Toby Alderweireld

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Thats a decent call tbh. Especially as he's better than Van Dick
He is you are right. Levy and potch should call him in the office, sit him down. Say there you go, there is a cheque for 10 million quid. Stay here for the next three seasons . Then off you go to wherever you want .

But we won’t do that. We will sell him to Utd for 50 million, then we will waste it on utter shite as usual

75,000,000 for a 30 year old with injury problems is fucking incredible.

Vertonghen and Sanchez are completely fine. As long as we get a solid centre half in, who is happy to play a part in the project, we will be fine.

We've had one of the best defensive records over the last few years. With or without Toby.

That’s funny because you said they had a better season than us
It's not really funny because I havent mentioned Liverpool. I gave an honest answer to the following question.
Would you rather finish 4th and reach a champions league final, or finish third and go out when we did.
If that equates to sucking off Liverpool, then you're even more dense than I previously thought.

Vertonghen and Sanchez are completely fine. As long as we get a solid centre half in, who is happy to play a part in the project, we will be fine.

We've had one of the best defensive records over the last few years. With or without Toby.

There is no one who genuinely believes we should not sell for that, and then let him walk for 25M in 12 months.
At this stage, its all face saving on their part.....thankfully Levy and Pochettino aren't as fucking stupid as some of our fans.

There is no one who genuinely believes we should not sell for that, and then let him walk for 25M in 12 months.
At this stage, its all face saving on their part.....thankfully Levy and Pochettino aren't as fucking stupid as some of our fans.
I think you'll find there's plenty of fans, proper Spurs fans just like you, who genuinely do believe we should not be selling to United. At any price

It's not really funny because I havent mentioned Liverpool. I gave an honest answer to the following question.
Would you rather finish 4th and reach a champions league final, or finish third and go out when we did.
If that equates to sucking off Liverpool, then you're even more dense than I previously thought.

Yes, so as I said, you think they had a better season. By finishing below us and winning nothing.
As I said, its obvious why you "think" that.....its because you cant say we had a better season after lauding and championing the spend spend spend policy of our rivals.

In your world, we shouldnt be above Liverpool. or Chelsea, or Woolwich.

They spend more on transfers and wages, yet here we are.....so it makes it easier for you to claim Liverpool have achieved more than us (by coming behind us, and losing a cup final)

I think you'll find there's plenty of fans, proper Spurs fans just like you, who genuinely do believe we should not be selling to United. At any price

Maybe Kanes new contract was dependent on the Toby money....wasnt you lauding it just days ago?

I told you then that you would be slagging off the club within no time. Oh look, here we go...

Maybe Kanes new contract was dependent on the Toby money....wasnt you lauding it just days ago?
I know that new contract for Kane must have really stung you Sammy. Smashed to pieces eveything you ever argued for with your constant campaign for promoting the kids instead of breaking our outdated wage structure and paying our players a comparable packet to their peers. It seems you're still smarting. Making false claims then backtracking etc...You're all over the place in this thread mate.
Let me just say it again. Having the honest opinion that finishing 4th and reaching the CL final equates to a better season than just finishing 3rd does not mean I'm sucking off Liverpool.
As it happens I think we had a great season under the circumstances and qualifying for the Champions League was a marvellous achievment. I said so at the time and I'll find the post to prove it if you really want me to

I told you then that you would be slagging off the club within no time. Oh look, here we go...
I applaud the club when I think it merits praise. As you rightly pointed out I did with the Kane contract.
I'll also criticise or argue against decisions I disagree with. Such as a potential sale of Toby Alderweirald to a direct rival.

We don't all have to blindly suck up to every decision the club ever makes, like you do.
All fans, of all teams, agree and disagree with decisions and policies of their clubs. And forums like these are here for us to express those views. TFC isnt, and hopefully never will be, the lovey dovey appreciation society you seem to wish for

I know that new contract for Kane must have really stung you Sammy. Smashed to pieces eveything you ever argued for with your constant campaign for promoting the kids instead of breaking our outdated wage structure and paying our players a comparable packet to their peers. It seems you're still smarting. Making false claims then backtracking etc...

Kanes contract is spending within our means though, Ive never had a problem with us doing that....you are still avoiding the fact that Kanes contract has come at a time when we are going to move into the new stadium that you said was never going to be built and everyone that believed it would be was a fool.

You seem to be stuck in some kind of weird purgatory.....torn between lauding us and our spending, and lauding Liverpool and Chelsea's spending while slagging us off. When it suits you, you try and claim to be an advocate of our policy and ethics. Tomorrow you'll be calling Levy a cunt again though.

Let me just say it again. Having the honest opinion that finishing 4th and reaching the CL final equates to a better season than just finishing 3rd does not mean I'm sucking off Liverpool.
As it happens I think we had a great season under the circumstances and qualifying for the Champions League was a marvellous achievment. I said so at the time and I'll find the post to prove it if you really want me to

And this is the evidence of what I just said......the team that came below us, you think did better than us....then you say we had a marvelous season.....then you say the chairman is a tight cunt and he's tricked and shafted the manager with our targets......then you say being brave is about signing loads of big money players....then you say taking risks means paying Kane more.....then you say we are a shambles if we sell Toby......

You're a farce and a joke

That's how I see it.. 70/75m is crazy money, yes he's a good player but want's to play for who offers him best wages. Do we really need a 30 year old with that attitude?

Only a theory but what about the idea that Toby wants more than Harry, Dele, Jan, Christian, Hugo etc were on and was offered it but a deal wasn’t announced yet as that would have made him top earner / earners
. it’s a case now of announcing new contracts in order of highest , expect Poch , followed by Harry , Then Christian and Dele , Followed by Hugo, Jan , Toby and Sonny and Moussa , Keeps everyone happy and instills a status in the club depending on earning. Just a thought ,

You seem to be stuck in some kind of weird purgatory.....torn between lauding us and our spending, and lauding Liverpool and Chelsea's spending while slagging us off.
Here we go again. I haven't mentioned Liverpool or Chelsea's spending once. :memeokay:

You're falling apart and seeing things that ain't there.

I really don't think man utd will pay that for him. 55m is much more realistic.

He is you are right. Levy and potch should call him in the office, sit him down. Say there you go, there is a cheque for 10 million quid. Stay here for the next three seasons . Then off you go to wherever you want .

But we won’t do that. We will sell him to Utd for 50 million, then we will waste it on utter shite as usual

No you’re right - we won’t do that.

Mainly because I don’t think any of our players get given a cheque up front for the next three years.
Not even those big novelty ones, although maybe that’s something they could do instead of the usual signing a contract photo. Good idea.

Btw £10million for the next three years is only an extra £64,102 a week and he wants quite a bit more than that so even in this bizarre scenario you have imagined he would probably tell them to fuck off anyway.

:dembelelol:

Back
Top Bottom