Manchester City v Tottenham Hotspur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This match is fricking massive and so reminds me of last season when we met and broke the pedestal everyone had put them on already. Very similar again shit just little deeper but basically same setting. We have nothing to fear. Just let it loose baby

I'd feel a lot more confident if we were at Wembley in all honesty, though saying that our away support has proven to be much better than our home support so far this season and the pitch size is hardly that different

You can be optimistic, We are good enough to beat any team in world football when we are at full tilt , however my opinion is a Tottenham win is the least likely outcome I'd imagine the general football population agree. I personally think we could be at our very best and still lose deservedly, imo this City team is the best team from England for a few years so we'll need to be 100% and get the rub of the green to do it , it is quite possible it's very unlikely City won't lose this season.

Genuine question.... But what is it specifically about this City team that set's them apart from strong teams from recent past?

I don't see anything unique about them (apart from the amount of money spent, but that's not what I'm getting at)...

I'd feel a lot more confident if we were at Wembley in all honesty, though saying that our away support has proven to be much better than our home support so far this season and the pitch size is hardly that different

Nah... they'd raise their game (if that's possible) to an even higher level...
Plus you just KNOW when we DO play them at Wembley it's on a be "Revenge for '81" narrative from the press!
We don't need that added pressure right now!

I'm just hoping they assume it's already job done, and take their eye off the ball.

Every time another team 'write their game off' against them, it merely makes it easier for them to stroll to yet another win...
Fuck THAT. we need to show them we won't roll over like the other 14* clubs they've met this season!

* apart from Everton, who somehow managed to give a good account of themselves!!

I hope this doesn't come across wrong, but I'm wondering if the pressure is off us a little. We are starting to look like ourselves more, but city are just on a roll. I don't know if anyone is really expecting us to win nor will it drastically change anything for the season if we dont. Maybe there just isn't the pressure because of this and we just go out, have a little fun, and throw it on the line.

I'd love to see a win or at least a tie, but more than anything I just want to see heart and see us give them a game.

My guess is 3-0 or 0-3 depending on how well we are able to defend with all the missing defenders. First goal will be decisive.

Genuine question.... But what is it specifically about this City team that set's them apart from strong teams from recent past?

I don't see anything unique about them (apart from the amount of money spent, but that's not what I'm getting at)...

Probably just the fact that we haven't really had a great team for the last few years , I think City look capable of dominating English football for the next 5 or 6 years and being one of the top 2 or 3 in Europe.

Plus you just KNOW when we DO play them at Wembley it's on a be "Revenge for '81" narrative from the press!

I'm just hoping they assume it's already job done, and take their eye off the ball.

Every time another team 'write their game off' against them, it merely makes it easier for them to stroll to yet another win...
Fuck THAT. we need to show them we won't roll over like the other 14* clubs they've met this season!

* apart from Everton, who somehow managed to give a good account of themselves!!

Everton got absolutely battered to be fair and Man City had ten men too.

We've got this!

That shit is annoying the tits off of me...

36 years ago, FFS!!!

I was only 5 at the time... I vaguely remember the joy of winning the cup, but did I miss something?

Is that all it takes to foster a rivalry these days... Being in direct competition with someone (also see the bollocks with Leicester). As per the old adage, it seems you can take a club out of the small-time, but you can't take the small-time out of the club.

That shit is annoying the tits off of me...

36 years ago, FFS!!!

I was only 5 at the time... I vaguely remember the joy of winning the cup, but did I miss something?

Is that all it takes to foster a rivalry these days... Being in direct competition with someone (also see the bollocks with Leicester). As per the old adage, it seems you can take a club out of the small-time, but you can't take the small-time out of the club.
No the rivalry with Leicester dates back to us beating them to win the double in the F A Cup final of 1961:eriksenlol:

I think we can get a result today. Yes we will need to be at it from the off, and we can't concede chances like we did to Stoke, but this will be an open game and that suits us. Their current run can't go on for ever and we are one of the few sides with the tools to beat them. I hope we have Moussa in the middle who's steadily improving for me, and Son's pace upfront. Not too much pressure on us here, so let's go for it. COYS!!!

If not for the injuries id fancy us to win today. We still might. I don't care so much about the result as the performance. Other sides just roll over, don't even try to go toe to toe a and play proper football. It's last week we're a total embarrassment to football. Fuck that. We will give them a game. I'm proud of that jo matter the result. We're away from home with key players out, against the best team dirty money can buy; let's see what happens.

Back
Top Bottom