Everton Vs Tottenham - Sunday 23rd Dec 4pm.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm 36 years old. In my lifetime, Everton have never really been on our level. Even when we were in the dark days of the mid and late nineties, we had more ambition than they cunts have ever had. Everton is a club like Aston Villa. They are a filler club to make up fixtures. They don't bring anything important or exciting to the game of football.
If Everton went bust, it would make the news but only for a few days and then nothing would be different. An inconsequential institution.
How can someone disagree with this?!

Most of them are 5 yard side ways lay offs tho - how many were forward and longer than 10 yards? He’s a hard working player but his passing range has to become far more ambitious if he’s to become a great, imv

Winks 28/29 forward passes - 23/24 square - 12/13 backwards

Sissoko 14/17 Forward - 7/12 Square - 24/24 Backwards

Eriksen 23/33 Forward - 15/15 square - 23/23 Backwards

Winks 28/29 forward passes - 23/24 square - 12/13 backwards

Sissoko 14/17 Forward - 7/12 Square - 24/24 Backwards

Eriksen 23/33 Forward - 15/15 square - 23/23 Backwards
And how many of those forward were further than 10 yards or created a chance?

That's not what Winks is in the side to do.

He's there to recycle to ball quickly to our front 4 who do the chance creation.

Receives ball from defenders. Gives it to Eriksen or Dele or drives through himself. If they aren't available, side to side to keep the oppo midfield moving and create holes for Eriksen and Dele to drop into.

Why would he need to hit the ball further than 10 yards when that's not asked of him in the centre of midfield?

What next criticising Sissoko for not spraying the ball about like Pirlo?

That's not what Winks is in the side to do.

He's there to recycle to ball quickly to our front 4 who do the chance creation.

Receives ball from defenders. Gives it to Eriksen or Dele. If they aren't available, side to side to keep the oppo midfield moving and create holes for Eriksen and Dele to drop into.

Why would he need to hit the ball further than 10 yards when that's not asked of him in the centre of midfield?
So our CM is not required to have a good passing range? Well - now I’ve heard it all. LMFAO

And no - unless you’re in the change room when Poch talksyou don’t have a clue what his role is

I don’t rate his passing ability - simples

He created more chances than Eriksen and the same amount of chances as Dele and Sissoko.

12 of his 28 successful forward passes were 10 yards or further.

Hard to judge Winks' role in the team when we have no defensive midfielder there to actually cover him. He's not the greatest defensively, so retaining possession is important, especially when Eriksen is playing deeper alongside him and usually has the more expansive passing.

So our CM is not required to have a good passing range? Well - now I’ve heard it all. LMFAO

And no - unless you’re in the change room when Poch talksyou don’t have a clue what his role is

I don’t rate his passing ability - simples
He does have a good passing range. See below...

LMFAO

Irrespective, I said nothing of needing a good passing range. Your textbook move. What I did, is layout his tactical instructions.

We do not play a Regista, who is needed to take the ball off the defenders and spray long balls. Do you know why? Because we have Toby Alderweireld, one of the best long range passers in the world, to do it.

Why, if Toby is already spraying long balls when necessary, would Winks also be asked to do the same 20 yards in front of him? We aren't a route one football team.

The fact you think you can only understand a player's role by hearing Poch's teamtalks just proves you have the incapability of watching and assessing football. But then, you said Modric was done at the top level not long ago, so we all knew that anyway.

What you can do, is watch the way he plays and get an idea from that. As seen in the video above, and by watching him regularly, he gets the ball and drives when there is space. If one of the creative maestros are available he gives it to them. If not, he goes back or to the side to stretch the opposition.

It's quite simple if you know what to look for.

EDIT - Watch the pass at 2:46.

He does have a good passing range. See below...

LMFAO

Irrespective, I said nothing of needing a good passing range. Your textbook move. What I did, is layout his tactical instructions.

We do not play a Regista, who is needed to take the ball off the defenders and spray long balls. Do you know why? Because we have Toby Alderweireld, one of the best long range passers in the world, to do it.

Why, if Toby is already spraying long balls when necessary, would Winks also be asked to do the same 20 yards in front of him? We aren't a route one football team.

The fact you think you can only understand a player's role by hearing Poch's teamtalks just proves you have the incapability of watching and assessing football. But then, you said Modric was done at the top level not long ago, so we all knew that anyway.

