Summer 2018 transfer window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Reluctant mainly because the player to give way for Bale will likely be Son...

not necessarily... Bale would have to take a massive pay cut to come back to us but he has undoubtedly earned a stack of money in his time. I can see the appeal of coming back to a club he had a great time at, we're certainly looking like bucking the trend of developing our way to a title and we're consistently pushing. Difficult to know what goes on in a player's head. Does the thought of retiring with us appeal?

Scrap all that, he has a contract until 2022, Real aren't going to sell him for peanuts, if they do it's because another team are going to cover his £350k a week wages, which wont be us. Why spend that when we can get two decent young prospects for the same money? Nothing to see here... please move along

I Kinda want Loren Moron from real betis just based on his name. 5 goals in 6 games in la liga is not a bad haul either

Still unsure if a Bale return is a good idea or not, his age and injury record being what it is...

Bale in his last two seasons was the best player I've seen play for us. I miss him terribly still but I don't think it would be a wise purchase unless it was at a low monetary cost. His injuries and age aren't exactly flattering

I Kinda want Loren Moron from real betis just based on his name. 5 goals in 6 games in la liga is not a bad haul either
Sign him and I would actually get a named shirt.
Or if we signed staff sgt max fightmaster from the US army reserves..or us marine rad heroman. Imagine a having that surname. Heroman. I would , of course, emphasise HEROman. I'm off for a wank at the very thought.

Malcom is a top class talent. Players like that are always needed. Get him in I say and get our attack well rounded, competitive and fierce for any teams daring to take us on
We already have a lot of talent in the band behind Kane. The issue is behind that. If Dembele goes down who is the guy breaking lines or the press for us? At the moment, it's a struggling Winks or no one. A great CM would cost as much as Malcom, and I think is a higher priority for us.

I've seen a fair whack of him and he looks the business. Got loads of QPR pals round my way and they say he's the best player in the Championship by a country mile. Much like Dele in League 1 back in the day.

I think you might be right about being overrated as a player currently, but the potential, with Poch, is sky high.

I still have a soft spot for Patrick Roberts, is he making any waves at Celtic?
He hasn't played much this season. I don't know why. I'll find out and let ye ken

Bale coul play in any of top four positions if we play 4-2-3-1. I think he could still be very good, in fact, but the probelm would be his salary.

For the bagillionth time.

GARETH BALE EARNS £300k A WEEK.

If we pay him that, we must pay Hugo and Harry that. We must also pay 80m at least as a transfer fee. It's a £200m transfer.

It can't happen.

I think Mawson looks a very decent prospect. Very calm on the ball. A typical Pochettino CB. Also he plays on the left. Predominantly left footed.
I reckon we would go in for him this summer if we didn’t have 4 CBs already as we could do with having ball playing left footed CB.
We trade well with Swansea.

Mawson could be used in rotation for Vertonghen.

If we need a new CM/alternative to Dembélé Veratti seems to be wanting out of the PSG gilded cage in the summer.

Just a thought but he seems Barca bound and I am fairly certain he is a Raiola client so that puts me off him.

Quality player however

After Moura i can’t see us signing any player like Malcolm. We already have a pretty packed front with Lamela back and Moura in.

Llorente and Vinny will probably both move on and we’ll look to a more versatile forward to step in for Kane. I’d like Dabour from RB Salzburg, I think he will be a real steal.

Secondly, we need a Dembele sub, Lemina is the best candidate for price as well. He’ll also put the pressure on Winks to perform so we’ll have a real fight and depth in midfield (onomah will go on a PL loan I guess).

In defence we need a LB as Rose seems firmly on the way out and not very bothered about it. Sessegnon is not really a LB, I suppose Bertrand from SCBC could do it, and he’ll come cheap if they’re hopefully relegated

Back
Top Bottom