Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

DawaUAtW0AAkW9g.jpg

They're so small time

He clearly isn't fit.

Fuck the Golden Boot, I'd rest him in the week and play Son, Lucas, Dele and Eriksen against Brighton.

Have him fresher for United

When he’s not fully on it he’s a burden - the team looks better with the perpetual interchanging without a focal point.

Feel like he’s become a bit too egocentric and needs to get back to basics.

When he’s not fully on it he’s a burden - the team looks better with the perpetual interchanging without a focal point.

I wouldn't say ego-centric, but maybe rather just a bit too desperate to defend his scoring title and get a third golden boot. I wish the club had not indulged his request to have them appeal for the goal, but im not really sure they had any other choice but to indulge Kane's wishes, unfortunately. He definitely does not look like he is fully fit right now though. I hope Harry shows the needed judgment on when to give up the chase for goal-scoring records in consideration of the teams effectiveness and his own health.

We do look good with the fluid forward line, but I don’t think Kane is too egocentric. He barely had the ball today, and still got an assist (sort of).

I wouldn't say ego-centric, but maybe rather just a bit too desperate to defend his scoring title and get a third golden boot. I wish the club had not indulged his request to have them appeal for the goal, but im not really sure they had any other choice but to indulge Kane's wishes, unfortunately. He definitely does not look like he is fully fit right now though. I hope Harry shows the needed judgment on when to give up the chase for goal-scoring records in consideration of the teams effectiveness and his own health.

The Eriksen goal theft was a shambles, and shouldn’t have been pandered to.

We do look good with the fluid forward line, but I don’t think Kane is too egocentric. He barely had the ball today, and still got an assist (sort of).

Earlier in the season (and in previous seasons) Kane played his part in that, drifting wide and dropping deep to free space for runners; recently he’s barely left the box in the hope he can feed on scraps, but being so static has neutralized his effectiveness and been counter-productive for both him and the team in general.

The Eriksen goal theft was a shambles, and shouldn’t have been pandered to.

Earlier in the season (and in previous seasons) Kane played his part in that, drifting wide and dropping deep to free space for runners; recently he’s barely left the box in the hope he can feed on scraps, but being so static has neutralized his effectiveness and been counter-productive for both him and the team in general.

He played a couple of great cross-field passes from the halfway line today, but our other players didn’t capitalise on them.

I agree that he’s not been as involved as he has been in the past, but he’s still a team player.

Crouch has literally written that he would do what Kane has done, as have other strikers.

But he did score it, he's had it reviewed by an expert panel and they have agreed he scored the goal, having rewatched it numerous times, from numerous different angles.

What is embarrassing about that? He's got the decision he deserved from the second it went in off his shoulder.
If he had quietly sent the claim to the FA or whoever and then its was dealt with then thats that. Thats not the embrassing part. All he had to say was that he got the final touch. The embarrasing part was the interview with his swearing on his daughters life. Normal people dont swear on their childrens lives in a public interview over some goal in a football match.

If he had quietly sent the claim to the FA or whoever and then its was dealt with then thats that. Thats not the embrassing part. All he had to say was that he got the final touch. The embarrasing part was the interview with his swearing on his daughters life. Normal people dont swear on their childrens lives in a public interview over some goal in a football match.

agree- that part was bizarre. first weird media gaffe by harry that i can think of. im looking forward to this whole incident being forgotten about.

I bet his wife crucified him over that!

To be fair it’s a figure of speech to emphasise how truthful you’re being, but I wouldn’t have said it.

Felt like he should have been taken off for Son in the second half. He was anonymous for a good 90% of the game. Good pass for the Eriksen goal, but barely touched the ball after or before that.

Felt like he should have been taken off for Son in the second half. He was anonymous for a good 90% of the game. Good pass for the Eriksen goal, but barely touched the ball after or before that.

In all honesty Kane hasn't been on it since about February - a while before the injury. I'd rest him for a few games, won't happen though. The goal thing has been way over-analysed, but maybe Kane should have left it.

Back
Top Bottom