Summer 2018 transfer window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Okay friends,

Umtiti is apparently not happy in Barcelona and looking to move. And has a release clause of "just" 40 million.

He's a young, left footed centerback with La Liga and CL experience and he already knows multiple players in our squad through his work in Ligue 1 and the French national team.

Would ya if you were in charge?
Reportedly talks have stalled because he wants to triple his £75k pw wage. So it’s not really an option.

I've seen a fair whack of him and he looks the business. Got loads of QPR pals round my way and they say he's the best player in the Championship by a country mile. Much like Dele in League 1 back in the day.

I think you might be right about being overrated as a player currently, but the potential, with Poch, is sky high.

I still have a soft spot for Patrick Roberts, is he making any waves at Celtic?
Ruben Neves is the best player on the championship

Just been thinking about the summer. This is the best summer I can think of.

OUT
Toby Alderweireld
- Big money move to PSG would be best option to free up funds to bring in our new recruits.
Danny Rose - Again, send him to PSG. They do need a left back and hopefully the Alderweireld deal will go well enough that they fancy taking Rose as well. I won't be sorry to see him go after last summer.
Kevin Georges N'Koudou - Just hasn't worked out for you pal. I am sure there is another club that will giove him a chance and I hope he takes it. Good player, just not good enough to get in this Spurs team.
Vincent Jansen - I suspect most people have completely forgotten about him. Hopefully he'll get a move back to the Netherlands. If so it'll have to be on the cheap, but I think the club could take the hit given the profits we'll get from the sales of Alderweireld and Rose.
Moussa Sissoko - Even if you don't hate Sissoko, surely you don't see the benefit of having him in the squad when everyone is fully fit (would he even make the bench). He's on a hefty wage too (£80k p/w) so moving him on would be very beneficial to reducing the wage bill.

IN
Ryan Sessegnon
- Last year he made the Championship team of the year at the age of 16. This year he's probably going to be the player of the year. When we first signed Dele Alli and he was finishing off the season at MK Dons, I kept an eye on their results and match reports, and Dele was clearly their stand out player. He was obviously a class above everyone else in the league and it is evidently a superb piece of business from Spurs. Could Sessegnon have a similar impact? Who knows, but another young, exciting, flashy English player would do us no harm at all. Should be our number 1 target this summer.
Matthijs de Ligt - I only first heard about him ahead of the Netherlands/England game. I looked him up then and everything I have seen and read since then has been glowing. I suspected he'd get picked up by Barca, Real, Bayern or Juve this summer, but since the Spurs links came out today I started to dream about this one. He'll be expensive, but any defender will be this summer (£45m for Alfie Mawson?). With the Dutch failing to qualify for the World Cup, Spurs could land this one in time for pre-season training. A very exciting possibility.
James Maddison - Like Sessegnon, he's a standout star in the Championship. He's another player I have been monitoring for the last few months and just like Sessegnon, di Ligt and Dele, the reviews on him are absolutely raving. He's a real talent. Yes, he would be expensive for a player unproven in the prem, but may yet be a reasonable price in the current market at £25m.

New contracts for Kane, Dele, Eriksen, Son, Lamela, Vertonghen, Dier & Hugo would also be welcome.

Let me know what you guys think.

OUT
Toby Alderweireld
- Big money move to PSG would be best option to free up funds to bring in our new recruits.
Danny Rose - Again, send him to PSG. They do need a left back and hopefully the Alderweireld deal will go well enough that they fancy taking Rose as well. I won't be sorry to see him go after last summer.
Kevin Georges N'Koudou - Just hasn't worked out for you pal. I am sure there is another club that will giove him a chance and I hope he takes it. Good player, just not good enough to get in this Spurs team.
Vincent Jansen - I suspect most people have completely forgotten about him. Hopefully he'll get a move back to the Netherlands. If so it'll have to be on the cheap, but I think the club could take the hit given the profits we'll get from the sales of Alderweireld and Rose.
Moussa Sissoko - Even if you don't hate Sissoko, surely you don't see the benefit of having him in the squad when everyone is fully fit (would he even make the bench). He's on a hefty wage too (£80k p/w) so moving him on would be very beneficial to reducing the wage bill.

