January 2018 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

WTF indeed. I was making exactly the opposite point.
Point being that the GROSS spending is absolutely irrelevant, only NET spending is relevant. While you were banging about that in this instance 7k would still be spending....
How is any spending irrelevant?

If I don't spend the 7k I will have 10k left.

If I spend the 7k I will have 3k left.

No spending is irrelevant

Until he's 29 he's 28.

Are you seriously trying to say that until you spend the whole 10k you havent spent any money?

Please tell me you are not trying to say that.

Do people think that spending is like Chinese whisper...it only counts and is relevant to the last transaction?
It doesnt work like that.

The 10k from the car is an amount in its own right. If I buy Mc Donalds on the way home, I have spent a fiver of it.
Or was the burger free?

:pochfacepalm:

Do you have more money or less money if you buy similar condition Subaru Impreza for 10k and buy another in identical condition one for 7k ??? My math says you have same car and 3k more money. If you have more then it meant on net terms you earned and did not spend.

You spent 7 grand........thats why you have a car and 3 grand left

How do you buy a car and not spend money?

Jesus

Are you seriously trying to say that until you spend the whole 10k you havent spent any money?

Do people think that spending is like Chinese whisper...it only counts and is relevant to the last transaction?

The 10k from the car is an amount in its own right. If I buy Mc Donalds on the way home, I have spent a fiver of it.
Or was the burger free?

Do you think I was trying to say that, or do you think perhaps I was drawing a comparison between this conversation and the one between the two Gooners that we've all laughed at in the past?

Also, I see a lot of ppl jizzing here about Malcom and I got curious. Called up a friend of mine who follows Ligue 1 very deeply. He said that it is obvious - he is nowhere ready to come to Spurs.

In order to come and stun the EPL, you have to first have to absolutely OWN the Ligue 1. See examples of Hazard (best player of the league by miles), Giroud (top scorer in previous season), Payet (assist-king and best player of previous season). Malcom is not even near dominating the league. So he might be worth a punt, for like in N'Koudou case or bit more, maybe for 20 mil. But 40 mil for a player who has only been able to show glimpses is madly out of the line of consistency. For 40 mil you can buy a very good established player. So if alternatives would be very well established Moura for 25 mil or occasionally good Malcom for 40 mil, than my choice is very-very simple - Moura.
You are as bad as the people wanking over him, they want him but have never heard of him or seen him play, you poor cold water on it having never heard or seen him play.

I've never heard of him or seen him play, but can at least see that a player playing in a shit team fighting relegation isn't going to "dominate" a league. Our bravery in the market in the window spending £40m on a 21 year old CB (Sanchez), that most hadn't heard of or seen play shows that if we like and want a player we will be brave and go for it.

Best sit back and go with it.

Or was the burger free?

I don't think you understand, Liverpool did not spunk £35m on Andy Carol, they made Chelsea buy him and pay an extra £15m, what they spent on Carol was irrelevant my Liverpool supporting mate told me.

You spent 7 grand........thats why you have a car and 3 grand left

How do you buy a car and not spend money?

Jesus

Haha, okay, I fooking give up.
If people don't understand the concept of NET and GROSS and what actually matters... then I think my hands remain short.

Just for future reference - I never said that there would not be a cash outflow - there is, but the inflow is bigger, so it is irrelevent, as this outflow is already offset by larger inflow hence at the end of such transactions you will be in same situation (asset wise) as before and you have gained 3k. If that is uncomprahandable, well, then let it be.

Back
Top Bottom