Summer 2018 transfer window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Can someone explain FFP to me.
So Villa breached it last season and got what, a fine,
Yet the regime who broke the rules and don’t have the money to pay the fine unless they sell players, a consequence of their actions, are allowed to sell the club before they pay said fine?

If that’s correct what is the point?
Surely a new owner can’t just pay off the fine. Shouldn’t the punishment be met by the old regime, otherwise there is none.
Even when competition bans are imposed they sell to new owners who invariably get it overturned as it wasn’t their doing.

Fucking shambles

Thing is the club were the ones to have potentially benefitted on the pitch. Seems only right to me that the club feel the effects of the fine.

I don't care if you believe me or not the only thing ridiculous is you who can't fathom there's someone out there that does not share his views

Nah... Just refuse to roll over for tiresome twats like you.

The amount of credibility you have here, you may as well get Case to change your user name to "Bullshit".

Kiss me again, you love-struck fool.

IWe won’t be signing Grealish.
I reckon they want something stupid like £40m.
Makes Richarlson look a steal. Hes younger and had nearly double the experience at PL level.
He also has potential

Yet the regime who broke the rules and don’t have the money to pay the fine unless they sell players, a consequence of their actions, are allowed to sell the club before they pay said fine?

Surely a new owner can’t just pay off the fine. Shouldn’t the punishment be met by the old regime, otherwise there is none.
Even when competition bans are imposed they sell to new owners who invariably get it overturned as it wasn’t their doing.

Fucking shambles

Football League clubs are only allowed to spend a certain percentage of their turnover on their wages - for every pound over they have to pay a pound fine.

This can't just be paid by the owners though, it has to come organically from their own turnover - it doesn't make any difference if their new owner is the richest bloke on earth.

They also need to reduce their wage bill for the coming season, as otherwise they will fail FFP again. The issue is compounded as now they are passed the point where they receive parachute payments from the Premier League so their turnover won't be as high.

In short - they have to sell Grealish and Levy will have worked out the exact amount of money they need...

Please, comment on my post, make me feel better. I think things are looking pretty dark right now

Come on we're on the cusp of something special. Once we're in the stadium and the naming rights sponsor is in place virtually clearing the debt you'll start to see us operate at a different level competing more with Pool, Arse and Chelscum, if you're expecting us to go all City or United (or Pool this year) you'll be sadly disappointed. We'll always operate within our means, just our means will be much greater than they ever have been.

Also if the players you mentioned do decide to leave, we'll get a decent fee and replace them with new ones. Chances are though when they start playing in the new stadium they won't want to leave unless a Real or Barca come in for them. If they do.want to go then, we'll replace them.

In 10 years if all goes to plan we'll be seen as one of the big boys but with a period of winning trophies behind us.

Have some faith

Fucking shambles

They have not breached it they have not been fined - other than that your spot on. They want to sell players so they do not breach it next year.

Oh what a surprise poch isn't happy that we have no signings with the transfer window closing in 6 days, what a melt doesn't he know we don't need signings and we can just rely on youth team players with no experience to get us through.

Luckily for everyone it's only made up bullshit written on the internet.
I'm sure there will be some fud that will lap it up as gospel though.

Seeing as martial joined utd when he was 18/19, does he have enough years in england before 21 to count as HG?
Don’t think so.
Here’s how I come to that conclusion

He has to been registered at FA(at Man U) for 36 months between 15-21 yrs of age .
Born 05-12-1995
He joined in 1 September 2015.
He turned 20 on 5 December 2015
So 1 September 2016 would be 12 month
Septemebr 2017 would be just 24 month and he’s been 21yrs of age for 9 month.

Back
Top Bottom