Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If he had quietly sent the claim to the FA or whoever and then its was dealt with then thats that. Thats not the embrassing part. All he had to say was that he got the final touch. The embarrasing part was the interview with his swearing on his daughters life. Normal people dont swear on their childrens lives in a public interview over some goal in a football match.
Get over yourself. It's a figure of speech, used all the time, maybe not the right choice of words but please get a life, it seems to have really, really bothered you, I find that in itself extremely odd why it would, who gives a fuck and why give a fuck?

Kane for me is an enigma. We can play without him but miss him 100%... When he has a mare , he looks awful and fuels all the doubters with ammunition to shoot him down. When he's brilliant , he's questioned about how good is he? Players need motivation and Kane's is scoring goals and breaking records. He is a forward (I nearly wrote striker FFS) and as a forwards he scores goals-what else can he do. He lacks pace but makes up for it in so many ways. When a Salah comes along, it make Kane look so ordinary - old fashioned, especially if Salah help Liverpool to win something. Maybe thats the point, we need to win something to justify the quality. At he moment he's scoring goals for his own pleasure.

I must add, we are a top 4 regular team and thats where Kane has not let us down. We still need to keep going because Chelsea will go unbeaten to the end of the season and Kane needs to spear head us forward into CL football next season and the new stadia.

It's probably too late now but post-injury Kane should have been eased into the team more gradually with minutes from the bench to start with. We're a bit too wedded to the notion he needs to start when fit, our most fluid recent performances have all been without him. When he's fully fit* he should start every game.

*edit - match fit

Last edited:
Kane is not match fit. His lack of movement last night was telling.

I would bench him against Brighton and go with son up top and give Kane 30 minutes in the second half, he needs easing back in.

What I find troubling - perhaps a bit of a heavy word - is the fact that either Kane or someone else declared him fit to play.

Also Poch seeing Kane floundering and not bringing Sonny on much sooner for Kane. Does seem strange and is heaping too much on an unfit player.

He looked quite sharp I thought against chavs but this could be his extra hate for them and he knows its only 20 mins so he goes all in.
Last 2 games he is having to stretch that 20 minutes effort into 90 because he simply isn't ready for a proper 90, so we end up with a very watered down Kane.

I love him but if he isn't at least 80% no way should he be playing.
We all want him at his best, but please don't rush things to the detriment of his health and our team selection / tatics.

We might have still struggled had Sonny started instead, but also likely our attacks would have been way more intuitive / cohesive as the attackers would be fit and sharp.

It's always been Kane's biggest flaw though - being a genuine outlet when we're against a team that will dominate us and that's ONLY because he hasn't got blistering pace.

Whenever City did knock it long they had Sterling or Jesus causing us problems with their pace in behind. We don't have that with Kane, so we have to realistically play it to his feet, which is a lot easier to defend and sadly he just wasn't on it.

Same thing happened at Anfield last season too when Liverpool dominated us and we barely tested the keeper or get into their half because everytime we knocked it long to the channels, Kane simply wasn't there or have the pace to cause that threat and fear.

It doesn't happen often as most of the time we have another form of pace to cause problems (Son for example) or we are the team in control and tend to dominate most games. I've only just mentioned two games there across 2 seasons so it shows it doesn't happen often.

Felt like he should have been taken off for Son in the second half. He was anonymous for a good 90% of the game. Good pass for the Eriksen goal, but barely touched the ball after or before that.

I said that at half time yesterday, but apparantley that means you are a "cunt, troll, drunk, clueless prick who doesnt support Spurs and wants Harry Kane sold".

Come the 90th minute, and its all "we could all see Harry has been poor.....but...but....."

TFC logic

I said that at half time yesterday, but apparantley that means you are a "cunt, troll, drunk, clueless prick who doesnt support Spurs and wants Harry Kane sold".

Come the 90th minute, and its all "we could all see Harry has been poor.....but...but....."

TFC logic
I thought the same about bringing on Son, but I was thinking replacing Lamela. As it turned out Lamela was superb in the 2nd half and when Son did come on he did the square route of fuck all and I thought our level dropped, we missed the ability to win the ball back high up the pitch which is what Lamela was doing.

It might not the the time for experimenting with the squad but using Lamela as a false 9 might be a way forward. We certainly do have some good alternatives what with Son and Lucas, but we will probably have to wait until next season to see if we can reinvent our forward line. (Not drop Kane per-say but we need to develop and learn new ways, which we have done with Dele playing in different positions etc.)

I thought the same about bringing on Son, but I was thinking replacing Lamela. As it turned out Lamela was superb in the 2nd half and when Son did come on he did the square route of fuck all and I thought our level dropped, we missed the ability to win the ball back high up the pitch which is what Lamela was doing.

It might not the the time for experimenting with the squad but using Lamela as a false 9 might be a way forward. We certainly do have some good alternatives what with Son and Lucas, but we will probably have to wait until next season to see if we can reinvent our forward line. (Not drop Kane per-say but we need to develop and learn new ways, which we have done with Dele playing in different positions etc.)

