Danny Rose

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

he did look more himself today for the first time, which is encouraging. I do think he is making an effort, that's the best way to win back fan's support - to put in good performances. Then not fuck off in the summer and undo it all.
He is a fantastic footballer, and is showing signs of that again. Agree that he is making an effort. However, we are deluded if we think his attitude towards the club has changed- there's no reason why it would have done. He will be off asap.

Totally agree. He's playing for his future and I don't think it's with us
At least Danny had the courtesy of speaking plain about wanting more money. Eriksen's previous statement of wanting his football career to take him around the world was simply a flowery way of saying he wants to be a mercenary - he's loads of money and months off in the summer, perfectly capable of travelling all over should he wish.

To a man (apart from Kane), our squad always recites some form of the "you never know what the future holds" line. What? Is Dele or Dier gonna find a missus on the shore and decide they want to fuck off to Brighton to be close to the fam? They're all being non-committal because they don't want to be called up as liars should bigger wages come in.

At least Danny had the integrity to fucking say it, not pretend he's some sort of loyal servant but leave room to sneak out for more money. I can respect that, as a man, and I prefer to do business with equally blunt people - if you're a merc, tell me you're a merc and I can plan my endeavors with that knowledge in mind.

At least Danny had the courtesy of speaking plain about wanting more money. Eriksen's previous statement of wanting his football career to take him around the world was simply a flowery way of saying he wants to be a mercenary - he's loads of money and months off in the summer, perfectly capable of travelling all over should he wish.

To a man (apart from Kane), our squad always recites some form of the "you never know what the future holds" line. What? Is Dele or Dier gonna find a missus on the shore and decide they want to fuck off to Brighton to be close to the fam? They're all being non-committal because they don't want to be called up as liars should bigger wages come in.

At least Danny had the integrity to fucking say it, not pretend he's some sort of loyal servant but leave room to sneak out for more money. I can respect that, as a man, and I prefer to do business with equally blunt people - if you're a merc, tell me you're a merc and I can plan my endeavors with that knowledge in mind.

Some good spinning there. ;-)

Rose allowed The Sun to interview him, whilst he was injured, a few days before the new season and basically slagged off the fans, the club, some of his teammates and disrespected the manager in the process. None of the others you mentioned have done anything like that.

As long as he's a Spurs player I will support him but he's definitely been badly advised imo.

Rose allowed The Sun to interview him, whilst he was injured, a few days before the new season and basically slagged off the fans, the club, some of his teammates and disrespected the manager in the process. None of the others you mentioned have done anything like that.

As long as he's a Spurs player I will support him but he's definitely been badly advised imo.
Here here

The timing was poor, agreed. The paper choice was abysmal, agreed. He was quite complimentary of the manager, and we'll have to disagree on slagging of the fans - he said he won't forget how SOME treated him, basically those that berated him over Twitter and treated him like shit over the new contract. All in all, an exceedingly shit moment.

All that said, at least everyone knows exactly where he stands. He's an elite LWB, best in the country and possibly the world when he's on it. And he's for hire. He's proven that he'll work his socks off for his employer. So...lets just keep him employed at Tottenham. I don't need players to love the club (few ever will) or the fans (fewer still). I just want the club to win trophies. It might be a cynical view, but in this day and age you need more Danny Roses than Ryan Masons to do that.

Advised, you’re being very kind to him. At what point does common sense kick in. You don’t need to be very clever to realise the extent to which you’re publicly slagging off your employer, used to love him and the whole it’s a job stick yes yes yes. Fact is he accepted an improved contract, while the rest of his colleagues were chasing Chelsea he was in recovery, adding comments like ‘his worth’ doesn’t signify any team ethic and ‘players you need to google’ is just nasty never mind unnecessary.
He wears our colours so I’ll support but that’s all as far as I’m concerned he’s impeding my club’s progress

He wears our colours so I’ll support but that’s all as far as I’m concerned he’s impeding my club’s progress
Could you expand on that? For all the opinions on Rose, I've never heard anyone who felt we were being held back by having one of the best in the world at his position on the books? How is he impeding our progress?

