Tottenham v West Ham

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I guess so...scapegoating caused by what I talked about and maybe, just maybe, it's directed at Sissoko currently but anyone we bought in for 30 mill and didn't perform like a world class superstar would have received the grief he gets...as the latest scapegoat.

Still a flawed rationale from those that those that embrace it.

As a West Ham fan and football fan I read this and other forums with a sense of humour. Rarely needing to comment if I'm honest. However there are some on here that regardless of the result would never give the opposition any credit whatsoever. Yes you're undoubtedly a better team (currently)and we'd love to have some of your players. Saying that, we had to play to the only strength we've currently got 'some form of organised defence at last'. It's not down to us to come to your gaff and play your expansive football so you can march on through us; it's down to you and your coach to work that one out for yourselves. Free flowing football, we'd love that too and I'm sure in time it'll come when we're eventually sold to a bored 'Arab/Chinese billionaire'. In the meantime enjoy the rest of your season... Apparently we've had our cup final so I suppose it'll be all down hill for us paupers from here on in...

As a West Ham fan and football fan I read this and other forums with a sense of humour. Rarely needing to comment if I'm honest. However there are some on here that regardless of the result would never give the opposition any credit whatsoever. Yes you're undoubtedly a better team (currently)and we'd love to have some of your players. Saying that, we had to play to the only strength we've currently got 'some form of organised defence at last'. It's not down to us to come to your gaff and play your expansive football so you can march on through us; it's down to you and your coach to work that one out for yourselves. Free flowing football, we'd love that too and I'm sure in time it'll come when we're eventually sold to a bored 'Arab/Chinese billionaire'. In the meantime enjoy the rest of your season... Apparently we've had our cup final so I suppose it'll be all down hill for us paupers from here on in...

(Currently) when were you better than us out of interest ?

Look, you're being very diplomatic, and that's surprising and not very upsetting.

But go away.

That club is such a fucking joke.

Wasn't the issue that it was classed as an "A tier" match and so the tickets were at the same pricing tier as the likes of our major derbies and matches against Woolwich and Chelsea?

People just didn't want to spend the money to go see that sack of shit.

I am testement to that.... Nearly made the trip at the last minute (as time and funds became apparent) but thought better of splashing best part of £100 (inc. travel and food etc.) and a 5+hr round trip to watch us grind away at a 10man defensive wall for 90mins.

(Not currently based in London, though ordinarily am.)

Obiang's shot was still going up when it hit the net, so definitely credit to him for that strike.

Not surprising that the fella got the reaction he did really is it? Made the effort to join this forum to gloat about getting a draw away at Spurs after having played with 11 defenders & calling us tin pot several times (needs to look a bit closer to home i would suggest?).
If that is the limit of West Hams ambitions these days & what constitutes 'a result' i feel sorry for your fanbase.
I think our second lowest attendance of the season at 50k shows where WHU are in the food chain to us & your celebrations on getting a point away at one of 'the big clubs' where we are to you. Miles apart in every way.

Not surprising that the fella got the reaction he did really is it? Made the effort to join this forum to gloat about getting a draw away at Spurs after having played with 11 defenders & calling us tin pot several times (needs to look a bit closer to home i would suggest?).
If that is the limit of West Hams ambitions these days & what constitutes 'a result' i feel sorry for your fanbase.
I think our second lowest attendance of the season at 50k shows where WHU are in the food chain to us & your celebrations on getting a point away at one of 'the big clubs' where we are to you. Miles apart in every way.

Only until that bored arab/chinaman shows up apparently

(Currently) when were you better than us out of interest ?

I know it's but a speck in the distance now and there's quite a clear gulf now, but to play devils advocate -

97/98 - West Ham 8th Spurs 14th
98/99 - West Ham 5th Spurs 11th
99/00 - West Ham 9th Spurs 10th

:D

On to the match, similar to the poster above, I like having a browse of the oppositions forums leading up to games and after, just to get a idea of what's actually going on outside of the Sky Sports agenda bubble. We were very negative last night, but I don't really understand what people expected. At the moment we have an unbalanced squad and a 90 year old playing RB. To echo Moyes, hopefully in the future we can come back and actually have an entertaining game against you lot, but at the moment I guess we have to just settle with that to stay on the gravy train.

Aside from all the "is it a rivalry/isn't it a rivalry" rubbish, it's normally a good unpredictable game, and that's why I was so disappointed last night. But a points a point and beggars can't be choosers. I'm sure you'll get top 4, Mourinho looks like he's on a one man mission to suck the life out of Man United. I just hope Kane et al go into the world cup on a positive note rather than a negative.

One thing though, Sissoko? What's that all about?

I think you're right we are miles apart and trust me don't we know it! Hence our celebrations at gaining a well earned point. If some of your more 'vocal keyboard warriors' bothered to actually read our forums (KUMB is really for the scarfer and not where you should draw your knowledge of our fanbase from if I'm honest) you'll see that we are at our wits end with the owners of our club and the lack of ambition we show. 'Jealous of the way Spurs play and are managed'? Definitely! Do you care about us? That's where I think we differ, yes you do (why on earth would we have our own page on your website otherwise)? Why would this thread have achieved nearly 1300 responses, many of them not talking tactics of the game, just saying how shite West Ham are! That alone speaks volumes. Why did only 50k turn up? Midweek, televised, early Jan, 2 days since last game and live on SKY. They'd have been a load more if they'd have let us have the allocation.

