Manchester City v Tottenham Hotspur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Reality is that we have gone from second best to about 6th best. This result does not change the reality of the last 6 weeks. It just adds to it. United / Woolwich away and now this. Patterns v our “rivals”

Now, essentially half way through, it’s become obvious that nowhere near enough was done in the summer. Squad did not improve enough. It’s a shame. It’s a fact. We have a brilliant team. But the squad overall is not brilliant enough. Anyone see GKN of late ?

It appears now that perhaps letting some of the egos go would have made more sense than keeping them. Dier is an example, why’s he here...?

More widely. Some problems we could not have seen, for example have Dembele’s legs gone ?

Today. We were abject. No where near aggressive enough. Not quick enough. And certainly not brave enough. Given I had the same feeling against United and Woolwich ( and a few other games to be fair ) my anger toward the bench is increasing. Manager needs to be gripping some of these lazy cunts. Too many excuses.

At some point questions need to be asked why we don't turn up against the top sides. Poch made a big thing about changing the mentality when the came in...... I don't see it, we turn up at these games like we're there to try compete not like we're going to win. The book (which I know a lot on here say doesn't really say much to cause problems with our players) but I think it's more than that, it's as if Poch has started to believe his own hype. Do a book when you've won things and left a legacy fair enough, but not when others are hyping you after a couple of decent seasons when let's face it a lot of the other big clubs have been either in turmoil or rebuilding.

I still have faith in Poch but he needs to get his head down and work out how he's going to take the next step up and compete in these games and win some silverware otherwise I fear Daniel will soon get itchy finger when we are in the new stadium.

I am going to watch the shinning to cheer me up

Im pissed off too Paddy but I can't see what's exciting about shinning
th

Last edited:
They’re on another level. Simple as that.
It's only going to get worse! As long as you have clubs that are willing to sell their soul,their history,their reputation and have greedy little players and greedier little agents the gap is gonna get bigger'n'bigger! Football is a business now,the camera panned on to the home support they're standing applauding politely looking bored fucking stupid. Sorry but if that's the future I'm out, I for one hope to fuck Levy and the owners keep with the philosophy of the playing side at least bring in young players or bring our own through whether it happens time will tell? Empty seats at the new stadium might dictate otherwise....anyway no a good result but their doing this to everyone no just us! Top four,F.A cup and do as best we can in the CL 17/18 is no over yet COYS

Since I'm in a shit mood and don't give a fuck right now, I'm gonna drop another dose of truth on y'all: Dier is also quite overrated. He is not a top CB or a top CM. He is a decent utility squad player, and if we had all our players fit, he would not get into this team.

It's only going to get worse! As long as you have clubs that are willing to sell their soul,their history,their reputation and have greedy little players and greedier little agents the gap is gonna get bigger'n'bigger! Football is a business now,the camera panned on to the home support they're standing applauding politely looking bored fucking stupid. Sorry but if that's the future I'm out, I for one hope to fuck Levy and the owners keep with the philosophy of the playing side at least bring in young players or bring our own through whether it happens time will tell? Empty seats at the new stadium might dictate otherwise....anyway no a good result but their doing this to everyone no just us! Top four,F.A cup and do as best we can in the CL 17/18 is no over yet COYS

In a nutshell. Spot on

Naive at times. For all his great saves, Lloris is still fucking shit with his distribution.
Trippier was truly owned at all times tonight, chasing shadows. Alli was rubbish & desrved a red card for that abomination of a tackle on de Bruyne. Well and truly beaten by a far superior side. But if some fucker gave me the pick of the worlds best players with an open cheque book, I could win the league. It’s a farce. Not a competition. Just who has the biggest budget. And we aren’t in that league, thank fuck. No soul in their club. None at all. And before anyone gets all anti board, unless we sold our soul as a club, then the oil billions will always win. Lewis could spend his whole life savings & we still couldn’t compete with the oil slavery families. Fuck it. Football is finished as a competitive sport.
The Chavs killed it first .
We could get a little nearer but still win fuck all . City have taken it to a new level .

Reality is that we have gone from second best to about 6th best. This result does not change the reality of the last 6 weeks. It just adds to it. United / Woolwich away and now this. Patterns v our “rivals”

Now, essentially half way through, it’s become obvious that nowhere near enough was done in the summer. Squad did not improve enough. It’s a shame. It’s a fact. We have a brilliant team. But the squad overall is not brilliant enough. Anyone see GKN of late ?

It appears now that perhaps letting some of the egos go would have made more sense than keeping them. Dier is an example, why’s he here...?

More widely. Some problems we could not have seen, for example have Dembele’s legs gone ?

Today. We were abject. No where near aggressive enough. Not quick enough. And certainly not brave enough. Given I had the same feeling against United and Woolwich ( and a few other games to be fair ) my anger toward the bench is increasing. Manager needs to be gripping some of these lazy cunts. Too many excuses.
Your last paragraph is utter shit mate, pundits think we should have had two reds, (I think Kane was lucky, Dele one was nothing as far as I'm concerned). We were brave enough, we pressed and attacked them, we didn't bottle this game like Utd. we choose to be brave and play them, we were not good enough, simple as that.

Blaming the transfer window, you're having a laugh, so you are saying we should have bought a FOUTH RB? (Tripps, KWP, Aurier), so you think we should have bought a SIXTH CB (Toby, Dier, Verts, Foyth, Sanchez), so you think we should have bought a FIFTH DM (Winks, Dembele, Wanyama (Dier)), because had we have done that yeah, we would "probably" covered off where our problems were today.

Yes, Citeh’s oil money makes managing them much easier but Pep and his coaches deserve a bit of credit for having the balls to implement their system last year - remember how we all laughed at their defensive bowlers. This season the style is bedded in and they are reaping the benefits .

Anyway - US

I think I understand what Poch tried to do today. At kick off the gung ho in me applauded the audacity. With the benefit of hindsight it was a mistake.

Winks (as much as I love him) was taught a harsh lesson today. Moussa’s legs may have gone. Trippier was out of his depth.

None of our creative/forward players turned up.

Lloris was abject and embarrassing.

I think we as supporters should hold our nerve and not succumb to melting. The team needs our support and needs Wembley (as much as we dislike it) as full as possible and as loud as possible.

However, this shouldn’t disguise the fact that something (a few things?) are wrong with the team/squad thus season. I’m still furious with our display in the NLD - & you should be too. Add to that the pathetic displays over the last month or two and we are where we deserve to be. We have the ‘right’ as supporters who invest emotion, time and money into supporting the club to discuss these issues between us and have the occasional moan...

Back
Top Bottom