Summer 2018 transfer window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I know being taken over by a free-spending Oligarch Spurs fan is the utopia of some, but short of that who would peeps consider preferable from the EPL?

Not the point. I want the best Daniel Levy to be our chairman and the best Poch to be our manager. Both have given the club wonderful service, but neither man is perfect, and their flaws are combining themselves into quite a turd in this Rose deal, if true.

Thats along the lines of my thinking

They get rid of a fat lump that Maureen doesn't like And off the wages

We get said fat lump and poch does his Magic again
My only question on this is shaw’s mentality. Reading ‘brave new world’ poch was disappointed losing him to manure. Clearly it’s not worked out. Poch put tons into shaw, does he need that hassle again? I wouldn’t!

Don't know why we don't test the waters with Chelsea and throw in a big bid for RLC.
Not like they are gonna use him much this season.

I can't see how Toby could go for £30 million.
Even if he stays for a year and we exercise the option in his contract for the extra year the release is supposed to be £25 million, to let him go without a replacement for 5 million more doesn't make sense.

If Poch is happy to merely loan DR out then I think the idea of 'one more season' from TA is increasingly becoming a pipe-dream.

Having a half decent WC means TA is the more saleable of the two... Like Guido 🇺🇦 Guido 🇺🇦 suggested.. Maybe the game of poker here for us is in fact will someone in Europe come in and exceed United's eventual final low-ball offer once the EPL window closes... Especially if United are dicking us about in the name of sabotage.

Shaw is a colossal downgrade on Danny Rose, however you want to dress it up

He's a colossal downgrade on 2016 Danny Rose. Don't really see much difference between Shaw and 2018 Danny Rose. At least Shaw would want to play for Spurs and is young enough to improve. I'd be a bit wary if we signed Shaw as our starter but as someone who can train under Poch and play a number of games as a rotator with Davies. He could yet get back to the Shaw that everyone thought he'd turn into a few years ago and displace Davies as our starter. Either way, I'd take Shaw at Spurs.

Back
Top Bottom