Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

No player is above criticism.
But lets criticise when it's deserved, eh?
The bloke had a good tournament ,and as has already been said is smashing records all over the place.
You don't do that if you are not playing well.

I think it's reasonable to discuss how to get the best out of Kane. My own view is Kane should be doing for England what he does for us: no. 9, monster in the box, using his strength and positioning to terrorize defenders and making the most of his greatest strength (finishing). Can see him reverting to a deeper no. 10 role later in his career when he's a bit slower.

This does make whoever plays behind him very important. Also the first line of my post makes it clear why it's ridiculous to say he's 'overrated' or what not - can't have it both ways.

Think its only just sinking in looking at that tweet how remarkable some of our boys have done this year.

We've gone from failure having an echo of glory to glory having an echo of failure running through our team. I love it! Massive achievements for both of them as well as all of the others that took part

With the Golden Ball winner having learned All his skills at White Hart Lane, it's safe to say Spurs have won the World Cup

We'll see. I just see him as rather limited albeit very good within those limits. But he is not world class and nor will he ever be.

From May 2017.

Hmmmm..what did Kane do in the 2017-2018 season again, i can't recall those world beating stats.....

Anyone think a certain poster is talking out of their arse?

P.S mojo was being called out as a Gooner then as well! The more things change, the more they stay the same.

He was great in the group stage but fell away in the knockout stages. Looked heavy-legged and lethargic against Sweden and Croatia. I just hope he (and Dele) are not carrying injuries as they're needed in less than four weeks. Southgate had to play him regardless, as he was the only serious goal threat.

I hope he's off at the beach already. No-one can take the Golden Boot away from him (plus the World Cup hatrick ball), as hard as others try to belittle his achievements. After all Griezman's four goals contained three penalties.

We need to give him some proper backup too (rather than those donkeys Llorente, Janssen etc) if we're to go deep in the CL and achieve top four in the PL.

Congrats to him and Lloris.

Kane stats to 28th June.

THE CAREER NUMBERS

• 174 career goals in 304 games for five clubs (Tottenham Hotspur and loans to Leyton Orient, Millwall, Norwich City and Leicester City) and country
  • 108 Premier League goals in 153 games – placing him 22nd all-time and the second-fastest (after Alan Shearer) to reach 100 in the competition (141 games)
  • 18 England goals in 26 caps – the most in the current squad, with 13 in his last nine
  • 56 goals in all competitions in 2017 – the most by any player in Europe, including a record SIX Premier League hat-tricks
  • Two Premier League Golden Boots in 2015/16 and 2016/17 – narrowly missed out last season, finishing two behind Liverpool’s Mo Salah after hitting the 30-goal mark for the first time
  • Six per cent of all the World Cup goals England have ever scored – in just 2.8 per cent of the minutes England have ever played at World Cups
HOW HE HAS SCORED THEM

• Right foot 106, left foot 38, headers 29, other 1
  • In the box 130, outside the box 23, penalties 21
  • Kane has scored goals in 76 different minutes, including 14 after the clock hits 90 – the only ones missing on his checklist are the 2nd, 5th, 8th, 10th, 17th, 19th, 31st, 36th, 44th, 55th, 66th, 84th, 85th and 87th minutes.
CAPTAIN KANE

• Hat-trick against Panama was first by an England captain since Shearer in 1999 – and first by any England player since Jermain Defoe in 2010
  • First hat-trick by an England captain at a World Cup
  • 11 goals in seven games as Three Lions skipper – netting every time he has worn the armband for his country
As I understand it from mojo mojo , the counterargument, proving that Kane is overrated, is that he scored three goals against Panama.
:dembele:

I could mention a few, but let me just mention Ciro Immobile. Now let the ridicule begin!
Got to be taking the piss, what does immobile do better than kane?
Kane's the better finisher, better in the air, better at holding up the ball, better at passing, more intelligent, much stronger. Immobile isn't even better than the 2 cunts woolwich have up top, let alone kane, don't be silly.

There's no discussion needed.

You are a fucking bellend and that's all there is to it.

Bellends, gooners and trolls do not persevere in making their argument. They just hurl out some insult and then sit back and watch the reactions with amusement. The fact that I persevere at least should tell you that I am not a troll. That, still, you want me to go away is another kettle of fish, really, and just puts the immaturity of certain characters in here, like yourself, on display.

Back
Top Bottom