What you can do, is watch the way he plays and get an idea from that. As seen in the video above, and by watching him regularly, he gets the ball and drives when there is space. If one of the creative maestros are available he gives it to them. If not, he goes back or to the side to stretch the opposition.

It's quite simple if you know what to look for.

YouTube clip of selected highlights - well that settles it then

All you’ve done is made paragraphs of excuses for his limited passing ability. Stop copy pasting twitter bullshit and at least develop your own opinions. You’ve just gone on record claiming a CM doesn’t need to have a good passing range - read that again slowly.

He’s still young and has the potential to improve which he might well do under Poch but right now those passing stats mean very little out of context. Someone compared him to Parker the other day - he was a deeper player but if he go on to surpass him with ease

YouTube clip of selected highlights - well that settles it then

All you’ve done is made paragraphs of excuses for his limited passing ability. Stop copy pasting twitter bullshit and at least develop your own opinions. You’ve just gone on record claiming a CM doesn’t need to have a good passing range - read that again slowly.

He’s still young and has the potential to improve which he might well do under Poch but right now those passing stats mean very little out of context. Someone compared him to Parker the other day - he was a deeper player but if he go on to surpass him with ease
Please provide the quote of where I said a CM doesn't need to have a good passing range.

Shouldn't be hard, there are only 4 posts in this exchange thus far.

Please provide the quote of where I said a CM doesn't need to have a good passing range.

Shouldn't be hard, there are only 4 posts in this exchange thus far.
So now he does need one?

Please decide

Unless you're now claiming he’s an amazing passer but Poch somehow intentionally suppresses that with his tactical instructions to which you seem privy as a member of the coaching staff

What is the big deal with claiming his passing range and limited but would hopefully improve with coaching anyway? Isn’t this what this forum is about - debate and discussion? Or is your twitter word the law now?

So now he does need one?

Please decide

Unless you're now claiming he’s an amazing passer but Poch somehow intentionally suppresses that with his tactical instructions to which you seem privy as a member of the coaching staff

What is the big deal with claiming his passing range and limited but would hopefully improve with coaching anyway? Isn’t this what this forum is about - debate and discussion? Or is your twitter word the law now?
Not only did I not say a CM doesn't need a passing range (Which you've claimed and now refused to quote, wimp), I actually said that Harry Winks has one. Then provided evidence of said passing range. Just because they are highlights doesn't make the passes shown not real.

So again, I ask, please quote where I said a CM doesn't need to have a good passing range.

I'm here all day. Don't bottle it.

48428219_2115386591886835_4474944043658248192_n.jpg

Not only did I not say a CM doesn't need a passing range (Which you've claimed and now refused to quote, wimp), I actually said that Harry Winks has one. Then provided evidence of said passing range. Just because they are highlights doesn't make the passes shown not real.

So again, I ask, please quote where I said a CM doesn't need to have a good passing range.

I'm here all day. Don't bottle it.
You’ve provided 0 evidence - just your own personal opinion nothing more. Pavlyuchenko looked like the second coming of Gerd Muller in his highlight reels - I know which player he was tho.

So is Poch intentionally asking him not to pass eventhough he’s Pirlo-like according to your clip? Which one is it? That would be very odd indeed

You’ve provided 0 evidence - just your own personal opinion nothing more. Pavlyuchenko looked like the second coming of Gerd Muller in his highlight reels - I know which player he was tho.

So is Poch intentionally asking him not to pass eventhough he’s Pirlo-like according to your clip? Which one is it? That would be very odd indeed
Fortunately the video posted is not for comparison to world greats. But to showcase a single attribute of a single player, Harry Winks.

Ah! So you admit, looking at that clip his passing is Pirlo-like? So you admit he does have good passing range? You're obviously impressed to call it Pirlo-like.

Why would Poch ask him not to pass? He makes more passes than most players in the League.

It's amazing how you fool yourself every time.

Doesn't rate Harry Winks' passing range...watches a clip of Harry Winks' passing...describes it as Pirlo-like.

Banter.

:dembelelol:

Any chance of that quote, you scared?

Yes - we all know this forum if your entire shitty life
ArcspacE posts: 31,819

:dembelelol:

Back
Top Bottom