Toby Alderweireld

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

unless you win the final it’s pointless getting there, so Even though Liverpool got to the final, as they lost it I would see our season as more successful.......
Yeah, its a big distraction & takes more energy away as well. & you have a massive prize taken away from you right at the end. On the other hand you get more ££ & big finals/game experience.
Also, if next year we lose in the CL final you would be a brave boy to say that achievement was pointless. I was quite proud of us getting out of our tricky group even though it could be seen as pointless.

I think we need Champions League Football for sustained growth and development, via any route and any opportunity.
Yeah top 4 is obviously the main thing. I am not that bothered that utd finished ahead of us in 2nd. 2nd-4th isn't really a big difference. Just a bit of pride.

Yeah top 4 is obviously the main thing. I am not that bothered that utd finished ahead of us in 2nd. 2nd-4th isn't really a big difference. Just a bit of pride.
...and prize money including how big a cut you get from the CL money the following season...getting 3rd instead of 4th made us an extra £50M this season.

Yeah, its a big distraction & takes more energy away as well. & you have a massive prize taken away from you right at the end. On the other hand you get more ££ & big finals/game experience.
Also, if next year we lose in the CL final you would be a brave boy to say that achievement was pointless. I was quite proud of us getting out of our tricky group even though it could be seen as pointless.

I think Klopp got a easy ride from the media for losing the final, if that was us, again it would be spurs bottle it when it matters, but because it’s liverpool it’s a good achievement getting to the final, I would take 4th and the CL final though as I reckon we would win it, simply because we are not reliant on one player, if Kane went off injured in the final we still have enough to win.....

What would people prefer next season,
3rd or 4th & CL final? I'd say 3rd because that's what we got this season. But if next season we get 4th & CL final then that is better.
im confused. you would prefer 3rd, but think 4th and the champions league final is better.
so you would prefer something you think is worse.

im confused. you would prefer 3rd, but think 4th and the champions league final is better.
so you would prefer something you think is worse.
It was tongue in cheek basically saying whatever we got is better than what liverpool got. If liverpool get 3rd next season & we get 4th & CL final then I will think 4th & CL final is better.

...and prize money including how big a cut you get from the CL money the following season...getting 3rd instead of 4th made us an extra £50M this season.
I didn't think you made that much more from finishing 3rd compared to 4th.
Interesting... & good because it means there's more than just pride as a reward for finishing higher.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom