Summer 2018 transfer window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

They made their own beds. Right or wrong best they went

It would be a crying shame to see us shrivel back down to 6th place this way.

We smashed the club transfer record to replace Toby with Sanchez, it's clear now. Proactive, willing to spend, and great scouting. Nailed it.

But even if you do all of those things right (and we don't have the money to throw club record fees at 11 positions), you're not going to hit on all of them. No one's scouting is THAT good, and the players we're replacing are world class.

A point which I think is very fair game and is brought up surprisingly little.

I know being taken over by a free-spending oligarch Spurs fan is the utopia of some, but short of that, who would peeps consider preferable from the EPL chairmen/women?

(i.e. By this I don't mean inherit Man City's wealth into the bargain... Just their chairman).

- Hard to say the open cheque-book poilcy at City means their Chairman has to 'earn' his wage quite as much as DL.
- Woodward is a mug who despite himself does 'everything' possible to prove the 'spending is over-rated' meme true.
- Scum's current affairs? No thanks.
- Chavs? See above, but dirtier.
- Liverpool's lot may have thrown a little cash about at times, but nothing more to show for it.... (+ 8/10 finishes above 'em... Bottled building a new stadium for them too. #Mechano-field
- West Ham's (The newest symbol of envy from this window) lot? - Just LOLz...
- Everton are big entire question mark right now, but feel free to conceed that one would happily trade the ENIC era's parallel progress or trophy haul with them? + Even with the pledged money from their new investor scam to unfold (See dodgy links to Scum), If they don't manage to ponce half a new stadium off the council soon their current gaff might blow away.

Last edited:
40mil + shaw for TA ???

Just trying to figure how that deal might pan out

Not that I'm a fan of it particularly

But if Rose is off then it's plausible

That's a totally unrealistic deal. They won't sell a LB without a replacement this late and do you think they value Shaw at 10m? Because by all accounts they wont pay more than 50 for Toby.

Kieran Tierney would be the logical target if Rose leaves.

** edit ** actually we should buy him anyway.
Agree, but slim to no chance Celtic sell him this late. Why didn't we sign someone like him weeks ago, which we could easily have done, if we're supposedly so desperate to get Rose out of the club? The whole thing is an absolute shitfest.

Back
Top Bottom