Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You're the bore. Go and waste 30 minutes your life again digging up all my posts. If Son, Eriksen or Alli had exactly the same game, you'd have such they had a dissapointing game. By saying "Lamela changed the game" you're not giving due credit to the other players. Some posters are like Lamela's family members or something and solely focus on what he does and overhype it. Anyway, I thought Totti was out of order to credit him with changing the game when Eriksen ran the show and Son and Dele provided the quality in the final third. And he needed calling out on it, which I've done.

Critique is fine if you are capable of giving praise when due. You dont have that ability.

I genuinely believe you want Lamela to fail when he plays. Says a lot.

Critique is fine if you are capable of giving praise when due. You dont have that ability.

I genuinely believe you want Lamela to fail when he plays. Says a lot.

I didn't say he played badly. He did ok, nothing particularly outstanding. I was disputing the fact he "changed the game" when it was in fact Son, Dele, and Eriksen who were our best attacking players.

Did he change the game when he came on?

Depends on your previous standpoint i suppose.

Lamela detractors will say Son scored the goals, Dele scored and assisted, Eriksen was very good, etc. Nothing about Lamela.

Lamela supporters could very well point out that the sheer presence of Lamela was what opened up space for those others to operate the way they did. His harrying of defenders disrupted Bournemouth and we certainly played better after he came on than we had beforehand.

Me? I’d say 60% from option B and 40% from option A.
We changed formation to a very, very narrow 4-3-3 when he came on, with both FB's wide and high.

It was a very tuff game before he came on, (last 15 mins of of first half we were building our way back, we continued with this early in 2nd half) but Bournemouth were still competitive, fair play to them. When Lamela came on, and we changed formation Bournemouth couldn't get near us, they wilted.

We can't play this way without Lamela. May be we can with Moura, but without the ball he's no Lamela, that's why Lamela is picked above him now.

Wrong.

Poch: Lamela can get better - BeSoccer

Tottenham missed Lamela's energy - Poch

NW1 is wrong.

This is a beauty of a post. Not only is the injury fake, but POCH WAS GOING TO COME OUT IN A PRESS CONFERENCE throwing a player under the bus and that he must leave.

Hahahaha.

NW1 is wrong.

Erik Lamela starts for Spurs at Juventus, Leroy Sane returns to Manchester City bench at Basel

NW1 is wrong.

Lamela stays and Poch reiterates Lamela is intergral part of Spurs.

Shock horror. NW1 is wrong again.

Another 5 star post. MAY NEVER PLAY FOR SPURS AGAIN!

Hahahahaha.

NW1 wrong again. Who's keeping count?

ROSS BARKLEY WAS A THREAT TO ERIK LAMELA AT SPURS!!

A fresh angle for NW1 to, you guessed it, be wrong.

Lol.

Pochettino lauds Lamela comeback - FOX Sports Asia

More wrong.

And yet, here we are, Lamela has stayed. Not only that, has been a mainstay in matchday squads since his return and trusted to start in the Prem and CL.

How many times can one person be wrong before it hits home? We continue...

NOT EVEN AT THE TRAINING GROUND!!!!

A new depth of wrong from NW1.

When will this wrong end?!

Demanding apologies if Lamela was sold. Anyone get an apology when he stayed? Nah, just persevered in the wrong.

giphy.gif

Oh yes, WE are the fantasists.

Yet here we are, and so is Erik Lamela.

I have followed Lamela to his new club. It's called Tottenham Hotspur. How fortunate.

ROSS BARKLEY!!!

I'm 10 minutes in and getting bored now.

Is it Groundhog Day?

Not only has he doubled down on Lamela. He's then thrown Spurs under the bus. ABSOLUTELY NO CHANCE SPURS GET TOP 4 THIS SEASON.

Double double wrong wrong.

Another new angle. Poch was apparently only playing a ''weaker'' player to showcase him to sell. Result? Lamela stays and is added to CL squad.

No, no. You're very level headed when it comes to Lamela. The epitome of fair.

I won the bet. You wre wrong again.

Were you proven right? Or are will still waiting for the sunshine?!

Textbook. When proved wrong over and over, just keep moving the goalposts until something sticks and you can boast.

Where have we heard this before?

Lamela features in every game of the CL since added to the squad. Starting at the first opportunity.

Not only did he make the bench, he started.

So much wrong.

Erik Lamela starts for Spurs at Juventus, Leroy Sane returns to Manchester City bench at Basel

Lamela starts against Juventus. Have you considered a career as fortune teller?

As for avoiding referencing Lamela...I think you should take your own advice.

Lol. I think right and wrong are quite obvious in this case.

giphy.gif

Honestly mate, it's just best you put this whole debacle behind you and take your own advice and shut the fuck up about Lamela. It's a fucking embarrassment and such a bore to read over and over and over and over and fucking over.

You were wrong, a lot. Accept it and move on.
Truly baffling why he gets stick. Baffling.

I think we were quite poor today and unusually sloppy probably a bit lucky to get the three points their equaliser could easily have stood , Bournemouth ran out of steam after 15 minutes and we were starting to dictate the game even before lamela came on.

