Toby Alderweireld

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You still seem to be mixing up winning th CL final and losing it as the same thing

3rd is better than 4th regardless of what you prefer
No, I’m not mixing it up.

But if we finished 4th, but won the CL, FA Cup and League Cup next season, I’d say that was better than finishing 3rd. So it’s not better, regardless.

However, if you want to look at our league position in isolation, it is better. MUCH better.

Also everyone was so desperate to finish 3rd, now people acting like it meant nothing to finish above them.
Actually I don't think they we're. Certainly not the more reasoned among us. We we're desperate to finish top 4. Of course we were.
But I don't think most of us were that bothered wether it was in 3rd or 4th.
I certainly wasn't.
I think you're exaggerating again to suit your agenda.

Seemingly some have forgotten us wiping the floor with Madrid,.
I think most people have forgotten we wiped the floor with Madrid.
Because at the end of the day it meant nothing more than 1 great night at Wembley. We fell at the next hurdle while they went on to win the thing.

How about 3rd and a CL QF versus 6th and a League Cup, FA Cup, Europa League treble? (The Gerard Houillier Special)
That's a minefield. Financially the 1st ones better but it would be so nice to win trophies for a change so I'd have to go with the houllier special.

No, I’m not mixing it up.

But if we finished 4th, but won the CL, FA Cup and League Cup next season, I’d say that was better than finishing 3rd. So it’s not better, regardless.

However, if you want to look at our league position in isolation, it is better. MUCH better.

I said its better regardless of what you prefer.

You have tried to paint the picture that 3rd is only better because you prefer the PL to the CL. It has zero to do with that. Losing the CL final and coming 4th is the only thing Ive compared our season to, so not sure why your banging on about doing a cup treble now.

I really hope he doesn't get sold to United because they would be fucking good with him at the back, even if it does inflate our balance by 75m I'm not sure it's worth us finishing below them.

So, Toby looks like he's off then???

A definite maybe ?

[@ESPN] understands Man Utd are ‘on the brink of succumbing’ to Tottenham Hotspur’s minimum fee demand for Toby Alderweireld. These claims are now backed up by Belgian paper [Het Laatste] which suggests a €79.8million transfer could be ‘tied up’ in the coming days. #THFC #COYSpic.twitter.com/2BA499COED

DfVoHBIX0AAuTut.jpg

A definite maybe ?

[@ESPN] understands Man Utd are ‘on the brink of succumbing’ to Tottenham Hotspur’s minimum fee demand for Toby Alderweireld. These claims are now backed up by Belgian paper [Het Laatste] which suggests a €79.8million transfer could be ‘tied up’ in the coming days. #THFC #COYSpic.twitter.com/2BA499COED

DfVoHBIX0AAuTut.jpg
I'll just be glad when this saga is over and done with, one way or the other. I was bored with it about 100 pages ago. It has given Eastenders a run for it's money.

Oh just go. Don't want to spend any more time in this window with a 'will he, won't he' he's not a loyal person so if he stayed this window, we'd have the same next window.
Lets get the deal done and will still have enough time to spend the money wisely.

A definite maybe ?

DfVoHBIX0AAuTut.jpg
Lol United's "if you don't drop your price we're moving to other targets" stance lasted a whole 2 days. Their desperation really is laughable.

If I was Daniel, I'd up the price, just to annoy them.
Still so disappointed we haven't pushed them further on Martial. Really doesn't sit well that they can just walk in demanding we sell one of our most important players whilst not even appearing to contemplate selling one of their bit part players to us. The sense of entitlement is just sickening.

Oh just go. Don't want to spend any more time in this window with a 'will he, won't he' he's not a loyal person so if he stayed this window, we'd have the same next window.
Lets get the deal done and will still have enough time to spend the money wisely.
But we never spend money wisely. That’s why I want him to stay

Back
Top Bottom