Not picking a fight - seriously would like to understand your perspective on that. Just can't see it, myself.

Could you expand on that? For all the opinions on Rose, I've never heard anyone who felt we were being held back by having one of the best in the world at his position on the books? How is he impeding our progress?

Not picking a fight - seriously would like to understand your perspective on that. Just can't see it, myself.
On the ‘Last Word on Spurs’ podcast a couple weeks ago a mate of Rose (family friend apparently and sports journalist of some sort) was insistent that we were obstructing Rose from moving on or ‘getting what he deserves’ (Rose’s words) and he’ll hopefully be moving in January, the man has no interest in being at Spurs. Ben Davies flourished in his absence and was instrumental in helping us push Chelsea as far as we did putting in some MoM performances along the way, KWP by all concerned will be a worthy PL player. We have for all intents and purposes sidelined both their progress to rehabilitate Danny who in my opinion has yet to replicate any of that past form (long time out I know) and not gelled as Davies has last season, unless we’re willing to forget just how good Gentle Ben was before Rose resurfaced

GrizzledForsakenHuia-size_restricted.gif

He is a fantastic footballer, and is showing signs of that again. Agree that he is making an effort. However, we are deluded if we think his attitude towards the club has changed- there's no reason why it would have done. He will be off asap.

I think you're probably right, but the one thing that makes me think it could have changed/change is because he was injured before when he did those interviews and he'd been out a while, it can make you look at things differently to if you are actually training, playing, etc.

No point in trying to keep players who want to leave and cause disruption to the team.
But if Danny wants to leave for more money, and we grant his wish, Dele, Harry, Toby, Jan and so on will all look on in envy and may want away to. Do we let them all go then?
And all the evidence suggests he's a popular squad member, not disruptive as you suggest.
No. Better to try and address the issue by keeping our best players.
Thats what ambitious clubs do. Its certainly what successful clubs do....If we aint prepared to compete at the top end in the transfer market, we should at least make every effort to keep hold of the best we have. We aint Southampton, are we.

Last edited:
But if Danny wants to leave for more money, and we grant his wish, Dele, Harry, Toby, Jan and so on will all look on in envy and may want away to. Do we let them all go then?
Thats what ambitious clubs do. Its certainly whst successfl clubs do....If we aint prepared to compete at the top end in the transfer market, we should at least make every effort to keep hold of the best we have. We aint Southampton, are we.
He’s been made aware of his public responsibility to the club, fined, involved in Madrid away when not fit, re-integrated into the playing staff and has dates penned in for negotiations, yet still offers statements like Kyle Walker got what he deserved. He doesn’t want his situation being addressed he wants to leave, the others you cited maybe their desire to return to a northern team isn’t so pressing.

Thats what ambitious clubs do. Its certainly what successful clubs do....If we aint prepared to compete at the top end in the transfer market, we should at least make every effort to keep hold of the best we have. We aint Southampton, are we.
if they get disruptive, yep. sell the lot of them

Better to be in the combined counties league with players that want to be there than have a load of mercenaries that are there PURELY for the money

anyway...you think Alan Sugar did an alright job as chairman. under him we were worse then southampton. we rarely had any players a decent side wanted to buy. I dont recall a Q of people trying to buy Iversen

He doesn’t want his situation being addressed he wants to leave, the others you cited maybe their desire to return to a northern team isn’t so pressing.
Im sorry mate but if you believe this northern team bullshit then there is no point debating with you.
The simple fact is we recently sold the best r/w back in England to a rival. If we swiftly follow up by selling the best l/w back to another rival it enhances our reputation as a selling club and will only damage our chances of keeping Kane and others long term.
How can you not see that.

Back
Top Bottom