New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

aviva-luxury-yacht.jpg

:troll:

For me, a club's identity is its fans. The more authentic, passionate support you can cram in on game day, the better.

The groundshare thing is more a question of what London should have wanted transferring into the Olympic site after the games, the more use it gets the better. It's insane they ever convinced themselves the athletics stadium wasn't always going to end up a football ground.

NWHL will be bigger (and better) so that's kind of a moot point...

I no way mean this in a 'pfff foreign fans'-sense; your point of view is perfectly understandable if your matchday experience is 99% from tv; granted you've captured the in-stadium atmos on ad-hoc visits and naturally that translates as important (which of course it is). However, ask WH fans what it feels like to have their club removed from it's community; It's fans... It's "Identity" as you rightfully deem them. The matchday experience is about the local pubs, the same shit food stalls etc. eventually arriving at your 'home' from home to see the cockrel, the bill nic gates, the lilywhite and blue... I know some of these things will be different when we do go home, but our home will importantly remain within the community and it'll be OURS (no temporary decor rolled out every fortnight etc. etc. etc.).

As for what's best for London, that's an entirely different discussion.

If the stadium isn't ready for the Manchester City game it will have major consequences as Manchester City have no reason or motivation for postponing the game and reversing the fixture will never happen as it will cause City/Utd to play at the same time and us/Woolwich at the same time.

For what it's worth I've just heard a bit more about what happened with the delay ...

The fire detection and suppression systems had failed testing (possibly at the test event) MACE were looking at a fix ... this was known by all but not the serious nature of the issue(s) ...

It wasn't until Monday at 2:00 pm that MACE met with the DL and his team where they informed Spurs that the problem was more serious than first thought and could not be fixed in time for the planned test events ...

This news was leaked to the press that same afternoon ...

Make of that what you will ...

EDIT - bit more info, the fire detection and suppression systems issues were first identified by MACE back in January, they believed they had a fix, clearly not .... that's now a HUGE concern by all at the club ....

Last edited:
For what it's worth I've just heard a bit more about what happened with the delay ...

The fire detection and suppression systems had failed testing (possibly at the test event) MACE were looking at a fix ... this was known by all but not the serious nature of the issue(s) ...

It wasn't until Monday at 2:00 pm that MACE met with the DL and his team where they informed Spurs that the problem was more serious than first thought and would not be fixed in time for the planned test events ...

This news was leaked to the press that same afternoon ...

Make of that what you will ...

EDIT - bit more info, the fire detection and suppression systems issues were first identified by MACE back in January, they believed they had a fix, clearly not .... that's now a HUGE concern

I heard on the podcast earlier that they have to check over 10,000 different pieces of wiring to fix the issue, hence the timescale being too difficult to put a timeframe on. What's done is done, as a fanbase now we simply have to just focus on the XI guys playing for the shirt and show backing to the footballing aspects of it all whilst the business men do what they have to do. Points & performances on the pitch now are a greater concern now that we know their is a delay in its opening. Thanks for your update Bangkok, it's much appreciated

Some stadium ITK for you.
Mate if mine from uni works at a firm who are one of the main contractors on the new stadium project. Says that's it's hugely unlikely they'll be ready to open by August but none or the suppliers want to be the first one to tell the club that something they are responsible for won't be delivered on time. It's basically a stalemate but eventually someone will need to do it.

Remember when you all told me this was bullshit? Seems Mace weren't entirely transparent with levy and co eh?

Back
Top Bottom