Summer 2018 transfer window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

:pochfacepalm:

Toby Alderweireld
Toby Alderweireld remains another option, largely because Tottenham have made it clear they are willing to sell.

Sources close to both United and Tottenham insist no formal bid has been lodged, although Spurs are braced for a deadline-day offer -- which could include either Chris Smalling or Marcos Rojo to satisfy Mauricio Pochettino's desire to find a replacement before Alderweireld is allowed to leave.
:pochlol:
United demand lower fees for defender - sources

Really hope this is true! Serves Villa right for screwing Grealish over :dembelelol::dembelelol:

My personal favourite bit - "Bruce and one of the first team coaches are in a car following him to Fulham to try and change his mind"

Bet the cunt still stops at Greggs on the way down, the fat cunt.

Other than the signing of the contract bit

Kurzawa isn't any good, no better than the fraudulent Rose we got last season. But if Poch wants him and he works hard, he'll be fine depth.

Has stupid hair too.

The window would not be on Poch, he would give his targets, it would be upto Levy and his team to deliver, they have one day to deliver or basically fail Poch.

On the contrary.... Poch evidently wants both Rose & Toby out so he's part of the 'party'.

Poch is picky as fuck when it comes to players too (even if one does wanna exonerate him of blame from some of the cheaper punts in the past).

If all he wanted was an indiscriminate £XXm's worth of players I'm sure Levy would have delivered to that remit long in the window.

Let's mature the discussion beyond 'Levy stole back the war-chest'.

If my club's no.1 goalkeeper was Karius and I could get Alisson for £71m then I'd do it in a heartbeat. Getting a top quality keeper in to replace one that drops it into his own net every two weeks is a huge upgrade.

Oh I’d rather have Roy Carroll than Karius but they could upgrade with a 20m signing 71.6m is absolutely ridiculous.

Are you implying there should be a stat WAR(MI) = Win Above Replacement (Money Invested)??
:adegrin2:

In the game where Juventus knocked us out of the CL, we were visually running out of steam and ideas. We brought on Lamela and Llorente. Better options could have seen us through. Now I know that's all hypothetical talk but it's something I believe.
WARMI sounds like it would be fucking fun as hell to develop, honestly, from a total database/spreadsheet nerd angle.

Speaking just to Juventus knocking us out and turning to Lamela/Llorente - they both came on when we were chasing goals and we've already covered that ground. We hadn't played in a week, and even then it was Rochdale in the FA cup, Palace in the league, and Rochdale cup replay. There was no reason to be gassed - hypothetically speaking I imagine our odds of winning that match would be higher with one "world-class" CM to play the entire 90 likely preventing us from falling behind to begin with than 3 good options to throw on for 20 minutes desperately seeking a goal after the first XI had let us fall behind.

I think it comes down to priorities really. League challenges need a top bench, but we're unlikely to compete with City because they can afford a bench and starting XI well beyond our financial dreams. Cup competitions need a great XI with a bench capable of rotating and maintaining CL position status in the league as required.

I feel like our bench is capable of rotating in and maintaining 2-4 in the league. And I believe we're a lot closer to a great XI than a City-challenging 22. That's why I say I feel like we have a better opportunity at winning the CL in the near future than the league. We're 1-2 top players away from being able to stand out own with any 11-14 in the world on a good day. We're probably 7 players away from keeping pace with City over 38 matches.

You people are making absolute asses of yourself. More newspaper rumors same as all of them and you absolutely lose your minds. Saying we won’t finish top 4 planning protests. Embarrassing. They play you like a fiddle and you are happy to let them. As long as it means you can rage at our club.

I’m going to wait until actual things happen with our club, instead of people just writing about it.

You make redditors look like level-headed analysts. Embarrassing.

Back
Top Bottom