FA CUP 2017/18

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Talking about Villa park semi finals.. What if Aston villa were to make the semi finals?

Everyone knew the Semi finals would be played at Wembley. Everyone knew Spurs would be playing all of our home games at Wembley.We're playing 38 away games for fuck sake.

Saying that, I do agree that the semi final shouldn't be played at Wembley for every season. Kind of takes away the whole special occasion of getting to the final

Bunch of knobheads.

Talking about Villa park semi finals.. What if Aston villa were to make the semi finals?

Everyone knew the Semi finals would be played at Wembley. Everyone knew Spurs would be playing all of our home games at Wembley.We're playing 38 away games for fuck sake.

Bunch of knobheads.

Then it would be played at Old Trafford, like it used to be.

Personally, I don't give a shit what other club supporters are saying. It's 50/50 allocation on a pitch made of grass between two teams competing in a cup semi final. There's absolutely no advantage to anyone.

Then it would be played at Old Trafford, like it used to be.

Personally, I don't give a shit what other club supporters are saying. It's 50/50 allocation on a pitch made of grass between two teams competing in a cup semi final. There's absolutely no advantage to anyone.
Oh we have an advantage alright....the place feels like home so Son, Poch and a few other claim.
We have played some epic performances there. We beat Real there and Utd themselves....we do have an advantage and I find it fucking hilarious

So what are we never allowed to play at wembley again? is it not an unfair advantage if we get to the semi's again next season because we spent the last season playing there? Such a ridiculous narrative, teams have played in champions league finals on their actual home pitch before and teams have won world cups in their home nation, is that unfair aswell? You just know if we win the cup, the media will try to shit on our parade of how we were at home so it didn't really count and our players still need to leave to win a trophy fairly.

Last edited:
At RedCafe, a few minutes after the SF draw, it dawns on them: Who Decided Spurs could use Wembley? :sonlol:
Loving this. They're shitting themselves already.

"It's got me thinking, who decided Spurs could use Wembley and how can it be seen as fair? Not only does it affect the cup but no other clubs have the luxury of using another stadium when redeveloping, least not the biggest one in the country."

No right, no other clubs do that do they?

"It should have been agreed that if Spurs reached the FA Cup semi final they'd have to play at a neutral ground.

It's unfair to the rest of the competition."

"They should be playing at a neutral ground central to both teams like in the past. Unfortunately greed is more important to the people who run the game."

"It's absurd. They'll have huge advantage in both semi-finals and (hopefully not!) final. They should have moved to other neutral stadium, maybe the Olympic Stadium of WHU or something else."

FFS all this salt and we've only just had the draw. Can you imagine what they'll be like if they lose the game?

:avbpray:

I can't see the problem, we're the away team, therefore at a disadvantage (the home team bogs get andrex, it's only Tescos in the away dressing room.)
I wonder if we'll play in our away strip just to prove a point.

Back
Top Bottom