Lucas needs to be starting games in my view......he really is an option that gives us something others dont.
He's like Gascoigne....like a faster, attack minded Dembele.

For me its always very simple, and thats if something isnt working, change it up. It doesnt matter that its Harry Kane who has to make way, this season is far more important than a Golden Boot.
The season is coming to an end, and for once there are still massive rewards to be had.

I would save Harry for the semi final personally, and go with a front four of Dele, Eriksen, Son and Lucas against Brighton. It won happen, but that doesnt make it the right decision to keep playing Kane. Should be eased back in from the bench, might do him good.

Last edited:
Lucas needs to be starting games in my view......he really is an option that gives us something other dont.
He's like Gascoigne....like a faster, attack minded Dembele.

For me its always very simple, and thats if something isnt working, change it up. It doesnt matter that its Harry Kane who has to make way, this season is far more important than a Golden Boot.
The season is coming to an end, and for once there are still massive rewards to be had.

I would save Harry for the semi final personally, and go with a front four of Dele, Eriksen, Son and Lucas against Brighton. It won happen, but that doesnt make it the right decision to keep playing Kane. Should be eased back in from the bench, might do him good.
My guess, and it's been backed up by Poch making reference to it as well, is Lucas's work off the ball is why he hasn't seen more minutes. In the games we have seen him play, yesterday and his previous game (fuck can't remember who that was) it was clear that he was tracking back well, something he didn't do in his first games *pinch of salt to that comment as it's a very small sample size of games I've seen from him but yesterday he his tracking back was evident.

The one area where I think where Poch doesn't compromise is that every player has to contribute without the ball, Berba wouldn't get a game under Poch. So no matter how we use are players and how they interchange the minimum requirement is to contribute without the ball.

Couldn't give a fuck about that mate, the only people that look like dicks are those doing it IMO.

With the Stoke goal, Harry has scored one goal in 6 games....(note that one was where he went off injured, and one was a late sub at Chelsea though)
He was injured for a further 3 games, and an unused sub in one.

So in ten games, we've had one Harry goal (while obviously he cant score in the minutes he missed) thats not the point here.
The team, in those ten games have scored 18 goals.

Harry needed at the very least a performance yesterday to shut people up a bit, but ended up with his worst game of the season. Poch even said he's been hurt by the fuss, and it showed.
The people slating him, sadly, are winning, so he needs to get his shit together and fast.

With the Stoke goal, Harry has scored one goal in 6 games....(note that one was where he went off injured, and one was a late sub at Chelsea though)

So in ten games, we've had one Harry goal (while obviously he cant score in the minutes he missed) thats not the point here.

Harry needed at the very least a performance yesterday to shut people up a bit, but ended up with his worst game of the season. Poch even said he's been hurt by the fuss, and it showed.
The people slating him, sadly, are winning, so he needs to get his shit together and fast.
I do think it's a trap to judge Kane just on goals, for me it's what sets him appart from all the others, it's his ability to drop deep, wide and bring others into play. Personally I could give a shit if he's not scoring and he's setting up and starting off moves where others score, which he does a lot. Unfortunately he didn't do this yesterday, not even close (yes it was a lovely ball to Eriksen but I basing my comments on previous games he will do this constantly).

Over all, I think I'm being too hard on him, knowing what he brings to this side not just on the pitch but his persona, his drive and ambition is very important to the mentality of the team, so not selecting him is a massive call and if I were the manager I'd almost always pick him. Now if he's physically not right, I'd hook him unless it's advised by the medics that game-time would accelerate is rehab.

Just to be clear - do you want Kane dropped for Brighton and Man Utd?

Just two posts up. Try reading.
Hahhahaha. Dearly me. Thankfully you’re not the coach. Harry doesn’t score in 2 games - bench him. Fickle, knee jerk, instant gratification clueless piece of shit wanker. You don’t deserve to support this team you thick cunt.

Hahhahaha. Dearly me. Thankfully you’re not the coach. Harry doesn’t score in 2 games - bench him. Fickle, knee jerk, instant gratification clueless piece of shit wanker. You don’t deserve to support this team you thick cunt.

Bit harsh? Kane looks tired, we have a semi final on Sunday, the rest may do Kane good?

Bit harsh? Kane looks tired, we have a semi final on Sunday, the rest may do Kane good?

We have shown we are not a one man team, and we have proven we can score, loads, without Harry.
Some people believe the mantra that we are no more then The Harry Kane Team, some feel Harrys shot at the Golden boot is more important than Spurs season, some feel that starting on the bench is a punishment and means you want him sold.

If Harry is rested it will be lauded by the same people as they will never say anything against Poch. If he plays and plays poorly, it will be ignored, or it will be all the other players fault again.

If he plays and plays well, then it will be "Sammy is gutted Harry scored as he has an agenda and hates his guts"

Its primary school this place

Back
Top Bottom