Wolves (A)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Two players I have been critical of in the past have really stood out for us this season.
Lamela and Sissoko are both in fine form. I didn't expect these contributions, but I'm over the moon we're getting them.
Lamela has been very good, but i still cannnot have sissoko sorry. He has been better than usual granted, but he's usually completely hopeless and now he's just bang average at best. I think I'm being a bit generous with that statement tv. But this is a game of opinions, and that's why we all love it

Lamela has been very good, but i still cannnot have sissoko sorry. He has been better than usual granted, but he's usually completely hopeless and now he's just bang average at best. I think I'm being a bit generous with that statement tv. But this is a game of opinions, and that's why we all love it
Both are performing above and beyond and for those haters of both who we have rarely seen of late (thank goodness) stay in your boxes and cheer the guys as committed supporters should do, not jeer at them!

Big fan of Sonny, but the call to take him off was the right one, and his reaction I also would say is totally natural. He's smart enough to know that he was off his game today, and will improve sooner rather than later.

Lamela just getting better and better. Was very suspect of Eric after his injury, but he has been a revelation. Lucas did some good things today and is always a handful. Hugo, ... great saves under pressure. Trip's needs a break to be fair. Will do him the world of good.

How good is it to see Christian back. ? Gritty, tense win, but 3 points banked.

Lovren was destroyed by Klopp two seasons ago when they played us, and not by the way Lovren played against us.

Think about that the next time you want to throw one of our players under the bus for one poor move. Poch may well be pissed with Trippier, but he will sort that issue out internally. Look at the way he moved Foyth into midfiled. He could have hooked him but he didn't.

We should win as a team, lose as a team and play indifferently as a team. Indeed Poch does not drop players easily, something that i think is a good thing, motivates the team as a whole and is partly the reason for the stunning progress that he has made since he joined the Club.

Think about the players causing issues that he has stuck by:

Lloris (DD)
Dele (sent off for the punch)
Toby (Contract)
Rose (Transfer policy)
Dembele (wanting to leave / contract)

To my mind Tripper was playing with the freedom and without fear that Poch wants to see, and although he made a mistake, overall he is a damn fine PL wing back.
I am not throwing anyone under the bus for one poor move.
In my opinion Serge is a better than Trippier and that is that.

Last edited:
Who the fuck is Blakey?

Blakey.gif

When JT agrees with you then it's time to rethink your opinion .... unless you'e one of his multis that is ....

That was brilliant Poch, well done! :love:

Poch owned those Journalists.

Anyone who does not understand the Son substitution and why he did what he did, quite honestly has no understanding of football, squad and game management.

Sure Son looked pissed when he came off, but I would have been more upset if he came off laughing and smiling about it. That is what a hungry competitor does.

Yes there is. It’s a set of rules agreed upon. Just because our American friends have got a bit uppity over certain words doesn’t change that. Just because we can make our feelings known with sign language that doesn’t mean we should revert to it. It’s only because the majority can spell reasonably correctly that misspelling is understood in the first place.
It’s not rules agreed upon as there is no parliament of language. It’s a set of communicative conventions that are constantly changing, there is nothing that makes the widespread convention of writing fucking more correct than fucken.

Misspelling is understood as we cognitively grasp the meaning of the concept faster than its form (the sign - word). There is a margin of acceptability for understanding, if I would write as phakein it would not work, but between similar signs there’s hardly much difference.
Point is syntactic structures a d semantic grasp have primacy on minor spelling variations.

What we needed last night was a captain in the mould of Roberts, Terry, Keane etc.

Shake people up and get them playing again, because in the second half we panicked and stopped.

Keane would have ripped Trippier's head off for trying that stunt instead of putting the ball (and probably Trippier's head) into row Z.

I thought bringing Sanchez on might have steadied the boat but didn't.

Surprised at bringing Son on when Dembele went off (any reports on the extent of the injury). I would have tried Tripp. It also proves that you can't play Lamela, Son and Moura together - they're too similar a player.

Overall an awful 'performance'. On to PSV.

Few points:

- at 3-0 trying to nutmeg somebody on your own byline, whilst facing the penalty area, just reeks of somebody who knows they’re first choice. Trips has cost us a goal against City and Wolves and he also gave away the silly freekick that led to PSV scoring.

- I hope poch put his arm around Foyth to tell him he had another good game, because he did. Confidence is so important for young players.

- It would be foolish to not invest in a CM. We have one who we can rely on to stay relatively injury free which is Dier. And if he does miss a game like he did last night, we really are down to bare bones.

- Ben Davies is just a bit meh. He offers us very little going forward and isn’t good enough defensively to warrant starting week in week out for a top 4 club. On his best form he’s a decent player but we can do so much better.

- When Alli and Eriksen don’t start, Lamela is the only player we have who can read Harry Kanes game.

- We still don’t manage games well and we’re far too nice at times. Hugo was taking quick kicks instead of lying on the ball and using all his time. We don’t do any of the niggly stuff (staying down after fouls, not collecting the ball for throw ins, standing in front of freekicks etc) Juve taught us a lesson last year in how to kill a football match when you have a one goal lead, but it seems we haven’t taken anything from that. We also never save a sub to run down the clock in added time, yesterday was a tricky one with Dembele going off early but it’s somehing I’ve noticed this season .

We still don’t manage games well and we’re far too nice at times.
I'm not having that...are you really watching our games? Do you ever see all the niggling fouls on the oppo around the halfway line, ever noticed Kane shielding the ball in their half just long enough to get a contact and then go down to win a cheap free kick, ever wondered why Dele gets booed so much by away fans? Lamela....I mean...fucking Lamela....

Back
Top Bottom