is a plan.

And I stated he has no end product but he still made us look stupid on more than 1 occasion. So saying he is 'toilet' adds nothing but to reiterate my point.

So what was the point of your post? Just to publicly show your ignorance?

No my point was that he was taken off with an injury

We just didn't have the legs today. Our run of games with 2 days apart had caught us up (not over yet). Can't fault Poch with the line up especially if you look at our bench today. We were running on empty in the 2nd half and with no option to change the game from the bench all we could do was hope our players could get the job done.

Just gutted really, can't say anymore.

People who are talking about mentality or bottle or spursy or some other bullshit are absolute idiots. This isn't down to some intangible narrative nonsense. We looked slow and tired from the start, which is absolutely to be expected given the fixture congestion. We have been operating at our absolute peak capacity, and riding our luck to some extent too, it was always going to end up like this. I came into this match only hoping for the best but expecting the worst, because I knew that our chances of maintaining this run were getting slimmer by the match. We are not at all ready to win the title. If we can even secure another top 3 finish, it would be a huge accomplishment given the circumstances around this season. We MUST sign players in January, it doesn't matter if they wont immediately improve our starting 11; we need options, we need to be able to rotate more, we need competition for places.

It's sad as fuck, but not at all unexpected. We just have to go back under the radar where we thrive, recover from this setback as we always do, stop anymore fucking talk of titles or anything like that, and remember that we can't take anything for granted. We have to always fear the worst and fight for everything. That is our position amongst the elite, we are barely holding our own up there with the big boys and it's never easy.

It’s funny because no one picked up on it for 70 minutes.
Now everyone is going to pretend they battered us from the first whistle.

Wolves were shit, and we decided to bring Spursy back.

No. Wolves were all over us from the 2nd half whistle. A decent first half performance and wolves were always in it. However 2nd half WE were total shit. Not wolves. Cannot believe how bad we were. Just zero effort. How the fuck

Just poor all round, from management to players.

Trippier clearly suffered from the head injury he got. From that minute on, his passing was off. Should have been subbed off for KWP straight away. Horrible for the 3rd goal too.

Sanchez had a good game but I just can't get behind changing centre back pairing EVERY game. Davies was poor, but I can't remember the last time he had a good game at left back. As I mentioned before Bournemouth, it was silly to play Rose for the Bournemouth game when Wolves was always going to be tougher as they use their width.

Winks controlled the first half, but in the second half he looked tired and was surrounded by tired players. Eriksen back on his early season form today. Woeful. Sissoko full of energy but mirrored the rest of the team. Could be the end of Sons purple patch as he was garbage today but we'll see against Cardiff. Dele clearly rushed back too.

Lack of correct subs back to being a problem today. Lucas, absolutely garbage. Why take off a half injured central midfielder and bring on a usually wasteful winger? It left us completely open in midfield and Moutinho took full advantage of bossing the game. Get Skipp on ffs. At least he is youthful, enthusiastic, shown composure beyond his years and can actually defend?

We'll learn from it - but fuck me, losing 1-3 at home to anyone is a shocking result. Title hopes over? More than likely. Liverpool are likely to be 9 points clear of us with a goal difference which is nearly double ours which pretty much makes it 10 points we need to make up. They've dropped less than that in the first half of the season so far...

Back
Top Bottom