Toby Alderweireld

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Player swaps never happen in the PL. This Martial stuff is bollocks. However badly they might want Alderweireld, they won’t sell Martial to us. It just ain’t going to happen.

I can see Alderweireld stuck here next season with no offers.

Snachez and Mhkhikiki say hello ..... might not happen and he might still be here ... who knows? .... always best to be positive, feck who knows Poch may not go to RM/Chelsea/Barca ... he might even sign a five year contract and stay with us ....

Snachez and Mhkhikiki say hello ..... might not happen and he might still be here ... who knows? .... always best to be positive, feck who knows Poch may not go to RM/Chelsea/Barca ... he might even sign a five year contract and stay with us ....

What are you on about? Who is Mhkhikiki?

Last edited:
Sorry, I don't get this.

If it was insane selling Toby to a direct rival yesterday, it's still insane today.

Pochettino's new contract is still fantastic news, no doubt about it, but I don't see as it changes anything regarding what our selling policy should be.

It means that you can slate Levy for half a year before Toby is even sold, but the minute it becomes obvious that Poch is calling the shots on this one, you take back everything you posted since January and backtrack your entire opinion because that way you don’t have say any nasty things about the manager.

Poch decisions are good
Levy decisions are bad

It’s a bit like pulling up the handbrake and chucking a “U-ey” in the middle of Nuremberg on race day.

It means that you can slate Levy for half a year before Toby is even sold, but the minute it becomes obvious that Poch is calling the shots on this one, you take back everything you posted since January and backtrack your entire opinion because that way you don’t have say any nasty things about the manager.

Poch decisions are good
Levy decisions are bad

It’s a bit like pulling up the handbrake and chucking a “U-ey” in the middle of Nuremberg on race day.
Ahh. Thanks for clarifying things on my behalf Sammy.
:adethumbup:

Ahh. Thanks for clarifying things on my behalf Sammy.
:adethumbup:

There is no other explanation though.
You have called the sale of Toby an embarrassment, a disgrace, small time, putting money before trophies, crapping on the fans etc etc

Now the penny dropped and you finally realise its Pochs choice, you want us to get top whack for him and its all good.

You have called the sale of Toby an embarrassment, a disgrace, small time, putting money before trophies, crapping on the fans etc etc

Now the penny dropped and you finally realise its Pochs choice, you want us to get top whack for him and its all good.
'I'm out there enjoying my summer'

:goonermong::goonermong::goonermong:

A third explanation though, as I explained previously, could be that Poch has been reassured that any players sold will be replaced by a player of equal measure and ability. Rather than prospects purchased with sell on value as the overriding factor. As I said, we'll see what transpires over the next few weeks. Poch doesn't come across as a guy purely motivated by a pay increase, so I'm hoping, as you must also be, that Levy has finally decided to give him the financial backing he deserves.

A third explanation though, as I explained previously, could be that Poch has been reassured that any players sold will be replaced by a player of equal measure and ability. Rather than prospects purchased with sell on value as the overriding factor. As I said, we'll see what transpires over the next few weeks. Poch doesn't come across as a guy purely motivated by a pay increase, so I'm hoping, as you must also be, that Levy has finally decided to give him the financial backing he deserves.
back the manager
spend big
"taking risks"
"crazy"
crisis talks
"be brave"
spend big
ultimatums
"can't invest crazy money"
back the manager
"continue to stick to our principles"
war chests
"We both share the same philosophies"
spend big and back the manager
azBhD9l.jpg

'I'm out there enjoying my summer'

:goonermong::goonermong::goonermong:

I’ve made about 4 posts in ten days....also factor in I don’t have Twitter, instagram, Facebook, and don’t post on or read any other forums.

My summer is great, it’s been 20-25 degrees for about three weeks now, no sign of letting up either.

Enjoy legoland.org and following Anthony Martial around though

Last edited:
I'm pissing myself with laughter mate, watching you flip-flop all over the place. I've nothing to melt about, happy as Larry. You on the other hand are in melt down over Toby "humiliated" incandescent rage. Only to then swing 180 degrees and it must be fine because Poch knows best. LOL
#puppetonastring
You sure? You're not coming across that way.

I’ve been made about 4 posts in ten days....also factor in I don’t have Twitter, instagram, Facebook, and don’t post on or read any other forums.
You were here every single day during your last 2 weeks in the bin 'looking in' - said it yourself. This place is your life - denial is the stage 1

You were here every single day during your last 2 weeks in the bin 'looking in' - said it yourself. This place is your life - denial is the stage 1
As if you're any different. It's just a web forum Arc. People use it for many reasons. Don't take it so serious getting wound up by people simply reading it, their usernames, obsession with ''Multis" etc.

Repeat after me...it's just a forum. We all enjoy it for different reasons.

Back
Top Bottom