Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I personally don't think Lamela has made any difference this season and will be interested to see how much game time he gets until the end of the season , my guess not a lot if everyones fit.

He's done okay, nothing truly spectacular but definitely put a shift in. He's been out for ages though so I didn't expect anything more.

Long term though? I'd be surprised if he's still at the club next season.

I'm mystified that some don't seem to see what Lamela brings to the team. He's an incredible footballer. His link-up play, and creativity are superb, and he's completely, totally committed to his team on the pitch. His work off the ball - his ability to find space and hurt teams with a lay-off or flick when he's found - is wonderful, even if it's not as immediately noticeable or direct as the work of others. The issue is that Eriksen, Alli, Son and ...potentially Lucas Moura, are all also fantastic players, and the first three of these are well established in the team: deservedly so.

Lamela needs a bit more time on the pitch, and a couple more goals. Christ knows who makes way for him though!

I'm mystified that some don't seem to see what Lamela brings to the team. He's an incredible footballer. His link-up play, and creativity are superb, and he's completely, totally committed to his team on the pitch. His work off the ball - his ability to find space and hurt teams with a lay-off or flick when he's found - is wonderful, even if it's not as immediately noticeable or direct as the work of others. The issue is that Eriksen, Alli, Son and ...potentially Lucas Moura, are all also fantastic players, and the first three of these are well established in the team: deservedly so.

Lamela needs a bit more time on the pitch, and a couple more goals. Christ knows who makes way for him though!

He can do most of that but the problem with Lamela is he's only judged on his best games and gets a free pass on the ones where he does nothing which are an awful lot of games.

A great team win today and a huge contribution from Lamela. He was in the middle of the action for 2 or 3 goals. He showed the reason why Poch has been trying to bring him up to speed as much as he did.

Please stop this. You're a bore.

You're the bore. Go and waste 30 minutes your life again digging up all my posts. If Son, Eriksen or Alli had exactly the same game, you'd have such they had a dissapointing game. By saying "Lamela changed the game" you're not giving due credit to the other players. Some posters are like Lamela's family members or something and solely focus on what he does and overhype it. Anyway, I thought Totti was out of order to credit him with changing the game when Eriksen ran the show and Son and Dele provided the quality in the final third. And he needed calling out on it, which I've done.

You're the bore. Go and waste 30 minutes your life again digging up all my posts. If Son, Eriksen or Alli had exactly the same game, you'd have such they had a dissapointing game. By saying "Lamela changed the game" you're not giving due credit to the other players. Some posters are like Lamela's family members or something and solely focus on what he does and overhype it. Anyway, I thought Totti was out of order to credit him with changing the game when Eriksen ran the show and Son and Dele provided the quality in the final third. And he needed calling out on it, which I've done.
It was 15 minutes. Far, far less time than you've ''wasted'' being wrong about Lamela. And absolutely eviscerated everything you've ever said about him. Just wallow in your humiliation and shut the fuck up.

Are you arguing that all that shit you said wasn't wrong? Are you still a ''great judge of player''?

You must have been stewing when Poch thought of all the players on the bench to replace Harry Kane, Erik Lamela was the best.

It is possible to credit Lamela AND other players. It's only you that plays him off against our other players.

Has anything you've predicted about Lamela come true?

Tell us all again how Spurs have ''ABSOLUTELY NO CHANCE OF TOP 4''.

Prat.

If only he could use his right foot a bit more he'd be world class.
The way he wriggled out of that corner along the goal line WAS world class, but he then fucked up by using his left foot to try and put the pass through. Good manly performance overall though and he made a massive contribution to turning the game around.

It's madness , he had an average game and to be honest that's the worst spurs have played in months , Son and Dele made the difference yet we are supposed to bow down to the footballing god lamela ! I don't mind admitting he was alright today but fuck me do people blow it out of proportion , some of the deluded on here would vote lamela for a ballon dor ! I don't know why you get so much grief tbh you don't appear to take yourself too seriously and there are some genuine cunts on here that don't get half the stick , I don't agree with everything you've said about Lamela but I do agree that some folk on here take lamela critism very badly like he's family or something , very odd.

Did he change the game when he came on?

Depends on your previous standpoint i suppose.

Lamela detractors will say Son scored the goals, Dele scored and assisted, Eriksen was very good, etc. Nothing about Lamela.

Lamela supporters could very well point out that the sheer presence of Lamela was what opened up space for those others to operate the way they did. His harrying of defenders disrupted Bournemouth and we certainly played better after he came on than we had beforehand.

Me? I’d say 60% from option B and 40% from option A.

Did he change the game when he came on?

Depends on your previous standpoint i suppose.

Lamela detractors will say Son scored the goals, Dele scored and assisted, Eriksen was very good, etc. Nothing about Lamela.

Lamela supporters could very well point out that the sheer presence of Lamela was what opened up space for those others to operate the way they did. His harrying of defenders disrupted Bournemouth and we certainly played better after he came on than we had beforehand.

Me? I’d say 60% from option B and 40% from option A.

They had the better of the opening 20 minutes because home teams nearly always have the better of the opening 20 minutes and then the better takes control. We were always going to win that game because we controlled midfield. To stand any chance they needed to get a second goal but once they didn't the outcome was inevitable. And you're clutching at straws and claiming Lamela did something intangible which is difficult to prove or argue against. Taking people on, getting brilliant crosses in, spraying the ball all over the pitch, firing in shots, these are tangible things so it's essentially an argument of tangible Vs intangible and I prefer tangible personally. You're kind of claiming Lamela had a butterfly effect on the game, he ran a bit and this somehow led to goals being scored.

They had the better of the opening 20 minutes because home teams nearly always have the better of the opening 20 minutes and then the better takes control. We were always going to win that game because we controlled midfield. To stand any chance they needed to get a second goal but once they didn't the outcome was inevitable. And you're clutching at straws and claiming Lamela did something intangible which is difficult to prove or argue against. Taking people on, getting brilliant crosses in, spraying the ball all over the pitch, firing in shots, these are tangible things so it's essentially an argument of tangible Vs intangible and I prefer tangible personally. You're kind of claiming Lamela had a butterfly effect on the game, he ran a bit and this somehow led to goals being scored.
No, that’s not what I’m doing. Even taking into account the 60%/40% bit of my post.

We weren’t always going to win that game at all. The “better” team doesn’t always win, you fool.

And you can be as tangible as you like. Assuming in that case you believe Aurier had a better game than Eriksen because he scored? That’s likely to be the simple level your brain allows you to operate on. If you don’t like intangible influence, you need a new sport to watch.

Back
Top Bottom