Tottenham Hotspur v Chelscum - Premier League - 24.11.18

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

How can any Spurs fan say they dont hate West Ham......all this semantics over rivalry. They are a local rival, and its a derby when we play them.
They are more of a rival than Liverpool.......teams around you are challengers. If Everton step up they dont become our rivals overnight.

Its like when gooners tried to claim Utd were more their rivals than us back in the early 2000s. Nonsense....just like Chelsea have always been rivals despite them winning doubles when we were finishing 8th.

Baffling how any Spurs can see West Ham as just another game

Mildly geographically important to us.. should just be another team in London really. Not on our level, never have been.

Mildly geographically important to us.. should just be another team in London really. Not on our level, never have been.

Thats my point though....its not about competing for CL spots. They are a local rival and the hate goes back a long way, long before twitter fans started equating success as the only thing that matters in football.

You either get it or you dont I guess, but if any Spurs sees West Ham in the same light as Palace or Charlton, well its only a loss for them at the end of the day, because they are truely missing out on that extra feeling when Stalteri, Dier or Kane score those last minute winners against them.
Wouldnt have meant as much if it was against QPR, but each to their own.

Thats my point though....its not about competing for CL spots. They are a local rival and the hate goes back a long way, long before twitter fans started equating success as the only thing that matters in football.

You either get it or you dont I guess, but if any Spurs sees West Ham in the same light as Palace or Charlton, well its only a loss for them at the end of the day, because they are truely missing out on that extra feeling when Stalteri, Dier or Kane score those last minute winners against them.
Yep.Up there with Woolwich for me.Hate em,have since my teens(didnt mind them as a kid).

Yep.Up there with Woolwich for me.Hate em,have since my teens(didnt mind them as a kid).
I heard that when the Stratford bid was going on, the local residents of Tottenham petitioned the club to stay, whereas the local residents of Upton Park petitioned West Ham to leave. That's probably what swung it

Last edited:
7. Loved Dele hounding Kovacic (?) the whole match. Had to be frustrating for him.

It was Jorginho.

Shows up how one dimensional Chelsea's possession based game plan is. Everton did the same a few weeks back by sticking Richarlison on him but they where no where near as lethal when the ball was turned over.

Dele suited the role perfectly, strong, good in the air and able to run for days. You can just imagine him on the wind up making little snide comments all the while.

Not always been a fan of that diamond midfield shape, but Poch properly out smarted Sarri on this occasion who seemed to have no plan B.

Whoever wanted a gif of Sissoko tackling Kovacic. Here you go (thanks Spurs reddit for the OG GIF)

Speed
Timing
Strength
Aggression
Technique

Even I can’t believe how good this guy has turned out

Poch is a magician and will also work his magic on Foyth

Crash, Bang, Wallop....What a Video!
iu.jpg

Back of the net!

...and THAT'S the point!

We're quick to laugh and mock clubs like Southampton, Leicester and Watford who now see us as their rivals, based purely on recent history (though in Watford's case you could argue Geography... but they've conveniently forgotten local rivals Luton pretty quick, haven't they?)

Yet when we try to convince ourselves that West Ham don't matter any more, and say, Liverpool do now, we're kidding ourselves.

The 'hatred' for Liverpool (for me) is a bit like the Country's hatred for Man Utd...

it's based purely on Club stature, and what they've done in terms of success in the past (or perceived recent success in Liverpool's case) not on logical Geography....

The only 'geographical' annoyance that Liverpool have for me, is/was the amount of London based fans they had down here in the '80s when I was growing up...

I must've been about 7 or 8 when I realised Liverpool WASN'T actually IN London, the amount of fans you used to see around, and at School! It always used to confuse me...

In fact, you could argue that if it wasn't for Man Utd, the '90s may well have been dominated by ArseAnal... so we've actually got a lot to thank Utd for if you think about it!

...anyway, this reply is now in the wrong thread!!
I'm off to start a "Who are our Rivals?" thread!

I hate agreeing in any way, shape or form with crapcase, but anyone who looks back at Sissoko's early performances in a Spurs shirt and KNEW that he would put in a performance of the power and strength like yesterday, was either drunk or deluded.
I'd also be intrigued to know what your definition of a "ball playing CM" is, if you think that's what Sissoko's performance yesterday was. It was a masterful display of power and unrelenting energy, and defensive impregnability, but wasn't a performance of ball playing dexterity.
The plusses for me was how he's starting to put some great passes into his game, rather than just 5 yarders or losing control altogether.
Him, Foyth, Toby and Dier were awesome.
Actually, fuck it, they all were - even Davies who's had some dreadful performances lately. Willian gave up and switched wings because of him.

I’m not going to say ‘I told you so’ Mick but I was banging his drum for ages as I saw something in him and was getting stick from all quarters!

I’m not deluded or drunk
(Well not all the time anyway)

But I’m delighted for him and us

Isn’t it funny to to see someone who mocked people for rating Sissoko and claimed he didn’t represent a footballer in any way shape or form now calling his performance masterful.

I also like the “nobody saw it earlier” line either, despite the fact they spent three years arguing and belittling people who rated him....

Here’s a post from April 2017..over 19 months ago:
Id take Sissoko for 30M over Pogba for 90M......several times he´s changed the momentum in a game and made a difference.

Can Utd say the same for three times the price and the fact he´s played nearly every game this season

He was backed and appreciated by some from day one, and those people also backed the managers decision to stick with him.

It’s great that people are coming round, but just call it what it is eh. You abused and slagged off a Spurs player for three seasons, and you’ve been made to look a tit.

I'm slowly coming around.
That’s what it’s about.....I learned my lesson with Lamela. It took two years yet now 30M looks like an absolute bargain.

It’s just better to give critique and praise when deserved, and give neither unreservedly in my opinion.

Abusing players is always unacceptable in my opinion. Some people will be quick to try and liken me saying Kane played like a big fat slug once, to calling a Sissoko a shit cunt who should never play for spurs again, but we all know the difference don’t we.

People think that saying Eriksen or Dele needs to see the bench when they are off form is abusing them. It’s just pathetically childish though, when the same people then call Davies a Champo player.....

Said it for three years, the squad is brimming with quality and is still only second to City’s. Maybe people think 3rd is unacceptable, and Grealish and Kovacic (lol) would have us running away with it?

I remember KD telling me Chelsea had a better squad.....Fabregas is better than Winks, and Chalobah (or was it Batshuay) better than Son apparently.

Back
Top Bottom