WBA (A) 5th May.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I bet tonight has caused more unnecessary rows in 'Spurs supporting' households than ANY other weekend this season!

The PLAYERS and management need to know how their lacklustre attitude affects the loyal fans who give a fucking shit!

...and yes, I've just had an unnecessary row that didn't need to happen.

Thank you Spurs... thanks a fucking bunch

...pricks!
Hahaha, same here.

:tobyarm::dembelefingers::vdvshh:

Poor showing today, again, lacking imagination and movement to break down a stubborn defense. All too slow from the start as usual and need to question their mental strength at the tail end of another season. 2 games remaining, 6 points are a must. As much as I love and rated Poch, recently his tactics and decisions have me questioning.

I don’t know why. But I was thinking. Win Wednesday and it’s done and we can move on from the shit show today, without realising that Chelsea win tomorrow and match us Wednesday it goes to the final day v LEICESTER.

not an element of edge between us and them
Is there ???

A draw tomorrow is about the only result that I can handle. A chav win. Oh my god

Today’s result has really put us in the shit. Not deep in the shit, but enough to smell it. We really do need to wake up. Finishing 5th will be catastrophic. Even a point would have been something today, but to do what they did is unfortunately unforgivable.

Don't get starting Lamela if were going back 3. Getting real sick of Trippier too. I know he set up our best chance at goal but he did little else. When is the last time he even crossed the ball? It's always maybe a dribble or two forward and then a back pass. Ask one question just once.

What exactly is going on at the moment lol

We cannot let these last 2 games get the better of us. We wont hear the last of it if we drop out of that top 4.

Come on boys. COYS

I think Poch summed it up correclty when saying that we are just not clinical enough. He eluded to the fact that the players just think that if we miss a chance another one will come along in a minute, and if we miss that one another one will come along soon.

That to me sums up the teams performance today.

Getting real sick of Trippier too. I know he set up our best chance at goal but he did little else. When is the last time he even crossed the ball? It's always maybe a dribble or two forward and then a back pass. Ask one question just once.

Funny because against Watford there were people slagging him off making ten crosses in the first half......

I guess he can’t do anything right

Last edited:
I think Poch summed it up correclty when saying that we are just not clinical enough. He eluded to the fact that the players just think that if we miss a chance another one will come along in a minute, and if we miss that one another one will come along soon.

That to me sums up the teams performance today.

Just today? Could say that about many of them. Its up to him to work on that. For me its the way we play, the slow build up and too many passes. Even when there is a shot on we dont take it and turn around and pass it out wide. Or if we are wide and a quick cross is on we turn and go middle and the other side. It is going to be extremely difficult to score like that against teams like wba. We have struggled against a lot of teams that do that and i dont know why we dont bring another game plan.

What's more disappointing about today is Yeah wba needed a win to have a chance of staying up we also needed one!!! Yet they wanted a likely lost cause of a win more then we wanted a win towards making top 4 (or maybe even 3rd or at a long shot 2nd). Point i make is we wanted something and weren't prepared to do what it took to get it. Too many players saving themselves for the summer international tournament. Just like 15/16 season

Last edited:
Am rewatching the match as I am a masochist (and single atm- no life, clearly).

1st Half:
-Eriksen was magnificent in CM. Want to see him in this role more often.
-Lamela was fucking awful as a RAM- consistenly out of position- turned up pretty much everywhere on the pitch except the right front of our attack, where he was ostensibly supposed to be. In a top 3, you're our wide outlet, buddy.
-Wanyama's touch and passing was almost non-existent. Played a cringeworthy hospital ball to Toby and ended our attacks two other times with utter lack of passing skill.
-Jan getting forward is nice but it's really just a cherry on top and should not be relied upon for attacking play. Why? Because hes just not better at it than any other replacement attacker would be.
-Sanchez was BAD. He played shit possession losing passes at least twice, and was poor at aerial clearances, failing to clear danger when he should have. Combined with Jans relative ineffectiveness getting forward, really should have started Jan and Toby in a back 4.
-James MacClean should have been yellow'ed by the end of 45'.
-Kane should have scored around 28'. He instead hit the side of Ben Foster's head. Didn't offer a lot though otherwise- and nothing in the air, at least against Brums packed back line.

Someone please give me a reason to be optimistic

Please

The only thing I’m seeing is that our last two games are at home and there against teams that have nothing to play for

https://www.thefightingcock.co.uk/forum/threads/new-stadium.7036/

Mbr8hok.png

2nd Half:
-Sanchez looked poor again. Ghastly slip @ 47'. Get longer cleats menj.
-Lamela @ 49'- where are you out right? Because of your absence, Trips is attempting to interchange with Wanyama. Not a winning strategy.
-Kane's a versatile all-around'er with decent hold up play, but hes not a target man- he never looked liked he was winning a cross in their box.
-Lamela @ 53' just shoot first time here. made it way harder than it should have been.
-Ref @ 55' - you played advantage on a handball in the box but didn't call play back after our play broke down? WTF? And how about a fucking pen here instead?
-Lamela @ 56'- where are you again? Now our RW is Toby + Trips, and Rondon has Sanchez in isolation. Ref- you also just called play back here for Rondon after ignoring ours a few mins back- what gives?
-Nyom is a total cunt. Shoulda been yellowed for rough play in the first half, shoulda been booked for diving and/or yellowed for rough play and/or delaying the game at 64'. ref totally failed to police his shit behavior throughout
-macclean at 70', visibly holding back trips by the arm while he is in possession- no foul ofc- shit ref!
-ref at 70' lets lamela get run over from behind- no play on the ball- that's a foul, dickhead.
-macclean crunches eriksen at 71'- no contact on ball, again no problem for the ref. macclean should be sent off twice by now.
-nyom foul on rose at 72'- no problem according to the ref! should be a second yellow...
-78' macclean finally gets a yellow! but it shoulda been a straight red! third red now for macclean...
-84' - llorente?! this guy still plays for us?
-87' rose is thrown to the ground in the box - wheres the pen, mf-ing ref? gotta be fucking kidding me here...

honestly. think it's hard to fault rose for the goal at the end- he barely had time to react, and jake was pushing him down from behind the entire time- hard to make a play like that...

Ref was a goddamn joke though- we should had at least one pen, and they should have been down a man by 80'. I hate to say it, but what would mourinho do? Poch should have made this the topic of the press conference.

Someone please give me a reason to be optimistic

Please

The only thing I’m seeing is that our last two games are at home and there against teams that have nothing to play for
What more do you need. Chelsea up our back side and we need at least 4 points to guarantee top 4-motivation. We are at home where we seem to get results-why should that change. Wed, play as a cup final. no maybe not. Just need to get the job done.

Chelsea in the FAC final may hinder their performances.

Good news is that when your chasing a top spot and needing a win to ensure you finish above a hated rival it’s always nice to have Newcastle next......

No way I can imagine a Tottenham team playing them and getting beat. No way, never. Our players are not that much of a bunch of cunts are they ? :dembele: (5-1)

Back
Top Bottom