New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Courtesy of https://twitter.com/Vocalspurs from this morning :

Dt-aGLtW0AEe2P1.jpg

West stand cladding meets south stand cladding - so close !

Dt-bZmsW0AAqtPD.jpg

Dt-cNEcWwAAx23m.jpg

The cladding on the south east corner is a little behind the southwest, I guess the teams working on west and south west cladding will move over in a couple of days when that part is finished to resume work on the south east corner cladding

Dt-gvxGWsAAsK5B.jpg

Ticket office being spruced up for the big day. The closest half has all the brick exterior completed and windows in, the half further away from the camera still has a way to go !
Dt-fcvuWsAAUJWt.jpg

A rare view of the eastern entrance

More photos on his timeline

If it was only fancy cladding, when do you expect the first official match? Surely not in January?
Why not? The hold up was the safety systems, everything else appears either match-ready or extremely close to it. All we have to go on are educated guesses based on the fact there's the familiarisation event next Sunday, and that at least a couple of people who correctly predicted that seem to think we're targetting the United game.

Why not? The hold up was the safety systems, everything else appears either match-ready or extremely close to it. All we have to go on are educated guesses based on the fact there's the familiarisation event next Sunday, and that at least a couple of people who correctly predicted that seem to think we're targetting the United game.
Strikes me as too optimistic, but we will see, would be nice.

Can you imagine the scenes if they actually come out and tell us that the first fixture is Man Utd.

:walker-scream:
Would be fantastic though not without the safety certificates. Any announcement would be for test events first. Sorry.

Though the first match announcement surely wouldn't be long after as long as all goes well with the test events. The quicker they announce those the quicker we get in.

Once we are in i hope that we can improve on our songs repertoire which has gone a bit stale.
Some old 70's classics would be good, here's my starter for ten.......

We are the pride of North London the cock of the south
We hate the woolwich cos they are all mouth
We took the north bank and that was fuck all
The Tottenham will rise and the woolwich will fall

la la la la la la la la la la la la la la

We sang that before United......

That South stand though...

Jesus. It really takes that sort of angle (where you can imagine yourself standing there taking it in) that really hits home the size of the thing.

The new stadium is going to be our mid-season secret weapon. That south stand is going to suck the ball into the back of the net. Honestly, I'm astonished at the negative press coverage of the stadium (obviously because of the delay) when in reality the team should be praised for coping without it so far.

Back
Top Bottom