Not looking for an argument but can anyone give me an example of how lamela changed the game highlight a pass or particular passage of play ? Because it's being sold as Lamela single handedly turned a 1-0 defeat into a 4-1 win and i just don't get it he didn't seem to do a great deal to me , we created very little goals 1 3&4 were all down to poor play by Bournemouth more than our brilliance and goal 3 was all about Alli and Son , i can't really remember any other particularly good passages of play apart from a couple of overhit crosses from decent positions, I'm genuinely looking for someone to convince me of how lamela was the difference ? I think we'd have won quite comfortably if Kane played or Lucas or even Sissoko had replaced Kane.

I think we were quite poor today and unusually sloppy probably a bit lucky to get the three points their equaliser could easily have stood , Bournemouth ran out of steam after 15 minutes and we were starting to dictate the game even before lamela came on.

Not looking for an argument but can anyone give me an example of how lamela changed the game highlight a pass or particular passage of play ? Because it's being sold as Lamela single handedly turned a 1-0 defeat into a 4-1 win and i just don't get it he didn't seem to do a great deal to me , we created very little goals 1 3&4 were all down to poor play by Bournemouth more than our brilliance and goal 3 was all about Alli and Son , i can't really remember any other particularly good passages of play apart from a couple of overhit crosses from decent positions, I'm genuinely looking for someone to convince me of how lamela was the difference ? I think we'd have won quite comfortably if Kane played or Lucas or even Sissoko had replaced Kane.
What evidence do you have that we’d have won comfortably without him? What actually happened, in real life, was we won with him.

We weren’t playing well, he came on, we played better. May well have been a massive coincidence, but may well have been his forward runs at the defence, his strong closing down and his general can do attitude put the Bournemouth defence under more pressure than before. This then lead to space opening up for Eriksen and Son.

It’s like when oppo fans used to decry Modric. Doesn’t score, doesn’t assist, must be rubbish.

I’ve not seen anyone on here herald Lamela as some kind of great for his play today. Just people pointing out we played better in the period he was on the pitch than the period he wasn’t. If you disagree with that, that’s your prerogative.

What evidence do you have that we’d have won comfortably without him? What actually happened, in real life, was we won with him.

We weren’t playing well, he came on, we played better. May well have been a massive coincidence, but may well have been his forward runs at the defence, his strong closing down and his general can do attitude put the Bournemouth defence under more pressure than before. This then lead to space opening up for Eriksen and Son.

It’s like when oppo fans used to decry Modric. Doesn’t score, doesn’t assist, must be rubbish.

I’ve not seen anyone on here herald Lamela as some kind of great for his play today. Just people pointing out we played better in the period he was on the pitch than the period he wasn’t. If you disagree with that, that’s your prerogative.

See Totti's post about Lamela completely turning the game around thats what I'm contesting. Id also suggest opposition fans got on Modric back because they knew he was class the same way they did it to Bale , nobody talks about lamela because he isn't particularly relevant.

We were always going to have long periods of dominance against Bournemouth regardless of who was on the pitch obviously this claim can be contested and can't be proved but c'mon do you really think we'd have been outplayed for 90 minutes without Lamela ? He contributed something today no doubt but as per usual his contribution has been multiplied.

Lamela was the Xfactor we needed in offence today after Kane went off. He kickstarted the high press that allowed us to turn the game around. Did a lot of hard work today that allowed Alli and Son space to run and come in on goal

See Totti's pist about Lamela completely turning the game around thats what I'm contesting. Id also suggest opposition fans got on Modric back because they knew he was class the same way they did it to Bale , nobody taljs about lamela because he isn't particularly relevant.

We were always going to have long periods of dominance against Bournemouth regardless of who was on the pitch obviously this claim can be contested and can't be proved but c'mon do you really think we'd have been outplayed for 90 minutes without Lamela ? He contributed spmething today no doubt but as per usual his contribution has been multiplied.
Nobody knows how that would have went if he’d not come on. Harry may have got nine goals. But he didn’t.

What actually happened was Lamela came on and we won. As I say, you believe it was coincidence. I don’t. What I can’t do is find a video for you where he slaloms through defenders before planting one in the top corner. I’m not sure you’d be that impressed even if I could.

Sorry buy I want to bother to reply to such.

Nobody knows how that would have went if he’d not come on. Harry may have got nine goals. But he didn’t.

What actually happened was Lamela came on and we won. As I say, you believe it was coincidence. I don’t. What I can’t do is find a video for you where he slaloms through defenders before planting one in the top corner. I’m not sure you’d be that impressed even if I could.

No your wrong there I'll happily give anyone their stripes but they must earn them , Dele Erikssen and Son all outperformed Lamela today but some want to put Lamela on a pedestal anyway, this is a highly controversial opinion on this forum for some reason despite the fact that many in real life and on other Spurs forums don't overly rate Lamela either.

Last edited:
I think people forget it that it's a team game, and no player contributes for the whole 90 minutes. Erik, as Christian, Dele, Serge, Sonny, Jan, etc, did their bit that enabled us to win the game. I find this squabbling tiresome. People should be grateful we have a team that appear to be together and will fight for each other, no matter who plays.

Lamela's best strength is creating angles with his stepover but sometimes he overdoes it and they become a pointless waste of time. It's too bad his shooting and weak foot are terrible because he'd be a top player if he had either of the two. He's a good backup for Eriksen and a decent squad player but I think that's his peak. Don't think he will ever reach Son's level but I'm happy where he is now because two years ago I didn't think he'd be this consistent.

Back
Top Bottom