We can be HEROES Barca Spurs 11/12/2018

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Strange night. We were a goal done before I got a stream working. Was convinced until the final whistle that Inter would somehow win. Therefore watching all those chances get wasted it looked like we would never score. Only partially celebrated our goal as that was only the equaliser and time was running out to get the winner. Game finished 1-1 and still could not celebrate as other match still going on. Only when final whistle went at Inter did I finally believe we were through.
Today whilst very happy we are through there is still disappointment we did not get the epic win we actually deserved.

I've been reading that inter thread and the comments. I didn't see the inter game, but reportedly after Inter equalised Spaletti didn't go for the kill as he thought the draw would be enough.

So given that I think we all owe a big thank you to the media for convincing everyone we couldn't get a result at the Nou Camp.

Great game - can't believe that I'm both elated that we got the result we needed, and slightly gutted we didn't get the result we deserved. And to think like that after playing against Barca at the Nou Camp is a sign of how far we've come.

Dele Alli: Some of the balls he played, it just looks so easy. Always looking to create something and at the end of the match filling in at left back when Rose went on a marauding run. What a player we have on our hands.

Danny Rose: Brilliant game - hope he can use that to push on and regain the form of 2-3 years ago.

Lamela: What a shithouse. Would hate him if he played for the opposition. Just get's stuck in and looking to drive forward the whole time he was on the pitch. Loved it.

All the other players, played their part too. Well done all round, now let's take that and build on it in the knock-out stages. Am hoping for either Porto or Bayern.

To any Inter fans on here, you have only yourselves to blame. We began this campaign by shooting ourselves in the foot, then we shot ourselves in the other foot, then we put our hand in a toaster. You responded by shooting yourselves in the head. Well done. Slow clap.

To any Inter fans on here, you have only yourselves to blame. We began this campaign by shooting ourselves in the foot, then we shot ourselves in the other foot, then we put our hand in a toaster. You responded by shooting yourselves in the head. Well done. Slow clap.

If we'd had the fixtures their way round we'd have sailed through

Back
Top Bottom