Toby Alderweireld

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Poch has made his position clear, I think.
Either
1- Toby hasn’t recovered from his injuries & that’s why he’s not being played
2- He rates Sanchez more highly and that’s why he’s not being played.
Now before you say “how is Poch making his position clear if there is an either or scenario” Poch position is that he has only played Toby a couple of times to remind the footballing world that he still exists.
Whether people like it or not, our manager,who has just signed a 5 year contract, made it very clear last half of the season that Toby Alderweireld is not our number one RCB right now. Whether it’s because he is crocked, or because he cannot get up to Sanchez’s level is immaterial. Poch could not have made it clearer that we can do fine without him. 14 games unbeaten is proof that he’s right too.
If he doesn’t want to play for the shirt and Sir Mauricio, then I genuinely could not a fuck give.
Take the £75 million & reinvest in signings &/or raising the salaries of those who have earned it, rather than caving in to a bloke who has been earning £65k a WEEK for sitting on his arse for the past 6 months and refusing to agree a double your money agreement because he thinks he deserves more.
Fuck him off if he won’t sign.
In Poch We Trust.

Sorry but I don’t think Poch or anyone else has made anything clear

Agree on trusting Poch though

A third explanation though, as I explained previously, could be that Poch has been reassured that any players sold will be replaced by a player of equal measure and ability. Rather than prospects purchased with sell on value as the overriding factor. As I said, we'll see what transpires over the next few weeks. Poch doesn't come across as a guy purely motivated by a pay increase, so I'm hoping, as you must also be, that Levy has finally decided to give him the financial backing he deserves.
You use hypotheticals constantly to justify real life happenings.

Occam's Razor, my man.

Sorry but I don’t think Poch or anyone else has made anything clear

Agree on trusting Poch though
He has barely played him this season. So he’s either unfit, or fallen behind Davinson in the pecking order. Or both? There is another possibility that Poch feels betrayed that Toby hasn’t signed a contract that would have doubled his money and has indicated to Poch that he wants away? Pochettino demands loyalty from his players. I think we have seen how he treats those who betray his trust. And I think he is dead right to expect 100% in return for what he has done for the players in terms of their development.

As if you're any different. It's just a web forum Arc. People use it for many reasons. Don't take it so serious getting wound up by people simply reading it, their usernames, obsession with ''Multis" etc.

Repeat after me...it's just a forum. We all enjoy it for different reasons.
Never claimed otherwise - who are you to validate my experience anyway?

Never claimed otherwise - who are you to validate my experience anyway?
Same as you with Sammy. Who are any of us? You're just so frothy and angry all the time, man.

I'm SchmoodSpur/Spursdem.

3rd username suggestions being taken forthwith from the TFC massive.

In before Pleb suggests Steve Smith, Nsfb suggests cunt and John suggests Kyle Walker.

What's your deal, pal? Weren't you like Sammy taking a break in the summer? Guess what - you can and neither can he - hey ho. Next question
I’m just bored at work....I’m done in 45 minutes though.

Just found it amusing to see all the people who were enraged about selling Toby now lapping it up because it’s what Poch wants

What's your deal, pal? Weren't you like Sammy taking a break in the summer? Guess what - you can and neither can he - hey ho. Next question
I did take a break mate. Was nice enough. Then arguably the biggest Spurs news since we moved stadium dropped, Poch signed, so I'm loving Spurs life once more and am full of pep.

Why does it matter if we can or can't take a break? And it's obvious Sammy can. He didn't post for over a year. You on t'other hand. Getting bothered by usernames and multis.

I’m just bored at work....I’m done in 45 minutes though.

Just found it amusing to see all the people who were enraged about selling Toby now lapping it up because it’s what Poch wants
I found most of what you post amusing - doesn't mean you're less of a fan

Back
Top Bottom