New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Keep going Naylor. It'll be post #19981 that takes the glory, a few more to go yet...

r8aHHnN.png

As someone seemingly vehemently opposed to corporate football, I'm suprised you'd condone sacrificing our roots and identity for the sake of a few extra quid at the gate.

For me, a club's identity is its fans. The more authentic, passionate support you can cram in on game day, the better.

The groundshare thing is more a question of what London should have wanted transferring into the Olympic site after the games, the more use it gets the better. It's insane they ever convinced themselves the athletics stadium wasn't always going to end up a football ground.

Just listening to the pod cast with the THST

“.....genuinely believe they are doing us a favour.....”

“.....we are all quite fortunate to support Spurs....”

In two lines. You can sum up the disconnect between ENIC and us. I get those comments are the opinions of a THST member (Martin Cloake ) but I can only say he’d know the board better than I.

And blimey could Katrina Law turn it down a bit ?

Last edited:
Unpopular opinion alert, but for me, the best case scenario from both a Spurs perspective and a London perspective would have been to have Spurs and West Ham groundshare (and likely co-own) at an enormous, say 85k or even more, stadium in Stratford which was created by a pre-purposed digging out of the running track a la what was done with the City of Manchester Stadium, as the centerpiece of a national sports complex, including a stadium development of the warm-up athletics track as the "athletics legacy" of the games.

A stadium where the club's matchday revenue would be tied to ambition in attracting the maximum number of supporters to attend matches rather than how many bells and whistles the club could dazzle plutocrats with.

Best of all would be doing that at a Spurs-only venue in Tottenham, somewhere where the public transportation links could make that feasible, but that was never possible. It was possible as part of the Olympics development, and the shambles for spammers and London taxpayers could have been avoided, with Spurs benefitting in a way more material than just schadenfreude.

(I'm American, I've only ever been to WHL as a tourist, guilty as charged.)
I've seen some daft posts over the years, but this one takes the biscuit!

In for 1k!

Nothing much to say about the stadium mess other than it's a damn shame it couldn't be opened for the start of the season (and christened properly). Also, I really hope the cost overruns aren't as bad as rumored (100% overrun? FUCK!). It'd be horrible if we took on an additional 400-500m gbp in debt just as we were really starting to fly!

I'm not massivley suprised the stadium isn't finished on time to be honest. When I was there last month it did look like an awful lot was left to get done. Very disappointing the way the club handled it though.

Back
Top Bottom