Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We have shown we are not a one man team, and we have proven we can score, loads, without Harry.
Some people believe the mantra that we are no more then The Harry Kane Team, some feel Harrys shot at the Golden boot is more important than Spurs season, some feel that starting on the bench is a punishment and means you want him sold.

If Harry is rested it will be lauded by the same people as they will never say anything against Poch. If he plays and plays poorly, it will be ignored, or it will be all the other players fault again.

If he plays and plays well, then it will be "Sammy is gutted Harry scored as he has an agenda and hates his guts"

Its primary school this place

I guess it all depends how he is at training, and what the coaching staff think, but with the semi on Saturday, surely it wouldn’t be a bad thing to give him and the like of Dembele A rest, we have a great squad, it’s times like this where we should use it!

He just had a rest. Did his ankle ligaments and didn't play for a few games. He doesn't need a rest, he needs to buckle down and regain his sharpness.

By rest I dont mean whack on a sombrero and sit in a hammock in the back garden......I mean, give his ligaments a week off, because hes clearly still on damage limitation mode

But does he need a rest or a bit more game time to hopefully find some sharpness? I'm in two minds...
My feelings exactly. I fall on the side of 'start him against Brighton and take him off after an hour if we're comfortable'.

I think a goal drought (which, in relative terms to Kane's usual form, he's experienced somewhat recently) weighs heavy on his mind - and Brighton is perhaps a good opponent to let him turn it around.
Also, Son can play the full 90 on Tuesday so will be able to play the striker role if need be.

some nonsense....It's a figure of speech, used all the time, maybe not the right choice of words ....more nonsense
It wasnt 'maybe not the right choice of words', he bloody embarassed himself with those words. Made himself look pathetic and desperate for a goal. Like I said, best thing for him to do now is to win the boot by 2 goals so no one can complain about this one goal. Otherwise this is going to get remembered like Kevin Keegan's 'I would love it'. I am sure there must have been some Newcastle fans at that time who thought it was a great interview from Keegan but it was cringey as fook.

Anyone who has watched Spurs for even a couple months would have been able to see that Kane was a shell of his former self against City.

He didn't have the desire or energy to bother with the game. THAT is the problem.

Now, obviously Kane as a person isn't like that, which means he still isn't fit (evident from other matches) so if he can't even put in the effort due to something hampering him, he needs to bloody rest until he can.

Kane has always been one to be eager for games despite his own condition, and Poch has to be more astute, objective and actually not biased to NOT choose him for the sake of both Kane and the team.

The reality is that we don't need Kane to win, we can still win even against the big boys. But putting a non-fit Kane who then can't even run to balls a little out of his reach means we play with 10 and even against shit opposition, that handicaps the team.

Screw the Golden Boot. The best for the team is for Kane to be fighting fit not a free rider hoping to poke in a sitter.

It wasnt 'maybe not the right choice of words', he bloody embarassed himself with those words. Made himself look pathetic and desperate for a goal. Like I said, best thing for him to do now is to win the boot by 2 goals so no one can complain about this one goal. Otherwise this is going to get remembered like Kevin Keegan's 'I would love it'. I am sure there must have been some Newcastle fans at that time who thought it was a great interview from Keegan but it was cringey as fook.
I's suggest you find it embarrassing, meaning the problem is with you and only you and anyone that shares your view. I don't share your view, I'm not embarrassed, but perhaps more importantly other strikers have all come out and agreed they would do the same. Just as Dele has done too, yet another player to join the list and no doubt another for your to make you feel embarrassed even further. Guess you'll just have to find a corner to hide in and your shame. Hey ho.

Would love to see him in a deeper role. With the quality of his ball control and range of passing this season I think he could outperform de Bruyne in a similar role. If we ever want more pace up front, playing Kane deeper could be an alternative.

I know it will never happen, but I find it to be an intriguing thought. Maybe he would be a bit less desperate for goals in such a role, which would do him and the team a world of good.

He could be a 20+ goals AM.

I's suggest you find it embarrassing, meaning the problem is with you and only you and anyone that shares your view. I don't share your view, I'm not embarrassed, but perhaps more importantly other strikers have all come out and agreed they would do the same...
You have misread again. There is no shame in trying to claim a goal. The embarassing part was acting so desperate and pathetic by swearing on his daughter's life. There have been exactly zero strikers who have said they would go to that length trying to claim a goal.

You have misread again. There is no shame in trying to claim a goal. The embarassing part was acting so desperate and pathetic by swearing on his daughter's life. There have been exactly zero strikers who have said they would go to that length trying to claim a goal.
I said that you were the one that's embarrassed. That much is clear.

Seriously? One minute people are saying how shit it is that there's no working class footballers, they're all foreigners, they're all mercenaries. Then an unfancied working class lad from Chingford comes along, becomes one of the best strikers in the world for us, the club he's supported since he was a boy - and people slate him for using a working-class colloquialism that sounds a bit 'common' in a post-match interview having just ran around for 90 minutes for us. Really?!

Delete the post if you are true Spurs supporter.
You won’t find any more genuine player than Harry Kane. I can’t remember of any so humble player since following football.
The only embarrassing thing is you.

Would love to see him in a deeper role. With the quality of his ball control and range of passing this season I think he could outperform de Bruyne in a similar role. If we ever want more pace up front, playing Kane deeper could be an alternative.

I know it will never happen, but I find it to be an intriguing thought. Maybe he would be a bit less desperate for goals in such a role, which would do him and the team a world of good.

He could be a 20+ goals AM.

Agree, but he is also a 30+ goals striker, of which there are just as few of!
Kane- get healthy mate we need you!

Back
Top Bottom