Summer 2018 transfer window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Everyone is a Barrios expert having seen 3 games at the World Cup!

Personally I thought he was good in all three games, one of the reasons they looked the best team for the majority of the game against Japan was largely down to him as Colombia played the entire game with 10men, we all saw how good Japan were technically as a team when they played Belgium and he disrupted their ability to get on the ball which enabled Columbia to control the majority of that game. Against England he covered every blade of grass and I fucking love a snide.

But if you want to learn more about a player then best actually listen and read from those that have watched him closely:
Scouting Spotlight - Wilmar Barrios (Boca Juniors, Colombia)
Wilmar Barrios Plus 10 As Boca Juniors Find A New No 5
Three Reasons Boca Juniors Are Superliga Champions

He's got a bloody good engine on him. Against Japan he was their best player - everywhere.

If Poch can knock the silly out of him (as evidenced against us) i think he'll be a good purchase. Maybe Davinson can show him around and keep him level-headed.

He's got a bloody good engine on him. Against Japan he was their best player - everywhere.

If Poch can knock the silly out of him (as evidenced against us) i think he'll be a good purchase. Maybe Davinson can show him around and keep him level-headed.
I don't think what he did against us was silly, it was snide and I fucking love that, I want more of that.

He should have been sent off. It was silly and he was lucky to stay on. Henderson should have been sent off for crimes against acting though...
No chance, the only thing that makes it's look bad is Henderson's reaction (which I also have no problem with BTW) but takeaway his reaction and it's barely a yellow, it certainly would have gone unnoticed had Henderson and his team mates not made a thing of it.

Everyone is a Barrios expert having seen 3 games at the World Cup!

Personally I thought he was good in all three games, one of the reasons they looked the best team for the majority of the game against Japan was largely down to him as Colombia played the entire game with 10men, we all saw how good Japan were technically as a team when they played Belgium and he disrupted their ability to get on the ball which enabled Columbia to control the majority of that game. Against England he covered every blade of grass and I fucking love a snide.

But if you want to learn more about a player then best actually listen and read from those that have watched him closely:
Scouting Spotlight - Wilmar Barrios (Boca Juniors, Colombia)
Wilmar Barrios Plus 10 As Boca Juniors Find A New No 5
Three Reasons Boca Juniors Are Superliga Champions

If this isn't a player that ticks all the boxes for Poch then i don't know who does.

Barrios is a very quick midfielder who pressures the opponent very high and recovers the ball nine out of ten times. He is also in charge of stopping an opponent’s counter attack and initiating an attack with very quick passing. He is a horse in the midfield with a tremendous work rate.

Brings a whole new concept to the art of man marking, and Henderson would vouch for that, Sign the little fucker.

Sissoko has a bloody good engine on him.

I want a Danny Blanchflower, an Ossie Ardilles, a Michael Carrick, a Luca Modric running ting in central midfield, not a bloody good engine.

Because I don't support Barnsley

We know all about Henderson, but what of Barrios.
giphy.gif

Sissoko has a bloody good engine on him.

I want a Danny Blanchflower, an Ossie Ardilles, a Michael Carrick, a Luca Modric running ting in central midfield, not a bloody good engine.

Because I don't support Barnsley

Well, yeah, of course. I am not suggesting that Barrios would be bought for that kind of role. :dembelefingers:

Back
Top Bottom