IN
Ryan Sessegnon
- Last year he made the Championship team of the year at the age of 16. This year he's probably going to be the player of the year. When we first signed Dele Alli and he was finishing off the season at MK Dons, I kept an eye on their results and match reports, and Dele was clearly their stand out player. He was obviously a class above everyone else in the league and it is evidently a superb piece of business from Spurs. Could Sessegnon have a similar impact? Who knows, but another young, exciting, flashy English player would do us no harm at all. Should be our number 1 target this summer.
Matthijs de Ligt - I only first heard about him ahead of the Netherlands/England game. I looked him up then and everything I have seen and read since then has been glowing. I suspected he'd get picked up by Barca, Real, Bayern or Juve this summer, but since the Spurs links came out today I started to dream about this one. He'll be expensive, but any defender will be this summer (£45m for Alfie Mawson?). With the Dutch failing to qualify for the World Cup, Spurs could land this one in time for pre-season training. A very exciting possibility.
James Maddison - Like Sessegnon, he's a standout star in the Championship. He's another player I have been monitoring for the last few months and just like Sessegnon, di Ligt and Dele, the reviews on him are absolutely raving. He's a real talent. Yes, he would be expensive for a player unproven in the prem, but may yet be a reasonable price in the current market at £25m.

New contracts for Kane, Dele, Eriksen, Son, Lamela, Vertonghen, Dier & Hugo would also be welcome.

As I really only watch Spurs these days, I can't really comment on the players you mention but according to most people on here they look good/excellent prospects.
Only question mark I would have is Sissoko, simply because of two things;
1) Dembele - Fitness and age
2) Winks - recurring injuries.

Not that I think Sissoko is quality, but can be a "useful" squad player, unless of course we can replace him

As I really only watch Spurs these days, I can't really comment on the players you mention but according to most people on here they look good/excellent prospects.
Only question mark I would have is Sissoko, simply because of two things;
1) Dembele - Fitness and age
2) Winks - recurring injuries.

Not that I think Sissoko is quality, but can be a "useful" squad player, unless of course we can replace him

For what it's worth, I get my info on these players from what I read online. Genuinely I look for two things
1) How often they are name dropped in match reports, especially if they note that they played excellently
2) Fan opinion. Fans who rate their player highly and are either gutted to see them leave. When we signed Berbatov a Leverkusen fan came on the Glory-Glory forum and just said "you've signed a super star". He wqas right. Seeing how upset other fans are to see a player leave is quite telling.

RE: Sissoko - he's not a replacement for Dembele. Personally I think Lamela is a great option to replace him in the middle. Also, James Maddison coming in would be a great option in the centre mid.

For what it's worth, I get my info on these players from what I read online. Genuinely I look for two things
1) How often they are name dropped in match reports, especially if they note that they played excellently
2) Fan opinion. Fans who rate their player highly and are either gutted to see them leave. When we signed Berbatov a Leverkusen fan came on the Glory-Glory forum and just said "you've signed a super star". He wqas right. Seeing how upset other fans are to see a player leave is quite telling.

RE: Sissoko - he's not a replacement for Dembele. Personally I think Lamela is a great option to replace him in the middle. Also, James Maddison coming in would be a great option in the centre mid.
I have always thought that Dele would be a revelation in CM, but think it would leave us lacking a bit up top at the moment.

OUT
Toby Alderweireld

IN
Ryan Sessegnon

Not seen enough of all to judge firmly but

Sess....looks the part... pace to burn
De ligt... has looked quite comfortable Im not completely taken

Maddison .... looked reasonably toss whenever I've watched him

OUT
Toby Alderweireld

IN
Ryan Sessegnon

We need a left back, not a left wing, and I like the idea of Maddison, but think we need either a CM more than an AM, or push Eriksen deeper, then Maddison makes sense.

Back
Top Bottom