WBA (A) 5th May.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Watched it back again on TV today. Couldn’t tell yesterday but our defending for the goal is utterly embarrassing. You clear the fucking ball. You put your body on the line. You fight. A draw would not have been great but acceptable against a team fighting for its life. That was a shambles. The Lamela chance is still hurting like hell. He could have just side footed it into the goal. FFS. Angry, angry, angry, ANNNNGRYYYYY!!!!!!!!

:levystare: :pochserious:

The Lamela chance is still hurting like hell. He could have just side footed it into the goal. FFS. Angry, angry, angry, ANNNNGRYYYYY!!!!!!!!

:levystare: :pochserious:
No he couldn't because he's got no right foot or willingness to use it ever. So, as always, has to take it on his left and of course take a touch too many. He wasn’t the only culprit mind you, all a bunch of cunts in my eyes yesterday

https://www.thefightingcock.co.uk/forum/threads/new-stadium.7036/

Mbr8hok.png

When you look at how Woolwich imploded this season, and Chelsea are pretty much rudderless does that not tell you just how average a team we have in the fact that we possibly need four points from our two remaining home games to limp across the line to CL qualification?

Weren't we eleven points clear at one stage of Chelsea?

If finishing above Woolwich wins us silverware i am all for it, but we had the chance to finish above Man United and fucked that up on Saturday losing against relegation fodder.

If we bomb out of the CL because of this performance I am not eve sure if I will be mad. Most likely I will be disappointed like a parent is at a child that has done wrong. If they do not have the fighting spirit and mentality to fight for a CL spot then do they honestly deserve to play in it?

But if we end up in the Europa I honestly expect us to bloody aim to win it. We know this team can compete for titles now. We've seen it for the last three years. So expectations are set. No matter what competitions we end up in next year I bloody well want us to take it seriously and compete.

Just want to reiterate- MacClean should have had 5 yellow cards by the end of the match yesterday. Nyom probably deserved marching orders on 2 yellows as well. We also had 2 sure-fire pens denied us- handball in the box and rose getting shoved down from behind in the box. The reffing was fucking awful, again.

I wish Poch would have bitched up a storm about it- we could have used a bit of ref intimidation before two crucial fixtures this week.

New offside rule. As Rose touched it last, Livermore isn't offside.

Pathetic rule.

Wasn’t sure who touched it last but in all honesty we didn’t deserve much from the game

So fucking annoying still

I know how Cousin Eddie feels!!

Just want to reiterate- MacClean should have had 5 yellow cards by the end of the match yesterday. Nyom probably deserved marching orders on 2 yellows as well. We also had 2 sure-fire pens denied us- handball in the box and rose getting shoved down from behind in the box. The reffing was fucking awful, again.

I wish Poch would have bitched up a storm about it- we could have used a bit of ref intimidation before two crucial fixtures this week.

Perhaps Poch should kick up more with sub standard refs

And with under performing players

I know he’s a decent guy but needs must sometimes

My parents were visiting this weekend so I squeezed enough time to watch the match, but that was it.

Haven't taken time to read any of this thread but the boys looked absolute shit on Saturday. As much as I hate to say it as we should be able to smash West Brom in whatever formation we randomly decide to throw out there; I think this is as much on Poch (for dicking with whats been working and going with a back 3 to start the match and forcing Son to the bench) as it is the players.

Based purely on the two games against them, I would never have guessed West Brom would be in the relegation zone. The reason is that we just can't play against a team who plays like that, it doesn't seem to matter about the qualities of the players, they just need to be organised. Even Newport almost managed to beat us playing that way. Need to sort this out.

Incidentally, at West Brom, if you are walking there from the Hawthorns station, there is a small cut-through which takes you from a residential street up to the station. There is long grass either side of that cut-through. Two lads had been spotted on CCTV going to the edge of that grassy area (where no one could possibly see you) to do a piss. They were stopped by stewards, their match tickets confiscated and prevented from going to the game. Fucking modern football- they were doing no harm, clearly had a case of the beer passing straight through them and had done the thing most of us would do in that situation. Mind you the steward probably did them a favour sparing them from that performance.

My parents were visiting this weekend so I squeezed enough time to watch the match, but that was it.

Haven't taken time to read any of this thread but the boys looked absolute shit on Saturday. As much as I hate to say it as we should be able to smash West Brom in whatever formation we randomly decide to throw out there; I think this is as much on Poch (for dicking with whats been working and going with a back 3 to start the match and forcing Son to the bench) as it is the players.
We should be able to smash West Brom with any formation we put out there, but we lost so it’s on Poch for playing 3 at the back?

Hmmmmmm.......

I actually agree with this.
We were on a great run, yes we had a couple of poor results, but if you are playing 4 at the back, pretty much since January, why change it.
Of course we should be able to beat WBA with any formation but in what was a high pressure game, as the next 2 will be, I find it hard to understand the decision to change formation

Back
Top Bottom