January 2018 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Liverpool spent 45M too much. Why is that supposed to be some kind of motivation
I would say they showed a resilient determination to get the player the manager wanted. Even if that meant paying over the odds.
Surely better than settling for second or third choice to save a few notes. Its called backing your manager.

I would say they showed a resilient determination to get the player the manager wanted. Even if that meant paying over the odds.
Surely better than settling for second or third choice to save a few notes. Its called backing your manager.
No to me, it just means that because they tried to sign him illegally in the summer, they were forced to pay 45M too much because Southampton were pissed off and knew how desperate they were.
They have not sorted out their back line with this signing, and have sold Coutinho to fund it.

If we sold Eriksen and bought Van Dyke for 75M instead of Sanchez would you be lauding Levy?

If the only person we signed was Toby it'd be a successful window.

Wouldn't post that here mate. You'll have certain members melting....the ones who think the footballing world is like the football manager game, where you can pretty much splash out anything on anyone, and get transfers done and dusted in minutes.

:adegrin:

Ah my first disagree of the year from that fat cunt John Thomas John Thomas

I think we can all agree that if that illiterate oaf was in charge, we'd be 'doing a leeds' right now, and absolutely fucked financially.

Suck my balls John you fat bastard.
Are you going to meet me and cut me open again?

Gut me like a pig, like.
giphy%2B%25281%2529.gif

No to me, it just means that because they tried to sign him illegally in the summer, they were forced to pay 45M too much because Southampton were pissed off and knew how desperate they were.
They have not sorted out their back line with this signing, and have sold Coutinho to fund it.

If we sold Eriksen and bought Van Dyke for 75M instead of Sanchez would you be lauding Levy?
Spot on.

Wouldn't post that here mate. You'll have certain members melting....the ones who think the footballing world is like the football manager game, where you can pretty much splash out anything on anyone, and get transfers done and dusted in minutes.

:adegrin:

You wildly underestimate the intelligence of posters if you believe that and fail to understand an inexplicable and irrational love for a football club.

Most recognise the truth of signing players and any of those with footballing appreciation will also note that standing still means going backwards.

Mahrez in the summer would be amazing. Showing the form that took Leicester to the title. Bad season last year but I think he is a class player.
Too lazy for Poch. He’s like Lamela without the work ethic.

Zaha would be better, but he will cost £40-50m in this market, and it wouldn’t happen until the summer.

Maybe some loan action, signing some young guys, a new Toby contract. Only really shocker I could see is £10-15m for Barkley.

Back
Top Bottom