You're right fella, well done for an amazing game, you showed the world what can be achieved, what they witnessed last night has sent shockwaves right the way around the Word, even an unknown team of part-time farmers call Astra Goo Goo are talking about the stunning draw you pulled off, truly phenomenal football, new style emerges from the East End, Moyes is God, Moyes should be knighted for his style of play, a football revolution is happening in the Lea Valley Leisure Palace. I've heard Pep and the gang have asked for private coaching lessons to learn to play this new style of the game that Moyes is inventing. Congratulations, I'm looking forward to the Biography's and the sounds of coaching manuals being ripped up around the world.

Mug.

You think you deserve "credit"?

Don't kid yourself... Apparently you've got the next biggest wage bill in the league to us and that's all you can serve up?

The Nu-WestHam way....

"Downhill"?

Yup.... Downhill..... All the way down to the championship....

Last time your mob will probably ever see Wembley too. That's gotta hurt.

Credit where no credit is due-. A great, fortunate goal from Pedro Obiang (a black player, if you haven't noticed).
Overall, we failed to win rather than you getting a well deserved draw-you were awful and praise should never be given for a performance as yours-its the worse side of football. Its easy to spoil a game, its much more difficult to be creative.
Enjoy your relegation battle-there will be a cup final, the final game when its not mathematically possible for you not to go down.

I know it's but a speck in the distance now and there's quite a clear gulf now, but to play devils advocate -

On to the match, similar to the poster above, I like having a browse of the oppositions forums leading up to games and after, just to get a idea of what's actually going on outside of the Sky Sports agenda bubble. We were very negative last night, but I don't really understand what people expected. At the moment we have an unbalanced squad and a 90 year old playing RB. To echo Moyes, hopefully in the future we can come back and actually have an entertaining game against you lot, but at the moment I guess we have to just settle with that to stay on the gravy train.

Aside from all the "is it a rivalry/isn't it a rivalry" rubbish, it's normally a good unpredictable game, and that's why I was so disappointed last night. But a points a point and beggars can't be choosers. I'm sure you'll get top 4, Mourinho looks like he's on a one man mission to suck the life out of Man United. I just hope Kane et al go into the world cup on a positive note rather than a negative.

I think you're right we are miles apart and trust me don't we know it! Hence our celebrations at gaining a well earned point. If some of your more 'vocal keyboard warriors' bothered to actually read our forums (KUMB is really for the scarfer and not where you should draw your knowledge of our fanbase from if I'm honest) you'll see that we are at our wits end with the owners of our club and the lack of ambition we show. 'Jealous of the way Spurs play and are managed'? Definitely! Do you care about us? That's where I think we differ, yes you do (why on earth would we have our own page on your website otherwise)? Why would this thread have achieved nearly 1300 responses, many of them not talking tactics of the game, just saying how shite West Ham are! That alone speaks volumes. Why did only 50k turn up? Midweek, televised, early Jan, 2 days since last game and live on SKY. They'd have been a load more if they'd have let us have the allocation.

I usually say that there is no rivalry between us to WHU mates of mine purely because they are so desperate for there to be one. Winds them up nice & tight :)

I think it is a shame that GSB have gutted your club, and more importantly, your fanbase in order to chase the filthy lucre. All the old school Hammers i know (ie, really OLD) have thrown the towel in already. UP was one of the best away days of the season. The Taxpayers is fucking awful & probably (hand on heart) one of the worst stadiums i have ever watched football in (might be better for the home fans?)

Only until that bored arab/chinaman shows up apparently

I know its already a soul-less shitfest down in Stratford, but to be left eternally yearning for some corporate, foreign sugar daddy to buy you a modicum of pride and hope...

What a baron existence!

...Not sure i'd have the front to try and take oppo fans to task tbh.

50k tells you all you need to know about how the majority of Spurs think about this game, they don't think about this game. There are many who do, probably most of those from Essex where there is a mix fanbase between the two clubs, and may be a few stragglers left over from the 70's/80's. But the 50k is a reminder just how you are viewed, with had more turn up to watch Bournemouth, Brighton, Palace, Burnley.

There is a thread on you lot that is regular visited for genuine jokes, your circus of a club have given us some truly fucking brilliant comedy for many. many years, not least the last two have been right up there as the great comedy saga in history. I know you've read it, so it's obvious to the dumbest fuck to see why is been an epic laugh for 2.5yrs now, many thanks for that.

Please don't change, please continue to give us the laughs. Lets hope Moyes does exactly what he did last night to the 16 remaining fixtures, those 16 points will see that you go down on 38 points. But when he tries to get you play play for a win you get stuffed.

That West Ham team that came 5th had the makings of a really top team.

Back
Top Bottom