Season 2018/19 || Expectations

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Where will we finish in the league?

• Champions league

Votes: 133 83.1%
  • Europa league

Votes: 21 13.1%
  • Midtable

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Relegation

Votes: 5 3.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
2nd. City are good - Liverpool won’t get in the top 4. Allison will prove to be a liability and the other blokes they’ve bought will be even worse - terrified of being blamed for mistakes on Sky by the gurning tramp messiah.

Utd third and Wolves to fight it out with Bournemouth for 4th. Chavs 6th and woolwich 7th. But another season without a trophy for us. Afterwards all our players will leave and Poch will go back to his farm to breed alpacas because he’s an honourable man who has publicly stated he won’t manage any team other than Tottenham.

It will be the end of an era.

Last edited:
Top 4 finish, a more active January window. Even split between advancing from the CL group and ending up third in it. If we end up third I expect us to win the Europa.

Reckon we will sneak 4th place which would be an excellent result considering the circumstances
Probably no trophies for another year sadly

I hope Lucas can cement a starting place in the 11 and Toby knuckles down to get back to his best and I think we'll do well (4th). I don't want to see Dier covering the CB's at all. CM might be an issue with all the injuries, I guess Dier will be the mainstay there and that's his best position. Lack of creativity has been our downfall in recent times, I'd like to see more integrated attacking play from the advanced players rather than relying on individual brilliance to break down a defence. How I pine for a quick 'one-two' around the box. :eriksenserious:

I'd take finishing 5th all day long if we won the FA cup. Getting to the QF of the CL would also be nice. My prediction:

League - 4th
FA Cup - Semi final
League Cup - Quarter final
CL - Last 16

Our season isn’t going to fall apart because we haven’t signed anyone, we are still a very good team . But , I don’t think it’s gonna be as good as some think .

5th place finish ...poch’s last season

With another season of Pochs systems plus some of the adjustments he's clearly been making, and the development of some of the newer or less established players, I'm thinking we're going to be in that 3rd to 4th bracket.

Forget all the transfer stuff, i think the pivotal aspect of this season, in terms of the team (new stadium asides), is the evolution from the Dembele based style of play to whatever the alternative is.

He was my favourite player, a true world class performer and terribly underrated during his prime, but he is no longer that player IMO and we have to adjust accordingly. I have no idea how we do that as there's no one who plays his way, so we can't just slot in Vic or Winks and not change the system.

That's gonna be the big issue. Because if our manager can figure that out then we could be in for a monster season with the talent we have.

With another season of Pochs systems plus some of the adjustments he's clearly been making, and the development of some of the newer or less established players, I'm thinking we're going to be in that 3rd to 4th bracket.

Forget all the transfer stuff, i think the pivotal aspect of this season, in terms of the team (new stadium asides), is the evolution from the Dembele based style of play to whatever the alternative is.

He was my favourite player, a true world class performer and terribly underrated during his prime, but he is no longer that player IMO and we have to adjust accordingly. I have no idea how we do that as there's no one who plays his way, so we can't just slot in Vic or Winks and not change the system.

That's gonna be the big issue. Because if our manager can figure that out then we could be in for a monster season with the talent we have.
433 is the way to go. Its an incredibly fluid system. Would love to see us plays a lilbit like City with 2 creative players as part of 3 Midfield. Of course they need to intensify their workrate. So the problem remains whether we got the squad thick enough to rotate.
If (a big big if) everybody played to their potential, we are going to be strong.
Eriksen and Dier are the mainstay at the 3. With (i hope) Dier to be covering much more ground and attempting much more tackles. Not sure whos the other one though.
The more i thought about it the excited i got.

433 is the way to go. Its an incredibly fluid system. Would love to see us plays a lilbit like City with 2 creative players as part of 3 Midfield. Of course they need to intensify their workrate. So the problem remains whether we got the squad thick enough to rotate.
If (a big big if) everybody played to their potential, we are going to be strong.
Eriksen and Dier are the mainstay at the 3. With (i hope) Dier to be covering much more ground and attempting much more tackles. Not sure whos the other one though.
The more i thought about it the excited i got.
It could be incredible. What lots of commentators miss with this transfer shit, is the massive benefit of coaching existing players and getting their understanding of the systems and teammates nailed.

I think Poch is on the verge of cracking it. He makes mistakes, but I feel he learns from them too.

Fingers crossed.....

Fighting Liverpool for 2nd or 3rd (Chelsea will be fighting Man U for 4th & 5th).
We will make semi-finals in both League and FA Cups, hopefully progressing to one final
We will make last 16 of CL, from there on it's all about the draw, so fuck knows.

If this happened it will be another super season. As Poch says, football is fun, it's to be enjoyed. So many of you miss out every year, sad fucks.

Fans and pundits place too much importance in new signings, I remember when we spent the Bale money and everyone was convinced that we would finish top four and above the scum, it didn't happen. Who knows how many of the new additions at other clubs will actually gel. That said, it would have been great to have at least one or two new players, partly in order to inspire/shake up some of our existing players.

League- 3rd
FA Cup and league cup- embarrassing early exits for our reserves
CL- semi finals.

2nd but close with the Dippers

Semi finals CL

Semi finals FA Cup getting knocked out by Villa with Grealish scoring in injury time

Back
Top Bottom