Tottenham Hotspur v Chelscum - Premier League - 24.11.18

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Smash the vermin into tiny little pieces.

tenor.gif

Realistically, our points will come from games outside the top tier, at least where Hugo doesn't sell the jerseys.

We don't have the quality to compete with clubs who spend money annually on an already strong squad. That has been shown by some of our embarrassing performances against better opposition this season.

We're a one nil against palace kind of club. If we do that often enough we might steal a top four slot.

Important to understand our team in this context, and not pretend we have strengthened since a year ago. We haven't. We chose not to. Our support acquiesced and endorsed our new status. You can't do that and keep old expectations. Act accordingly.

Realistically, our points will come from games outside the top tier, at least where Hugo doesn't sell the jerseys.

We don't have the quality to compete with clubs who spend money annually on an already strong squad. That has been shown by some of our embarrassing performances against better opposition this season.

We're a one nil against palace kind of club. If we do that often enough we might steal a top four slot.

Important to understand our team in this context, and not pretend we have strengthened since a year ago. We haven't. We chose not to. Our support acquiesced and endorsed our new status. You can't do that and keep old expectations. Act accordingly.

Ridiculous opinion, we went to old Trafford and stuffed them 3-0. This is the exact same team that beat Chelsea at Stamford bridge last year when all the pressure was on us, we hadn’t won there in 30 odd years, and that was with out Harry Kane starting. That was the fixture that gave us champions league football.

We have lost our best defender, that is a major reason for why we have looked shakey at the back. I’d love to see Liverpool with out van dick to see how they coped. Have some faith, don’t write us off. Best ever start to a season remember. We only lost by 1 goal to the so called best team in the country and with a bit of luck we could have nicked something.

We are capable of getting a win in both the Chelsea and Woolwich games. Hate the defeatist attitude.

lloris

alderweireld - vertonghen*
walker-peters** ------------------------------ rose***

dier - winks

eriksen

alli ----------------- lamela

kane
bench: gascoigne-negro, aurier, sanchez, wanyama, lucas, son, llorente

missing: vorm, trippier, davies, foyth, sissoko, skipp, dembele

*i think he'll be back for this
**trippier might still be out?
***i think he'll be back for this

lloris

alderweireld - vertonghen*
walker-peters** ------------------------------ rose***

dier - winks

eriksen

alli ----------------- lamela

kane
bench: gascoigne-negro, aurier, sanchez, wanyama, lucas, son, llorente

missing: vorm, trippier, davies, foyth, sissoko, skipp, dembele

*i think he'll be back for this
**trippier might still be out?
***i think he'll be back for this
Jan ain't supposed to be back until mid December as far as I know

2 weeks away so easy to forget about but I wonder if Pochettino will stick with Foyth following his great display and goal against Palace or he brings Sanchez back into the fold (if fit).

Back
Top Bottom