WBA (A) 5th May.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This morning hurts like thinking yesterday was a bad dream... and then you realise it HAPPENED.

The ONLY solace is we have TWO games to put it right...
Which we'd better fucking had!

Good news is that when your chasing a top spot and needing a win to ensure you finish above a hated rival it’s always nice to have Newcastle next......

No way I can imagine a Tottenham team playing them and getting beat. No way, never. Our players are not that much of a bunch of cunts are they ? :dembele: (5-1)
Brilliant typical spurs...that 5-1 score still annoys me and please not again ffs. ....

Am rewatching the match as I am a masochist (and single atm- no life, clearly).

1st Half:
-Eriksen was magnificent in CM. Want to see him in this role more often.
-Lamela was fucking awful as a RAM- consistenly out of position- turned up pretty much everywhere on the pitch except the right front of our attack, where he was ostensibly supposed to be. In a top 3, you're our wide outlet, buddy.
-Wanyama's touch and passing was almost non-existent. Played a cringeworthy hospital ball to Toby and ended our attacks two other times with utter lack of passing skill.
-Jan getting forward is nice but it's really just a cherry on top and should not be relied upon for attacking play. Why? Because hes just not better at it than any other replacement attacker would be.
-Sanchez was BAD. He played shit possession losing passes at least twice, and was poor at aerial clearances, failing to clear danger when he should have. Combined with Jans relative ineffectiveness getting forward, really should have started Jan and Toby in a back 4.
-James MacClean should have been yellow'ed by the end of 45'.
-Kane should have scored around 28'. He instead hit the side of Ben Foster's head. Didn't offer a lot though otherwise- and nothing in the air, at least against Brums packed back line.

Wanyama the beast that once was, looks a shadow of his former self. Getting pushed around and isn't commaning his position as he used to. I think he cleared it for the corner that they scored from. Yes poor passing generally

You forget lamela's inability to kick the ball first time. He should have scored but the extra touch killed it. He runs and gets into shooting or crossing positions and takes too long. Maybe he just needs to be saved for when its late and we are a goal or two in front. Moura should have started or sonny.

Sanchez only weakness for me is his ability to deal with anything in the air when one one one.

Was yesterday the right match or even the right time to go 3 at the back?! Against westbrom, I wonder. By doing so Vert ventured forward and got injured, I have blocked football since 5pm yesterday till now so no idea how serious injury.
I just want 4th, forget 3rd for now. The good thing liverpool also are vulnerable and have to fight a result against chelski, surely they can't rely on the last match or even beating RM to ensure CL next season.

The players seem to think our season finished 20 minutes into the semi-final. You’d think that after the drama of the CL campaign this season they’d be desperate to be back in it again.
I just wonder what the manager keeps telling them.

Overall, we were utterly shit.

Bad attitude, no tempo and no real plan.

We can abuse Rose all we please, but at least he gave a shit. Kind of vindicates some of his gobbing off, if you angle it at games like this.

If Liverpool draw or lose tonight and we win our last two games we are third right? FA Cup semi-final, great results in the champions league, third in the league. Pretty fantastic season in our year away from home

Was yesterday the right match or even the right time to go 3 at the back?! Against westbrom, I wonder. By doing so Vert ventured forward and got injured, I have blocked football since 5pm yesterday till now so no idea how serious injury.
I just want 4th, forget 3rd for now. The good thing liverpool also are vulnerable and have to fight a result against chelski, surely they can't rely on the last match or even beating RM to ensure CL next season.

Whatever lineup or formation we would have played would not have made a difference. If the players dont fight against a team fighting for their lives then ww aren't going to win. We still play the same slow possession game and it never works against teams like this. As i said in other posts it looks obvious that people are saving themselves for the world cup. Way we've been playing in the league generally (city, brighton, Watford) made me think we were gna fuck this up. Wba executed the perfect game plan . Keep it at 0-0 and nick one off a set piece. They wanted it more than us. Simple. No matter what the formation or line up. If they arent willing to fight then we arent going to win. I am a bit fed up of hearing poch say we werent aggressive or clinical. Then fucking make sure thats worked on. Play faster against a team like this. Dont play safe 70%+ possession football. take advantage of when we win the ball back off an opposition attack and go for them! Its up to him!

If Liverpool draw or lose tonight and we win our last two games we are third right? FA Cup semi-final, great results in the champions league, third in the league. Pretty fantastic season in our year away from home
We are not getting the due credit here as you said we were playing “away” games every week had a decent CL campaign back-to-back F.A Cup semi-finals and we’ve have our own destiny in our own hands two games to set up for next season there are far more positives than negatives,though you wouldn’t think it with some of the posts on here!

We are not getting the due credit here as you said we were playing “away” games every week had a decent CL campaign back-to-back F.A Cup semi-finals and we’ve have our own destiny in our own hands two games to set up for next season there are far more positives than negatives,though you wouldn’t think it with some of the posts on here!

Yes you are right but it should not have come down to desperation like this. Maybe fans would take being in this position with 2 games to go at the start of the season but 4 games ago we were 10 clear. Ok its 5 now but i fully expect Chelsea to win to get it to 2 points. Its in the script . Its going to happen. Our players meanwhile have been on holidays or saving themselves for the world cup for the last couple of weeks.

I agree Lets wait til its over before assesing it. As finishing 5th will render all that irrelevant.

Yes you are right but it should not have come down to desperation like this. Maybe fans would take being in this position with 2 games to go at the start of the season but 4 games ago we were 10 clear. Ok its 5 now but i fully expect Chelsea to win to get it to 2 points. Its in the script . Its going to happen. Our players meanwhile have been on holidays or saving themselves for the world cup for the last couple of weeks.
Definitely we’ve made an easy run-in far more difficult and far more stressful than it should/need to be! But there we have it so we just need to get on with it and make sure we’re not the fall guys for the summer!

Back
Top Bottom