Tottenham Hotspur v APOEL Nicosia, Champions League - Matchday Six

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Kane will play - 2 goals behind Ronaldo at the top of the CL scoring charts...

The rest of the team... whatever

One of the CL rules is to play your strongest team.

I don’t think they will let us off with just playing a bunch of kids who haven’t been playing in the Premier League.

CL is meant to be the pinnacle of European football. It’s not the check a trade trophy after all.

One of the CL rules is to play your strongest team.

I don’t think they will let us off with just playing a bunch of kids who haven’t been playing in the Premier League.

CL is meant to be the pinnacle of European football. It’s not the check a trade trophy after all.

In theory, yes.

....But as the age old debate asks; how can you prove or quantify what our best XI is?

We nominated a CL squad. We have every right to play them, group already won or not.

In theory, yes.

....But as the age old debate asks; how can you prove or quantify what our best XI is?

We nominated a CL squad. We have every right to play them, group already won or not.

If you think we can play 11 kids from the B list as some are suggesting on here I think it’s pretty easy to quantify that’s not our best 11.

But picking 11 from our A list squad and leaving out Kane, Dele and Eriksen I think we can get away with, easy enough to say they are carrying injuries. Already missing a few from that list anyway.

Personally think UEFA wouldn’t let it pass if you started 10 outfield players who weren’t named in the A list squad.

Yeah that's true and a little over a million quid on the line if we win too

Right, I'm all in.... Let's smash the cunts.

Desperately need Eriksen to refind his mojo so he plays the bulk of the 90.

Give Sonny & Dele 45 each.... Whoever scores the most of the 2 keeps his place for Stoke.

If you think we can play 11 kids from the B list as some are suggesting on here I think it’s pretty easy to quantify that’s not our best 11.

But picking 11 from our A list squad and leaving out Kane, Dele and Eriksen I think we can get away with, easy enough to say they are carrying injuries. Already missing a few from that list anyway.

Personally think UEFA wouldn’t let it pass if you started 10 outfield players who weren’t named in the A list squad.

Correct me if im wrong, but the CL squad - as submitted - doesn't contain an A & B list.... Just a list of Spurs players.

Wasn’t going to this, but a Forces pal has bagged a couple of complimentary tickets through Tickets for Troops. Hopefully it’ll seem like we’re playing better as it’s free...:avbpray:

Vorm, Foyth and Llorente all need pitch time. KWP deserves a start, with a ban coming up Sanchez might as well start. Davies or Aurier at LB Sissoko and Winks in the middle, Son and Alli out wide and Kane up top with Llorente. After the Leicester game I was shocked Eriksen started yesterday he 100% needs a rest and Jan and Mousa D need protecting.
Glad there is nothing on this game, the result (apart from a few quid) means nothing to us, get it out of the way and we can concentrate on the league for a few weeks.

I don't want Spurs to throw this game as a lost would probably mean Dortmund finishing bottom so out of the Europa Cup. I want as many decent teams in that competition to face those Woolwich wankers as possible.

Back
Top Bottom