Which game gave you the most satisfaction last season?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Which game gave you the most personal satisfaction last season?

• Home V L'arse

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Home V Dippers

Votes: 5 12.2%
  • Home V Dortmund

• Home V Real Madrid

Votes: 11 26.8%
  • Home V Manure

• Away V Dortmund

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Away V Real Madrid

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Away V Chavs

Votes: 17 41.5%
  • Away V Dippers

Votes: 3 7.3%
  • Away V Spam

• Away V Juve

• Total voters
Wasn't really a game, but that ten minutes in the second Juve game when it looked as if we might. The feeling of elation and thoughts of "what a team". Surpassed any of the other games for me.
However, us being us, this elation was followed by despair.
Anyway here's to next season, an injury free World Cup, some re-inforcements and the new stadium.
We have a lot to be proud of, after all, there's only one club...

Beating RM was amazing but we still survived rather than demolished. Loved the Manutd and Juventus wins when we destroyed them. Chelsea away felt great too.

We didnt win any trophies and all, so thats a bit of a downer, but looking back at it , been a very decent season filled with some unexpected wins.

There are a lot of obvious candidates but I would like to put in an honourable second tier award, Bournemouth away .

We started terribly could have easily lost the game in the first 20 minutes, lost Harry Kane to injury and despite all of this we ran out comfortable winners in the end. would of course rate Manchester United at home, Juve away or Chelsea away above it but there is something quite special and satisfying for us to turn an utter train wreck in to a win.

Liverpool away.

For me, all of the obvious games were fantastic achievements, Dortmund, Madrid, Manure and the dippers home games and the way we ripped the Chavs up at the home of obnoxiousness.
But my personal favourite was away to the grief monkeys.
We gifted them a goal head start - and then set about dismantling them piece by piece. Their wonderful attacking team that put every team to the sword, including the runaway league leaders, was made to look like the away team, where we outplayed, and out fought them, had better possession (66%), territory and more shots on goal than them (double) and scored probably the goal of the season.
We gave them hope they didn't deserve when Salah scored that (admittedly excellent) goal in injury time and made their fans despair when Harry got the penalty to level things.
When it was saved, dippers fans around the world must have been lowering their trousers and reaching for the kleenex, and you could sense the smugness factor rising, like the heat of a hot summer night.
The satisfaction comes from the anguish, turning to bilious indignation and utter outrage as the second penalty went in, knowing that their pleasure turned to rage and their erections collapsed like a pile of jenga bricks.

If there's a god, she was wearing a Spurs shirt that night.

Schadenfreude at its very best.
and they have never got over it. neither their players, or their support.Thats whytheir are the constant childish digs from their players. they know that when it came to it, we battered them. (even if we didnt gub them for a second time)
because they know that at our best, we are simply better than them

Of all the games I went to this year (all of which were immense dominant performances except for Juve H and Burnley back in August), I’m gonna day Sunday v Leicester

Simply because it served as a reminder of how far we have come since playing like that under Ossie, and that in itself elevates United, RM, Dortmund results and atmospheres (as ones attended)

Chelsea result last month was laying a hoodoo to rest, but set a benchmark also for how far we’ve come

Although the unmitigated levels of salt still being poured today and the fact that if the Pen had not been given would be a 4 point swing and put us 4th, has made the dipper result at Victimsfield just sweeter

The unbridle joy at Chelsea and the Dippers was fantastic, but for me it was Real Madrid.
The supposedly best team in the world was humbled by a Spurs team echoing the Glory glory European nights, under the lights.
It was almost like being home again.

For me has to be Chelsea away. Had never done Stamford Bridge away as refused to pay the exorbitant ticket prices and was usually on the box. Fuck me what a day. Fully grown people being launched through the away end as the goals went in. After Dele 2nd goal I ended up 2 rows in front of where I'd started. Wonderful stuff.

Liverpool away simply because of how amusing it was reading the dipper meltdowns.

From a purely sporting perspective, it has to be both Real Madrid matches.

Game I was at was Woolwich.

That was a 6nil game in everything but scoreline with some Lamela shithousery thrown in.
Absolutely dominated them. Should have been an absolute thrashing but to watch us be on such a different level to them felt great.

Game I wasn’t at - Chavs away. Great result from all aspects but especially historically with us failing to win there for so long.
And really it confirmed CL football that day.

Winning against Woolwich takes some beating for me. But, great season having done the dippers, manure and RM. Superb atmosphere at all those games.

Real Madrid at Wembley.

Followed by:-
Juventus away (that was a truly brilliant and fearless performance, to be 2 down in the first team mins agist a side that doesn't concede goals on their own turf, to play in the way that we did - our way and have them hanging on, but also deal with their threat on the counter, that was always present. Fantastic performance.

Man U home - Utter domination

Woolwich home - Utter domination, only disappointment was the score, should have been 8-0.

Chelsea away - Their biggest game of their season, the one they get up for (plus they are a good side)

Real Madrid away. The first 10mins aside we held our own, and edged the game post 10mins (fair result across the 90mins).

Dortmund home - They were fucking good team when this game took place, don't think they had conceded a goal and had averaged scoring 4 goals. They dominated the possession but we sat in and restricted them to few opportunities. We played a thrilling counter attack game and were ruthless with each attack. This showed a maturity and in game management not seen too often from this young side.

Liverpool away - A game we should have won given the domination we displayed in the 2nd half (they had 1 shot all half and scored from it). BUT rather than get drawn down the analysis on this game we took the piss, we destroyed a fanbase that have still not gotten over it. Beautiful.

For different reasons and different context the last game of the season against Leicester. We showed refusal to be beaten, we showed that even though we had already secured a top 4 spot, that they wanted to secured higher and finish 3rd. It was the very opposite the the Newcastle away debacle.

Back
Top Bottom