Summer 2018 transfer window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Part of me thinks the club may have briefed journalists that we have no interest/chance of signing Bale to dampen down expectations, but perhaps privately discussions are still going on in the background...

Here's hoping
:avbpray:

Never going to die huh

2bb3f1.jpg

That's not how clubs work. As long as you are fit and a player for Spurs and not banished from the training ground for disciplinary reasons you are expected to do your job. Which the majority of the time, is train.

As I said, deals collapse all the time. Especially with Levy. And trust me, if what you say were true, we'd have heard it from Harry Redknapp or Tim Sherwood by now.

No one is comparing him to Judas.
Levy likes the green thats why!

I wouldn't be interested in seeing him being brought back to the club he refused to play for, let alone become the highest paid. Harry deserves to have the right to be the top earner, as he's done more for Spurs than Bale did, and ever will do.

If that upsets some in here then before you start to flame me please understand that i really don't give a fuck.
We allready know that!

Part of me thinks the club may have briefed journalists that we have no interest/chance of signing Bale to dampen down expectations, but perhaps privately discussions are still going on in the background...

Here's hoping
:avbpray:

I think the conversation is probably goes like this...

Levy: How much for Bale?
Bale's Agent: More than you can possibly afford
Levy: Well I can offer him game time
Bale's Agent: Game time doesn't pay £400k a week does it?
Levy: No, but I have a cheese room, it's like Willy Wonka, but with Cheese instead of Chocolate and the Willy Wonka chap is definitely not a paedophile, though he does smell a bit.
Bale's Agent: I'm listening..

As you might tell, I have real ITK potential...

Really funny reasoning as well. We'll be able to promise game time. Literally every side except Real Madrid could promise Bale gametime.
I think there are a few other good reasons for him to sign for us though.
We are the club where he became a superstar. He clearly has us close to his heart.
London. Always a factor.
Shiny massive new stadium to christen.
A fanbase that will idolize and adore him from day one.
Champions league football.
Ben Davies.
And we are Spurs after all. A bigger name than a lot of our mostly younger fans appreciate, unfortunately

I think there are a few other good reasons for him to sign for us though.
We are the club where he became a superstar. He clearly has us close to his heart.
London. Always a factor.
Shiny massive new stadium to christen.
A fanbase that will idolize and adore him from day one.
Champions league football.
Ben Davies.
And we are Spurs after all. A bigger name than a lot of our mostly younger fans appreciate, unfortunately
I remember when he wished Woolwich good luck in the F.A. Cup and didn't say anything until weeks later about the last day at WHL.

I'm just sayin'. I don't think he loves Spurs as much as you think. I think appreciates is the better word.

Ryan Mason loves us.

I remember when he wished Woolwich good luck in the F.A. Cup and didn't say anything until weeks later about the last day at WHL.

I'm just sayin'. I don't think he loves Spurs as much as you think. I think appreciates is the better word.

Ryan Mason loves us.
Well it still leaves the other good reasons I posted. And I also think he genuinely appreciates the fact we made him into the player he is today..
I thought Ryan Mason was a Chelsea fan btw. Although he too clearly appreciates Spurs as the club that gave him his chance.

Ryan Mason loves us.
spot on
He does not "love spurs" and unless we find a shit load of buried treasure on the stadium site and start throwing 2 to 300k a week on wages he will not be joining us
We are seemingly about to lose one of the best centre backs in the world because we won't pay him a figure that I strongly assume is less than Bale would be asking
Bale is not happening , I can't even begin to understand how this is still a discussion

I remember when he wished Woolwich good luck in the F.A. Cup and didn't say anything yyuntil weeks later about the last day at WHL.

Ryan Mason loves us.
If Bale comes back and helps us to win the PL he will be appreciated a million times more than at Madrid

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom